4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyFalcon

Just cancel UMK and send Keira. This song is astonishingly catchy. I've never witnessed such a bop in my 11 years following this contest. This girl could literally win the televote in May with this song and with a decent staging.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I like Benjamins song also, pretty good tune. Although I think Keira is superior of the 2. UMK really hit the ground running with these first 2.

jatojo

The Finns are doing it again! They'll probably have one of the best selections in 2023, as they had the two previous years.

Mainshow

Veteran
Another decent and competitive entry! - I still haven´t heard a :10: or :12: yet but :fi: is already close!

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
UMK is once again absolutely amazing. On first listen, I wasn't that interesting into neither Keira nor Benjamin but well, second listen, bops all along the way. I'd love Finland to try sending something Benjamin is sending: it's not his best song ("GAY" was REALLY awesome and less than three minutes) but it's addictive. (once again) good job DJ Orkidea!

heke1988

I am surprised by Benjamin's song: It wasn't that bad, that I would have expected. However I am worried about Benjami's live singing and song is too repetitive, but I think, it is, because this way it stays in people's mind. This is same level as Keira's song was for me at first listening: 3/5

1. Keira 5/5
2. Benjamin 3/5

lasse braun

Your taste is a very demanding:D.
yes,i have lived my twentimes in the 80s - I was really spoiled with good popmusic there.
so,my door is very tough.
xqueenbitch

p.s. but the 80s discocowboy from lithuania has crossed my door - the big question will be,can he sing with this lovely jimmy sommerville voice also live in exact this way?

heke1988

This doesn't involvement UMK 2023, but one of our most favourite female singer Rita Behm released new song called "Sata vuotta" today. I have been dreaming to see her some year for our ESC represantive.

Last edited:

heke1988

Keira's Song has now over 100k listerners and is still trending number one in Finland.

Last edited:

heke1988

I raise Benjamin's song to 3,5. However it doesn't addict me like Keira's song:D.

heke1988

1. Keira :12:
2. Benjamin :8:

mauve

Veteran
yes,i have lived my twentimes in the 80s - I was really spoiled with good popmusic there.
Okay, so we are close to age! ;) It is okay for me with the 89's revival, but I want it to be done right. Something lacks in Benjamin's song (maybe it is too repetitive). It is not bad, but it simply doesn't catch and reach me. So far actually I liked the last UMK's more, but hopefully there will be a song that give me positive chills.

heke1988

Okay, so we are close to age! ;) It is okay for me with the 89's revival, but I want it to be done right. Something lacks in Benjamin's song (maybe it is too repetitive). It is not bad, but it simply doesn't catch and reach me. So far actually I liked the last UMK's more, but hopefully there will be a song that give me positive chills.
For me it is opposite: These songs beats Olivera, Younghearted, Tommi Läntinen and Isaac Sene's songs. Perhaps also Cyan Kicks and The Rasmus'. Bess was only song last year, which studio version was excellent. Unfortunately her live performance in UMK wasn't good.

heke1988

Keira's song has over 103k watches on youtube and is trending number one in Finland. Benjamin's song has over 32k watches on youtube and is trending number three in Finland.

mauve

Veteran
For me it is opposite: These songs beats Olivera, Younghearted, Tommi Läntinen and Isaac Sene's songs. Perhaps also Cyan Kicks and The Rasmus'. Bess was only song last year, which studio version was excellent. Unfortunately her live performance in UMK wasn't good.
I had 4 tops last year with The Rasmus, Cyan Kicks, Younghearted and Bess. :) But so far the two songsdon't catch me much. But I have hope that one or two of the rest might be for me!

heke1988

I had 4 tops last year with The Rasmus, Cyan Kicks, Younghearted and Bess. :) But so far the two songsdon't catch me much. But I have hope that one or two of the rest might be for me!
Yeah, everyone of us has different opinions and tastes. I didn't expect to like Keira's song so much, but it got me so hypnotized. I love eastern vibes and that flute:).

Luneaux

Hey! :oops: I´m surprised Benjamin surprised me positively! I was hesitant and didn´t have any big expectations of him and his song... This isn´t that bad I thought it would be but it goes to the same category with Keira, mediocre pop sounds from the beginning to the end... But hey, it´s Finnish radiofriendly! And like here it´s said Benjamin may not sound good live, that I´m thinking too, but this may grow on me later... This song´s chorus and melody are catchier and memorable than No Business on the Dancefloor for me, so 3/5! :giggle:

A good start for UMK! Can´t wait to hear all of the songs! :love: It seems that we will get pop songs next week too! :giggle: Not that I mind, I listen to pop mostly... Just a bit disappointed, less diverse selection of genres on this season compared to last years but hopefully only good and quality is coming! :D

Ajeje Brazorf

Umk 2022 was the best NF in the last 6-7 years... Difficult to beat... Even Tommi Läntinen song was totally adorable.

Ps: I rooted so hard to see The Rasmus in Eurovision, but Sun Numero by Younghearted was the actual masterpiece, the biggest grower of last year's NF's

Last edited:
Top Bottom