4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MS.

Is Benjamin's hoida mut the new Kuuma Jaba ?
I see too many similarities.
But I liked Isaac Sene last year and I guess I like this style of sensual songs in Finnish :ROFLMAO:

And I have to say that I'm still listening to Keira's song on repeat. xcheer

heke1988

My only wish, that each one of UMK finalists stage and live performance is, what fines with the songs. Because last UMK's problems has been bad stage and live performance, such as Teflon Brothers feat Pandora and BESS. Also YLE should improve UMK's sounding system.

Franzilein

Premiere video 22:55

Omfg, 80's vibes in Finnish. Didn't know I needed this in my life so much. Insanely catchy... would totally have my vote at the ESC :love:

Edit: Yeah, wtf, I have this on constant repeat... brb breaking into my local garden center and vibing out. Hoida mut!

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: aef

aef

Omfg, 80's vibes in Finnish. Didn't know I needed this in my life so much. Insanely catchy... would totally have my vote at the ESC :love:

Edit: Yeah, wtf, I have this on constant repeat... brb breaking into my local garden center and vibing out. Hoida mut!

:dk: 2021 has already been quite enjoyable but :fi: 2023 is such a nice bop! It's somehow interesting how both entries go for that 80s vibe and the sensual theme concerning the lyrics but they translate it into totally different music. :dk: 2021 felt more schlagerish, :fi: 2023 feels more current. Anyway, let's wait and see what else UMK has to offer and which result Benjamin can archieve! :)

Franzilein

:dk: 2021 has already been quite enjoyable but :fi: 2023 is such a nice bop! It's somehow interesting how both entries go for that 80s vibe and the sensual theme concerning the lyrics but they translate it into totally different music. :dk: 2021 felt more schlagerish, :fi: 2023 feels more current. Anyway, let's wait and see what else UMK has to offer and which result Benjamin can archieve! :)

Ain't music fascinating :lol: Haha, Fyr og Flamme was my guilty pleasure in 2021, it was so old-fashioned that it was charming again. And well, Hoida Mut has me hooked. Absolute favourite in all selections so far, can't see it topped in the near future. Hope Benjamin delivers live!

heke1988

Today's Finland Top50 Spotify list Keira's song is tenth Palace with over 33k listerners.

Keira's Song is close to 150k watching times score and Benjamin's Song has reached 100k watching times score. This is amazing.

Last edited:

heke1988

Keira's Song has now reached over 160k YouTube views and she is still trending number one in Finland. Benjamin has over 114k youtube views and he is trending number two in Finland.

heke1988

Keira's Song has now over 175k YouTube views and she is still trending number one in Finland. Benjamin has now over 131 YouTube views and he is trending number three on Finland.

At midnight Robin's Song "Girls Like You" will be released. He is the biggest favourite to win UMK 2023, so I am a little bit excited. Also I am nervous, because he hasn't made any good English language song on his career.

heke1988

Keira's song has now over 182k Youtube views and she is now trending number two in Finland. Benjamin has now over 138k youtube views and he is still trending number three in Finland.

heke1988

I would like to see Keira's live performance: Same turquiose outfit, which she wears in the music video. Sexy dancing and two background dancers (male and female dancers). Perhaps also a chair, where she sits beginning of performance. Keira is an excellent singer, so her success won't fall that. Only thing I fear is, because she is so young and unexperience singer and performer, she stresses her performance. Hopefully I am wrong about that and she owns the stage.

Mainshow

Veteran
Robin´s song is alright but it sounds like a Maroon 5 album track.
It´s really contemporary and could turn into a radio hit but apart from that, I think it´s not that competitive when it comes to Eurovision.

Personally, I think it´s the weakest song of the 3 entries we´ve heard so far.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
I wasn't expecting anything good from Robin, so can't say I'm disappointed by his song. Maybe the first wrong choice by Tapio Hakanen since he took UMK to the marvellous direction we all see nowadays. Still #TeamBenjamin till Tuesday!

PS: still, huge kudos for the excellent prod!

mauve

Veteran
Robin's song is quite a disappointment, probably the weakest of all three songs so far. And to my surprise - while many other people scream bops! - to me all three songs are weak. None of them gives me the fire that I want. Well, some more songs to come and hopefully at least one that I can like.

Mainshow

Veteran
Robin's song is quite a disappointment, probably the weakest of all three songs so far. And to my surprise - while many other pepple scream bops! - to me all three songs are weak. None of them gives me the fire that I want. Well, some more songs to come and hopefully at least one that I can like.
I also think that UMK hasn´t even come close to last year´s line-up in terms of potential.

However, I´d rank all three songs released above "average" so far/worth :6: or more? - but dunno, they all lack some oomph and wow factor to lift their songs to another level.

simori95

I thought the 80‘s vibes music was over by now, what‘s happening this NF season? :confused:

Mainshow

Veteran
Robin is the the big favorite according to the odds.
With that contemporary (but also utterly generic and bland) pop song? - That would be quite disappointing.

The betting odds are based on names alone, though - so who knows... maybe they will change after all entries got released.

Top Bottom