• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Put your middle fingers up
Take a shot, throw it up and don't stop
I'm, I'm, I'm living that life on the dark side

Every psycho in the scene
Hands up and follow me saying (hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo)
Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry, so I gotta get paralyzed
My body is my weapon, so I keep it loaded
'Til I'm all over the place like my head exploded
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Likе the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
I'm, I'm, I'm living that lifе on the dark side
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

I'm in a cave of man-made misery
Digging a grave for myself and my enemies
Of all the dark things that keep me wasted
You're the sweetest I've ever tasted

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry so I gotta get paralyzed
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me​

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

A contest like the one that you would love, would just bring the entire concept of Eurovision to an end so fast that not even coronavirus would be able to finish it off the same way.

Chill out a little bit. No one hasn't wished ESC to an end. We are only saying, ESC needs more different kind of music genres.

Myself enjoy some of ballads, pop and rap songs, but I am metal/rock music genre fan. And now, because there is finally metal band in our national contest for a long time, I'm going to vote for BC.

You can enjoy different kind of music genre, but I prefer rock/metal band. Not because "I wanna be a cool", but I actually like that music genre.

If someone else wins our national selection, I will accept it and I am going to root for it. But I have a good feeling, BC will do best in televotes than any other contestant.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
lol, i think UMK is garbage (scathing reviews coming in - i look forward to destroying laura's song in one swift sentence), but if it wets your whistle, go for it and live the dream.

Mrm

Veteran
lol, i think UMK is garbage (scathing reviews coming in - i look forward to destroying laura's song in one swift sentence), but if it wets your whistle, go for it and live the dream.
Xl59tor.gif

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Lmao, of course Laura's song is getting bashed, it's the only normal song in here.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

She's so good-looking xheart

Recently I've tidied up her Wikipedia page (which was a bit messy in the part of the list of her songs), and I also scrobbled the singles from her last album (plus the standalone singles released in 2017/2018/2019) into my last.fm profile! :D

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
She's so good-looking xheart

Recently I've tidied up her Wikipedia page (which was a bit messy in the part of the list of her songs), and I also scrobbled the singles from her last album into my last.fm profile! :D
I really love her Eesti Laul 2009 entry "Destiny", and rooted for her that year!

15399210.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
Laura is lost and confused in Corona. What a Finnish! How did she end up in UMK, actually?

heke1988

Laura is lost and confused in Corona. What a Finnish! How did she end up in UMK, actually?

She is now working in Finland at human resources department and she has house of her own here, where she lives sometimes of the year. Last year she was one member of Estonian jury in UMK 2021 and she got to know production of UMK and that gave her idea to participate in UMK 2021.

Edit. Also Pandora is Swedish, but she lives in Finland with her fiancé. But she has a house in Sweden too, where she lives with her son.

mauve

Veteran
She is now working in Finland at human resources department and she has house of her own here, where she lives sometimes of the year. Last year she was one member of Estonian jury in UMK 2021 and she got to know production of UMK and that gave her idea to participate in UMK 2021.

Edit. Also Pandora is Swedish, but she lives in Finland with her fiancé. But she has a house in Sweden too, where she lives with her son.
I think Ezio meant it more rhetorically (because he doesn't like her song at all). ;)

heke1988

All of our participates have reached over 100k viewings in Youtube. In my memory just Erika Vikman and Aksel reached 100k viewings before UMK 2020, so it is kind a achievment on this year's participates!

Mrm

Veteran
All of our participates have reached over 100k viewings in Youtube. In my memory just Erika Vikman and Aksel reached 100k viewings before UMK 2020, so it is kind a achievment on this year's participates!
I think they didn't reveal songs day by day last year..

heke1988

I think they didn't reveal songs day by day last year..

Yes, they did:

24.1.2020 Tika - I Let My Heart Break
25.1-26.1.2020 was weekend, so there wasn't song reveal
27.1.2020 Erika Vikman - Cicciolina
28.1. 2020 Aksel Kankaanranta - Looking Back
29.1.2020 F3M - Bananas
30.1.2020 Sansa - Lover View
31.1.2020 Catharina Zühlke - Eternity

Edit. And many of these songs leaked out until originally date reveal.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
@heke1988

Oops, I got a wrong recording then..
Quality is 100000 X better this year than the last one.. :eek:
Well done!

@Morocco2021

You are such a big fan of ESC from Morocco! FANTASTIC! xbow xlove xheart

rasmuslights

Veteran

yes I also think that as well! So even that is an achievement for YLE imo. I mean all acts have quality in their own way.

Looren

Veteran
I think that this NF is not really hard to predict, I actually think that Aksel will win the jurys vote and score well in televote, Blind Channel will win the televote but will be blanked by the jurys, Oskr and Ilta will do well with the jurys but I don't see them getting much points from the televote, Teflon and Pandora will do well in televote but won't get much points from the jurys, Danny and Laura will fight for place of real winners

Overall I think that Aksel will win

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I think that this NF is not really hard to predict, I actually think that Aksel will win the jurys vote and score well in televote, Blind Channel will win the televote but will be blanked by the jurys, Oskr and Ilta will do well with the jurys but I don't see them getting much points from the televote, Teflon and Pandora will do well in televote but won't get much points from the jurys, Danny and Laura will fight for place of real winners

Overall I think that Aksel will win

Big caveat here. It's 75% televote so the juries impact is limited. That drasticall increases the odds for the potential telvote favorites Blind Channel and Pandora. But I agree with you that Aksel could surprise. He did fairly well in the vote last year though it was arguably a much weaker line-up, but there is a potential "sympathy" vote that could work in his favor in addition to the normal votes.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Big caveat here. It's 75% televote so the juries impact is limited. That drasticall increases the odds for the potential telvote favorites Blind Channel and Pandora. But I agree with you that Aksel could surprise. He did fairly well in the vote last year though it was arguably a much weaker line-up, but there is a potential "sympathy" vote that could work in his favor in addition to the normal votes.

I actually see Ilta winning (1st jury and 2nd or 3rd with televote, Pandora will probably be 2nd with public and 6th with jury and Blind channel will be close behind Ilta with so 1st televote and 4/5th with jury). But all depends on live performances.. it should be interesting to watch..

I can see all Blind Channel, Aksel, Oskr and Ilta winning actually. Laura; Danny and Pandora (jury will completely tank it) won't win..

Top Bottom