9 2.8%

9 2.8%

15 4.6%

10 3.1%

8 2.5%

51 15.6%

• Total voters

Scooby

What a negative disappointment! Amaury was very weak and cold on stage. There was no energy on his singing. It seems that Sognu was the most overrated song this year!

aletem

What a negative disappointment! Amaury was very weak and cold on stage. There was no energy on his singing. It seems that Sognu was the most overrated song this year!
I agree. he sang in a low key and wasn't wow, and lost the whole appeal, despite the great background. I think it is his own fault for the result and I do agree it was a bit overrated by the fans.

Synergise

I didn't like the French entry this year, but I'm sorry about the result. It did deserve better. With a placement like that though, it probably didn't do THAT well with the jury either.

The UK feel the same - it doesn't seem to matter what we send, we don't think we can ever win again, under the current system. I think France should stick with the competition, but campaign for change in the system. I think the Big Five should be scrapped - I actually think it's detrimental to us. If a song can win, it'll get through the semi anyway, and it's extra advertisement of the song to voters.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of Amaury's jury rehearsal performance? I'm dying to see it and I can't find it anywhere!

deese

the song was awesome but the performance was lifeless. he coulnd't pass the power of the song to the audience. everyone expected WOW, but it was like WTF. :?

Last edited:

Cjs45

Disappointing result. Something was definitely wrong with the performance, by the end it was underwhelming... :(

Pedram

Thanks, but I was actually referring to a video of Amaury's performance that had been recorded as a back-up during the jury rehearsal. For example, this is a video of Blue' performance from the jury rehearsal, not the final:

So, has anyone seen one for Amaury's jury rehearsal performance?
OK I've got it. I'm looking for that if I find, I call you buddy.

StellaStai

Spain got a new chance last year, France should this year. Whats matter with the Germans.. but most of all EBU. :twisted:

Last edited:

whatdoyouwant

I actually liked the studio record of the song but somehow on Saturday I couldn't feel the song. I always thought that Amaury sang sligtly too low, it didn't sound good somehow...
Why don't you send Zaz? ;-) Germany loves her. No wait, don't. It would be a suicide to her career...

Sarang

If this really did fail due to technical issues, then I'm afraid the Germans have really ruined Eurovision this year given that they made a total mess of semi 1 as well!

whatdoyouwant

If this really did fail due to technical issues, then I'm afraid the Germans have really ruined Eurovision this year given that they made a total mess of semi 1 as well!
Germany "ruined" Eurovision? Messed up semi 1? Just because the commentators were mute for some minutes? As I don't define the quality of a show by the commentators but the presentation of the artists, I would say that you're pretty much exaggerating. And if there really were technical issues during France's performance, I'd feel sorry for Assaury and I guess the responsibles should apologize but still, the show was amazing.

seb89

It's sad if he had technical difficulties, That's really a shame, but why didn't he complained at the moment :(.

But really the show was wow. I have never seen such a beautiful show!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I was incredibly disappointed in France. One of my favorite songs but it was a lifeless performance and Amaury was completely disconnected from the viewers. Maybe it was his nerves but it plays a big part in it. I had a bad feeling and I was right in the end, I still think Top 10 would have been appropriate but it wasn't meant to be. A lot of favorites flopped this year and France was one of them!

scami

Germany "ruined" Eurovision? Messed up semi 1? Just because the commentators were mute for some minutes? As I don't define the quality of a show by the commentators but the presentation of the artists, I would say that you're pretty much exaggerating. And if there really were technical issues during France's performance, I'd feel sorry for Assaury and I guess the responsibles should apologize but still, the show was amazing.

Not only the commentators were mute for some minutes, everything was mute.. At least in Spain, we couldn't hear more than half of the Norwegian song.. So those who were watching for the first time, really had no idea how the song was.

France was my favourite, i love that song, but for me it was obvious that there were some technical problems. Amaury said in his FB that a claim was made by the Frech delegation, something like that.

J'entre en scène, et je n'ai pas de retour dans mon oreillette, j'essaie de régler mon boitier pour entendre quelquechose, car on n'a pas le droit de s'arrêter, rien n'y fait je commence à chanter sans aucun repère...et j'arrive finalement à me recaler au feeling. Pourquoi suis je le seul à avoir eu une coupure son? Je ne le saurais jamais!!! Même ,si une réclamation a été faite par la délégation Française!

Last edited:
Top Bottom