3 1.0%

4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious how they're going to stage this at Eurovision. The UMK staging lacks the obvious narrative of the video, maybe it makes sense if you understand the lyrics, but to unfamiliar viewers it seems empty and nonsensical. Are they gonna make the staging a boxing/wrestling setting somehow, or depict it in a more symbolic way?

What I saw from rehersals is that UMK has very modest possibilities of producing modern staging. No LED wall, stage floor without LED, basic light show etc.

They will obviously have to develop another staging concept for Liverpool.

I'm also not a fan of current staging. I think the fact that he's an original performer who grabs attention must not be confused with a fact that the staging we saw yesterday was tacky, messy, and didn't add up much to the song, its message and his performing capabilities.

LakZaNokte

I don’t know…

It reminds of 90’s dance. Not sure if I like that. Or it’s just the song I’m not sure about.

Also, he is very woody.

Dancers are good tho.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I would prefer a boxing ring and two dancers battling with boxing gloves. The wooden pallets shouldn't be there.

He needed them to move and dance.

That's why this boxing ring idea doesn't work on stage. The ring has soft fence. So he has to add parket palet to safely climb it or dance around it.

No.

That worked for the video, it can't work on big stage.

Let's not make a Fullen out of this please.

Ezio

Veteran

martin

What to say

12 points and well done Finland. Only hope this will not come right after Norway. Because this will STAND OUT

Congratz Finland

simori95

Destiny more sympathetic?

Loreen is extremely humble and likeable. Destiny had multiple tantrums bc people said her outfit was ugly.
Now as far as I know, Loreen also has the Reputation of being a bit difficult, though I habe absolutely no idea if it’s unfounded or not. In the end whom one finds sympathetic or not is subjective.

And while there is certainly objectivity involved to a certain degree in the question of who is the better vocalist (which was also raised when the Destiny comparison came up), there is also some subjectivity to it. Sure, Destiny has a bigger range and she can play a lot with her voice etc., while Loreen’s voice (at least sounds to me as though it) resonates more, as in the notes she sings appear fuller, so to speak? I am not an expert and I don’t have the words to describe exactly how I mean it. And yes, maybe I am not right from an academic perspective. Anyway, so from the part of judging the quality of their vocal which can objectively be measured, I guess Overall Destiny should win over Loreen because she ticks more boxes, but in the end it also comes down to which criteria are the most valued by the individual who is appraising them. To me, Loreen is the better one because I don’t care how high you can sing etc., I value what I tried to explain about Loreens singing much more. And yes that’s subjective, but it isn’t completely unfounded either. Singing is an art and in art, objectivity doesn’t always rule the world.

Everyone can have their own opinion and preference, and we shouldn’t put down either Singer just cause they’re not to our preference. In objectivity terms, one might be better than the other but both singers discussed here, both arguably aren’t bad. And then one‘s own preference can shape whom we give the edge to.

Deleted member 12761

The potential Top 5 this year is really strong and I think the televote is going to be much closer than usual. Looking at his performance and song I do get winner vibes and I could live with it. It would be Finlands second victory and we haven't been in Finland in a long time. But I'm not gonna lie... deep down I want Loreen to win and I think the final result will be very close. Loreen's song is very underrated right now but that middle 8 and the second half of the song is a moment. I think Loreen can win the jury vote but Finland has the potential to be in their Top 3, too. I wouldn't rule that out. Loreen could do well with the televote, too. And then there is Norway which also has its fans. I also think that Italy is going to do much better than some think right now. I'm in a conflict. I want both Sweden and Finland to win. They're both my favorites right now.

A lot of people say that this year is a weak year and I while I do agree that it's not the best I have to say that I like my personal Top 10 this year much more than 2022.

FilipFromSweden

I haven't rated this song yet! :12: love it

Top Bottom