4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveHate

I just went through Finnish nf songs and gosh how lit could it potentially get? Several songs could go to Eurovision and all of them would do a good score. People hyping Melfest like hell with all these generic songs and UMK getting almost nothing in the fandom is just so cruel.
They did a re-tool after the horrible Saara Aalto and Darude years. 2020 was not that great overall, but as someone who has watched both UMK and Mello for 10+ years I think the UMK finals 2021-2023 have been of higher quality overall. Not always producing a better winner than Mello (I’m looking at you The Rasmus), but even the worst song has been a worthy participant (Laura, Tommi Läntinen and Robin Packalén). I would like a semi 1 and 2 though, but that’s a much bigger production than really focusing on the seven chosen songs.

vavera4ka

I just went through Finnish nf songs and gosh how lit could it potentially get? Several songs could go to Eurovision and all of them would do a good score. People hyping Melfest like hell with all these generic songs and UMK getting almost nothing in the fandom is just so cruel.
UMK was really good. I guess to compare apples to apples we would have to put it against Melfest finale.
But while watching UMK that's exactly what i thought too. You take at least half of the entries and they would do well enough: easy qualifiers and a strong possibility for left side, if not top 10.
very good showing from Finland this year.

ag89

I hope Finland manages to communicate the message of the song properly (PR: wake up) because this song has a serious potential to do...I don't wanna say win, but I think it has that potential.

Also, it is fantastic how they managed to combine latin american dance couples with this heavy sounds, it looked great to me.

midnightsun

Veteran
Dear Finnish people, on behalf of the Finnish jury in the German NF. I am gratefully taking back my zero points for Cha Cha Cha and changing it into 5.
This is the least I can do for the brave men who resisted and gave our Lord of the Lost 12 points in the jury voting when nobody else dared to. I bow my hat. Cha cha cha!

Simon

Wow! I’m giving lots of votes to Finland! :12:

My favourite so far and possibly for a few years! It’s original, got heaps of energy and is kind of like a rock/leather techno-cabaret with enough high camp thrown in for good measure. Great performance too by the dancers, and I may have a crush on that lead singer!

Could be a guilty pleasure, I don’t know yet, but based on the votes above there’s more to it than that. Smashing job Finland! You rock!

:au:xclap:fi: :12:

Last edited:

Franzilein

Yeah, need up upgrade to 12 as well. I will still Hoida Mut all over the place given the chance, but Benjamin was just not up to the task live, leaving out all the high notes and all.

Cha Cha Cha is basically what we in Germany could have had last year and it makes me so extremely frustrated :lol:

But leaving all that disappointment about Benjamin and the German broadcaster behind, Käärijä is just delivering one hell of a fun ride. Plus points for singing in Finnish as well, just such a great and exotic-sounding language.

Ezio

Veteran
Let’s hope it goes over Loreen too, I guess I risk getting banned for saying that :p
i wonder how wiwibloggs will respond to their comment section. Positive Loreen comments get downvoted in a landslide. While everyone is on the Cha cha train

Ezio

Veteran
Dear Finnish people, on behalf of the Finnish jury in the German NF. I am gratefully taking back my zero points for Cha Cha Cha and changing it into 5.
This is the least I can do for the brave men who resisted and gave our Lord of the Lost 12 points in the jury voting when nobody else dared to. I bow my hat. Cha cha cha!
I secretly voted 12. Dont Tell anyone but Iker

0scar

I'm obsessed and I want Turku 2024 happening now, Cha Cha Cha would be such a refreshing winner

LoveHate

I'm obsessed and I want Turku 2024 happening now, Cha Cha Cha would be such a refreshing winner
The only viable host city in Finland currently is Tampere. Bigger, newer arena, and almost 1000 more Hotel rooms than in Turku.

Top Bottom