4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

Looking at the YouTube viewing numbers I’m getting more and more confident about him winning this (if he manages to perform decently live)!
I am going to vote for him even if his staging/live singing sucks. Also I am going to vote for Keira (6 times Käärijä and 4 times Keira).

simori95

Mmmh. I liked all songs so far, even though most are a bit too tame for Eurovision. However, Kuuma, Benjamin and Robin, while their songs aren‘t exactly the same, are all similar enough to make them uninteresting for me (in terms of placing them in my top).

1- Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha;
such a grower for me, wasn’t a fan of the transition Initially but I like it a lot now, and the knowledge that there won’t be this autotune effect on the actual stage pacifies me to give this 9,5/10

2- Keira - No Business on the Dancefloor;
It lacks the Oomph that I would like it to have as the song progresses, but I love the style and the production, so that I can‘t help but vibe with it a lot. 8,5/10

3- Lxandra - Something to lose;
it’s everything I might want from an intimate ballad. However the initial impact kind of dissipated for now, though I am sure seeing it live (if staged well) will reignite it. 8/10

4- Benjamin - Hoida Mut;
Would probably be higher on the list if it weren‘t for the similarities with two other songs in the NF, becomes a bit replaceable in my mind. 7,5/10

5- Kuuma - Ylivoimainen;
a bit more uneventful than Hoida Mut, but also probably would have been a bit higher if there weren‘t other Songs like it in the NF. 7/10

6- Robin Packalen - Girls Like You;
A bit too slick production, a bit too soulless, and a bit too anticlimactic, although it’s still very enjoyable. 6,5/10

Last edited:

heke1988

For this night, the last song:

The title of song reminds me on Katri Helena's Eurovision Song "Katso sineen taivaan".

Luneaux

The title of song reminds me on Katri Helena's Eurovision Song "Katso sineen taivaan".
Now that you said it, it does a bit! Portion Boys have said about their song that it's about bringing unity to uncertain times. A bit like a peace song with their own twist, I guess? At least it sounds like that to me. I don't know what to think or expect still though...

EDIT: I read this now:

"“Samaa taivasta katsotaan” celebrates Europe’s diversity in its own playful way and it represents the value of tolerance that Eurovision promotes, something we all need more of in this day and age. The song is an unforgettable earworm, positively brimming with laser drums, energy and musical hooks. The band’s incredible live energy really comes out in the song – underneath its hard-charging beat is a beautiful composition. This could be one of Finland’s most-streamed songs in 2023."

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

Käärjiä should win, peiod. Even if the competition is strong, his song is one the most catchiest and memorable things I heard in a while in any NF. Hoping the live performance will be great...

heke1988

Today's total Youtube views:

1. Keira - No Business On The Dance Floor (Over 291k Youtube views: Trending number tenth)
2. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (Over 277 Youtube views: Trending number one)
3. Benjamin - Hoida Mut (Over 249k Youtube views: Trending number eighteenth)
4. Robin - Girls Like You (Over 174k Youtube views: Not trending)
5. Lxandra - Something To Lose (Over 111k Youtube views: Not trending)
6. Kuuma - Ylivoimainen (Over 37k Youtube views: Not trending)
Updating total youtube views:

1.Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (Over 313k views): Trending number one
1. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (Over 299k views): trending number ten
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut (Over 256k views): Trending number eighteen
4. Robin - Girls Like You (Over 179k views): Not trending
5. Lxandra - Something To Lose (Over 115k views): Not trending
6. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen (Over 70k views): Not trending

Käärijä's lead is growing so quickly. Also Keira is near to get over 300k views, which is really good number for her first song.

Looren

Veteran
KUUMA is quite good tbh, this NF is really quality

Käärijä's lead is growing so quickly.

I noticed he was very popular when my reaction video to his song reached 1.5k views in one day, which is something that never happens to my vids

A-lister

Veteran
Go Käärijä xcheer

I really hope the tween girls won't decide the outcome and Robin will win :(

simori95

Go Käärijä xcheer

I love how the „problem demographic“ is the Young fangirls in Finland, meanwhile in Germany everyone complains about elderly ARD viewers 👨🏼‍🦳

A-lister

Veteran
I love how the „problem demographic“ is the Young fangirls in Finland, meanwhile in Germany everyone complains about elderly ARD viewers 👨🏼‍🦳

I guess each market has its own "problem demographic" :lol:

In Sweden it's a combo of young fangirls and women around 45-70 :lol:

heke1988

Go Käärijä xcheer

I will do, what I can do, that Robin won't be selected to our represantive to Liverpool! I am very sure, there are a lot of us, who don't want to vote Robin.

aef

I must say that Ylivoimainen grew a lot on me today. I especially love the oooh part and its melody. So now I'm officially in love with 4 out of 6 songs (Benjamin is okay too, the only one I don't like is Lxandra's song). Oh what an awesome NF this is. I've got so much love for UMK this year. What a pitty it is that we can't have all songs at Eurovision.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Right having heard all the songs

Cha cha cha >>> Ylivoimainen > Hoida mut > No Business on the Dancefloor > Girls Like You >>> Something to Lose > Samaa taivasta katsotaan

simori95

Yeah, that was Kind of a non-event. Not cause it’s bad, but because it was once again 80s and there were better ones like it already in the competition. Unfortunately, my last place.

MS.

I loved this new song by portion boys honestly. It is like it's Netflix eurovision movie in one song :ROFLMAO:
I love Cha Cha Cha by Kaarija obvioulsy too.
I love keira and Benjamin too.
But all of them are amazing even Lxandra Robin and Kuuma are good in my opinion and would have won in most other countries.
This level is Fuego.
My ranking until now would be:
1- Kaarija
2- Keira/ Benjamin
4- Portion Boys
5- Kuuma
6-Lxandra
7-Robin
But even Robin is not that bad for me. His song has the weeknd- maroon 5 vibes but it just lacks originality when compared to the others.

Last edited:
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
LongJoyfulCoati-max-1mb.gif

Cha Cha Cha performed by Käärijä
Hoida mut performed by Benjamin
Ylivoimainen performed by Kuuma

Samaa taivasta katsotaan performed by Portion Boys

Something To Lose performed by Lxandra
No Business On The Dancefloor performed by Keira
Girls Like You performed by Robin Packalen

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Allrighty then, my final ranking for UMK2023 :

1 - Cha Cha Cha
2 - Hoida mut
3 - Ylivoimainen
4 - Samaa taivasta katsotaan
5 - No Business on the Dancefloor
6 - Girls Like You
7 - Something to lose

I'll be really happy with Cha Cha Cha or Hoida Mut, both are bangers, but Cha Cha Cha, for me, is on another level. Samaa taivasta katsotaan is quite cute actually but a bit too cliché and tryhard for my taste. Still a great song tho

Top Bottom