You lick your lips as you walk away
Your final kiss is to leave a scar
On a heart
Jezebel

At night you turn into a tiger
A girl who looks like she's a boy
The world's most ultimate survivor

Jеzebel (Jezеbel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Sunrise, you crawl under the covers
Sleep tight until the dying sun
Tonight you'll catch another lover
Jezebel

Jezebel (Jezebel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel

Chorizo

One of the better songs this year, from what I've listened to so far. This song I can actually remember after having listened to it, while many other songs are generic, bland and utterly forgettable.
I like the lighting that is used in the staging, but I think the comic figure looks ugly and the singer looks like he's having a bad-hair day.
10 points from me.

Chorizo

We‘re not talking about some random newcomer who was put there by a record company and will be forgotton tomorrow. We are talking about someone who successfully stood his ground in the pop buisness for decades. Saying he can‘t sing is like saying a book has no pages. Come on! :lol::lol:
Madonna can't sing and look at her career.

ZoboCamel

Finally, something for me to get excited about in May! I loved most of this year's UMK songs, but Jezebel is perhaps my #1 of the NF season, so I'm glad to have something to improve this year's quality a little.

As for the live performance, it was... not brilliant. Vocals were fine in the choruses, but the verses felt quite weak, and the animated backdrop just doesn't work for me at all. Hopefully they'll improve on staging and vocals at least somewhat over the coming months.

Usually my scores in the forum poll are some mixture of studio versions and live versions... but dammit, I haven't given a 12 yet all season and I don't want to keep that up just because of an underwhelming live. So Finland, take my first 12 of the season off the back of a good studio version and the hope of a revamped live performance xpray

hijirio

Veteran
Well, this is sooo not my style and his vocals are far from perfect.
But I can say he's a star and he knows how to sell such a mediocre rock song. I can totally see many ordinary people watching the show say "Wow, this is the Rasmus? They're on ESC????" and attentively watching the performance.
I can see them doing very well in May, but again it makes me think they will probably miss on the opportunity to have a runaway victory with a stronger entry.
:6: from me

hijirio

Veteran
Also, this will be a controversial opinion from me but y'all are used to it anyway xheat
I am really annoyed when famous singers go to ESC not when their career is at peak but when they're in need of reviving their career.
Imagine how cool it would have been if they represented Finland in early 2010s.

Schlagerman1

Finally, something for me to get excited about in May! I loved most of this year's UMK songs, but Jezebel is perhaps my #1 of the NF season, so I'm glad to have something to improve this year's quality a little.

As for the live performance, it was... not brilliant. Vocals were fine in the choruses, but the verses felt quite weak, and the animated backdrop just doesn't work for me at all. Hopefully they'll improve on staging and vocals at least somewhat over the coming months.

Usually my scores in the forum poll are some mixture of studio versions and live versions... but dammit, I haven't given a 12 yet all season and I don't want to keep that up just because of an underwhelming live. So Finland, take my first 12 of the season off the back of a good studio version and the hope of a revamped live performance xpray
As I written earlier, UMK often has really messy live performances. The camerawork is often really static, the stage old-fashioned and the sound pretty bad as well, at least comparing to many other north european countries. Blind Channel was a total mess last year and I was a bit worried for Finland after seeing that. Darude was also ridiculously bad in UMK and Saara Aalto wasn't great in any of her three performances in her NF in 2018. So yeah, I am not too scared about it, The Rasmus will improve, maybe Lauri will not sound as nervous as he did in the first verse, I suppose this was sort of a fresh start for him, with the band being almost forgotten by now, so nerves is pretty understandable. I personally like the animated backdrop, it is something to build on and make cooler in Turin.

Mainshow

Veteran
Also, this will be a controversial opinion from me but y'all are used to it anyway xheat
I am really annoyed when famous singers go to ESC not when their career is at peak but when they're in need of reviving their career.
Imagine how cool it would have been if they represented Finland in early 2010s.
It would have been way worse because The Rasmus´s music really sucked during the early 2010´s.
Also, they haven´t had any chart entries since 2009 (when it comes to their singles)

Their recent stuff is so much better. Also, competing in Eurovision now makes so much sense now since they got a new guitarist and she´s really on fire!

crashworld

Veteran
LOL! I realize I haven't voted for the winning entry. This shows how uninterested I am in with this year's UMK. Giving this a :4:. Not my kind of music. Feel that fans are creaming over this song just because it's by The Ramus. Even if it's from Bulgaria's band, it will be universally slated.

Phoenix

I keep waiting for the song to just switch into Girl Overboard from Girls Aloud during the chorus since it's literally the same. Otherwise this song is fine, very middle of the road for me and far behind their entry from last year which was all sorts of brilliant. :6:

Huge rock fan here, almost killed any commentator here who held anything against Måneskin last year 🤣, but this is not for me.

It is just like Blind Channel last year, the teen rock I had not been listening even when I was a teen.

If San Marino served 70's punk rock, and Bulgaria cheap 80's pop rock, then this is the 00's teen rock from MTV charts that is more annoying than Nickleback and Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park combined. 🤣

Blast to the past we gladly forgot once the RHCP had decided to come back with Californication and By The Way and once we had been introduced to Arctic Monkeys & Co.

Yazy

While I have grown past this type of music, this is still a type of a throwback that I can definitely get behind.
I prefer this over Blind Channel as its not too much "in your face".

The live performance gave me old school MTV vibes with the visuals. That´s a plus.

Lyrics are cringe but I can always look past them in this type of song.

His live voice is a main problem though. Hopefully it will be better in May.

I´m giving this :6:.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

This quite bland and forgettable, name-recognition won't help much here (and frankly it rarely did in ESC due to the fact that most "bigger names" didn't have any actual hits for some decade when entering ESC, and The Rasmus isn't an exception from that). It is just bland, I can't remember it at all. It might collect enough votes from rock fans and from the fact that the contest is filled with so many meh ballads this year to qualify and do "decent", but Finland should be so happy that they are in the weaker semi.

Top Bottom