29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

PolarFoxxie.

I actually was quite surprised at the results. At the end he did what was expected to from to win televote and finish second. I didn't even think he would get so many points...

At least he got one award. Barbara Dex award... Previous "winners" include Nina kraljic, Tix etc..

PolarFoxxie.

And right after Eurovision he released tour dates. Only finish cities. He does not plan to have international career? Maybe because of his English.

PolarFoxxie.

Second highest televoting score ever! Higher combined score than the indisputed Lordi! Käärijä is the GOAT!
Different voting system in 2006 and in 2023. If you didn't know and since this is your first Eurovision...

Sammy

Veteran
I actually was quite surprised at the results. At the end he did what was expected to from to win televote and finish second. I didn't even think he would get so many points...

At least he got one award. Barbara Dex award... Previous "winners" include Nina kraljic, Tix etc..
How did he manage to do so since the award does no longer exist since 2022 (last winner was in 2021)?

PolarFoxxie.

They changed the name so it doesn't look that much negative having negative connotations, but for me it is and will always be a Barbara Dex award. They can put glitzer and sugar coat it as much as they want that is Barbara Dex award and will always be Barbara Dex award.

Sammy

Veteran
Nobody cares about this „award“ any longer. It‘s not funny, it’s not entertaining, it has nothing of the original benevolent camp humour since they converted it into a woke prize. It‘s the definition of irrelevance - sadly.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I am surprised to see that someone could be so full of hatred and negative thoughts over a song that they constantly come to the thread to bash the song with subjective manipulations ("in my opinion it is still the worst outfit award lolz") for months and go so low that they enjoy having a person's disappointment/frustration of a moment to make an avatar and actually feel good about themselves.

PolarFoxxie.

@Judas voted for kaarja in Eurovision and also gave him here 12 points. Ohhh wait he didn't, turkey doesn't compete in Eurovision for over a decade.

How do you feel about that?
I feel super good since my favourite won but I had so many other songs worthy of winning. None of them is chacha

cegs5

And right after Eurovision he released tour dates. Only finish cities. He does not plan to have international career? Maybe because of his English.
All his gig dates were booked already before Eurovision. He was not an unemployed artist waiting for contracts in the spring and summer.
Also, he is self-aware that Eurovision has given him 15 minutes of fame and having another hit will be very unlikely, although "we never know". He doesn't plan to change his career and music to make it more appealing to international public after the Eurovision bubble.
He is very concious about the limitations of singing only in Finnish, but he has decided to carry on with that, otherwise it would be a betrayal of himself.
All this makes him a very down to earth person who knows Eurovision was a huge international platform that showed his music, that otherwise would have remained unknown as it is not exactly what the industry promote.

jatojo

I was pleasantly surprised to see Kuuma nominated for the Second Chance Contest. The song is in my top 5 of 2023, while it was only 5th in the final in Finland. Seems like the people picking the nominees have good taste. ;)

The same goes for Vicco in Spain and Eyjaa in Denmark. They were not close to winning, and yet they were chosen for the Second Chance. They were my favourite entries from those two countries.

In fact, it was a miserable year from my perspective in terms of which songs won the national finals. That Loreen won it all, was well deserved though.

Realest

simori95

Can we just stop trying to put down Loreen or Käärijä? PLEASE! I sure think they both moved on and any references to each other are meant in good sport, even though it might not feel that way to the respective other fangroup. I am so tired of the animosity, I just want us to remember the songs we liked from this year and to move on to this year’s artists‘ new songs, and to discover new artists for the upcoming year of Eurovision 2024. It is really no use arguing for any group. Please, really, let’s be excited for what’s to come. None of the artists are responsible for the results or their fans‘ behavior.

Franzilein

Totally missed that my boy Nik Nocturnal reacted to this year's ESC as well. Kinda makes me happy that Käärijä got acknowledged across the pond :)

Ezio

Veteran
Cha Cha Cha Flop Fans? Lol. Second highest televoting score ever. Higher than Fairytale, Euphoria…. Tattoo is as beige as Running Scared and Believe and the most forgettable winner of the millennium.

Finlands Leads Sweden 2 to 1 in securing televote wins.

Realest

Yes, his Records are impressive, but that doesnt change the fact, that his toxic followers are Flopfans and dont throw a good light at Eurofans in general.

And No, Eric Saade is the real Televote Winner of 2011, so it stands 2:2 between :se: and :fi:.
Not to forget that :se: got lots of Top10 Televote Results unlike :fi:

Ezio

Veteran
Poor Popular Flop Fans thinking San Marino's jury vote was tallied up for the televotes also.

Top Bottom