4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

UMK finalist will be revealed tomorrow at UMK Instagram channel 7:00 CET and YLE TV1 8:30 CET.

heke1988

The names were just revealed on a special unknown channel to most in the Åland Islands.

UMK 2023 line-up

Benjamin Peltonen
Käärijä
Keira Lundström
KUUMAA
Lxandra
Portion Boys
Robin Packalen
Yet again YLE can't keep the UMK finalist in secret. (I was spoiled in Viisukuppila).

heke1988

This. Is. Huge.

Hope there's a good song in this amazing lineup!
Käärijä and Keira Lundström are unknown names for me. I don't listen any of these artists or band active. But interesting to see, what these names can do and which kind of song they are competing. Unfortanately for me there is no any rock or metal bands in this year's UMK.

njdevils94

Veteran
Käärijä and Keira Lundström are unknown names for me. I don't listen any of these artists or band active. But interesting to see, what these names can do and which kind of song they are competing. Unfortanately for me there is no any rock or metal bands in this year's UMK.
Yeah looks like no rock this time around. YLE did not want to take on the immovable object that is rock music for a third straight year.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
These were the two names I also was wondering about: Käärijä is on rap while Keira Lundström comes from the Voice. No rock for this year, it seems, or may Kuumaa (or Portion Boys :D) surprise us.

heke1988

I listened Käärijä and Keira Lundström. Although I don't like their music genres, I like them. Keira Lundström has really good voice.

tsegaye

I'm really excited for Finland this year. Feels like they're on to something, if not this year then some time in the coming 5 years. Feels like Robin Packalen has been on YLE's wishlist for years, and if he can deliver a song like Drop Dead or better a top 10 would be sealed. But can't wait to hear all of the songs of course!

heke1988

UMK 23 finalists has been now officially revealed and they were same as leaked:

Torstai (Thursday) 12.1. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor
Perjantai (Friday) 13.1. Benjamin - Hoida mut
Maanantai (Monday) 16.1. Robin Packalen - Girls Like You
Tiistai (Tuesday) 17.1. Lxandra - Something To Lose
Keskiviikko (Wednesday) 18.1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha
Torstai (Thursday) 19.1. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen
Perjantai (Friday) 20.1. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan

Interesting, that Robin Packalen is going in English instead of in Finnish, because I think his songs are better in Finnish rathet than in English. But let's see, which kind of songs "Girls Like You" is. I am especially looking for Keira, Käärijä and Portion Boys.

Kruto

No rock or metull, meh. Then I hope Estonia, Latvia or even Spain will fill that void for me then. ;)
Still curious about the songs though.

heke1988

At this point I am team Keira: She has lovely voice. Of course her song and live-performance are important roles, will I vote for her.:)

Top Bottom