• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Put your middle fingers up
Take a shot, throw it up and don't stop
I'm, I'm, I'm living that life on the dark side

Every psycho in the scene
Hands up and follow me saying (hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo)
Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry, so I gotta get paralyzed
My body is my weapon, so I keep it loaded
'Til I'm all over the place like my head exploded
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Likе the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
I'm, I'm, I'm living that lifе on the dark side
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

I'm in a cave of man-made misery
Digging a grave for myself and my enemies
Of all the dark things that keep me wasted
You're the sweetest I've ever tasted

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry so I gotta get paralyzed
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Ilta's song somehow reminded me of Sweden 2014's "Undo". There are just certain elements in the song that share similarities.

heke1988

Another great national final.

I agree. And this is better than our last year's nationa final. When last year I had only one artist and song (Erik Vikman - Cicciolina), which I wanted to represent us in ESC. Now there are 3 (1. Blind Channel - Dark Side; 2. Teflon Brothers feat Pandora - I Love You; 3. Ilta - Kelle mä soitan).

Aksel's and Oskr's songs aren't bad, but in my opion they are missing that wau-effect. I don't like Laura's and Danny's songs; Laura's song doesn't fit for her and Danny is just singing/talking about his death and his.

heke1988

Another great national final.

I agree. And this is better than our last year's nationa final. When last year I had only one artist and song (Erik Vikman - Cicciolina), which I wanted to represent us in ESC, now there is 3 (1. Blind Channel - Dark Side; 2. Teflon Brothers feat Pandora - I Love You; 3. Ilta - Kelle mä soitan).

Aksel's and Oskr's songs aren't bad, but in my opion they are missing that wau-effect. I don't like Laura's and Danny's songs; Laura's song doesn't fit for her and Danny is just singing/talkign about his upcoming funeral and death.

heke1988

My predictions, which Jury votes and televotes will be in UMK 2021:

Jury:
1 Aksel/Oskr/Ilta (depends on their live and staging)
4. Blind Channel
5. Laura
6. Teflon Brothers feat Pandora
7. Danny

Televote:

1. Blind Channel/Teflon Brothers feat Pandora
3. Aksel/Oskr/Ilta
6. Danny
7. Laura

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
I am really keen on the NF and on each performance (and not only Blind Channel that is :LOL:). Especially how Ilta will present her staging and - even though I don't like the song very much - also Teflon Brothers feat Pandora. Well, almost a month to go.

crashworld

Veteran
I do agree. The quality is pretty good. I am impressed to be honest. After multiple listens, I find myself enjoying 6 out of 7 the songs.

mauve

Veteran
Just saw that the betting odds (I know it doesn't mean much) see Blind Channel (52% winning chance) as No. 1 for now. Followed by No. 2 Teflon Brothers (15 %), Aksel (11%), Ilta 10%), Oskr (6%), Danny (3%) and Laura (3%).

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

mauve

Veteran
@Mrm
my Emojis would have been: xcheerxheatxclap
I want BC so bad at ESC. We need such a wonderfui wake-up rock songs between all the ballads and pop stuff.

heke1988

I agree with @mauve. We need all kinds of music genres to ESC, not just pop and those ballads. Not all people like pop songs and ballads, so we need other music genres to fill that empty seat.

heke1988

Ok, My top 7 is this:

1. Blind Channel - Dark Side 5/5
2. Ilta - Kelle mä soitan 4+/5
3. Teflon Brothers feat Pandora - I Love You 4/5
4. Aksel Kankaanranta - Hurt 3.5/5
5. Oskr (Oskari Ruohonen) - Lie 3/5
6. Laura - Play 2/5
7. Danny - Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua 1/5

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
My predictions, which Jury votes and televotes will be in UMK 2021:

Jury:
1 Aksel/Oskr/Ilta (depends on their live and staging)
4. Blind Channel
5. Laura
6. Teflon Brothers feat Pandora
7. Danny

Televote:

1. Blind Channel/Teflon Brothers feat Pandora
3. Aksel/Oskr/Ilta
6. Danny
7. Laura

Completely agree, I think it's Blind Channel's thing to lose at this point. I could see a potential Teflon Brother televote win but the juries will definitely prevent an overall win. The only thing that I could see happen is a Aksel sympathy boost in the televote so he is still on my radar.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I agree with @mauve. We need all kinds of music genres to ESC, not just pop and those ballads. Not all people like pop songs and ballads, so we need other music genres to fill that empty seat.

What about those people who don't want to hear those other genres? Why should they be forced to listen to those songs belonging to those genres, just "because"? Which, most of the time, it's only about rock. I never hear eurofans complaining about lack of, let's say, jazz or soul. They just pretend to like a rock song only because it makes them look cool, not because those songs actually deserve to be in the contest.

mauve

Veteran
What about those people who don't want to hear those other genres? Why should they be forced to listen to those songs belonging to those genres, just "because"? Which, most of the time, it's only about rock. I never hear eurofans complaining about lack of, let's say, jazz or soul. They just pretend to like a rock song only because it makes them look cool, not because those songs actually deserve to be in the contest.

WHO said something about FORCING?! And if you believe that rock is just about being cool, then you are living on another planet for sure. :ROFLMAO: In rock music - just as in other genres - there are good AND bad songs. And btw, I also am listening to Jazz and even classic as well. Talking about diversity.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Don't know why I bother, but...

I want more rock/metal in Eurovision because I'm a big fan of metal, and I want to hear music I like in Eurovision. In a perfect world for me, there wouldn't be a single ballad in Eurovision, and not much pop either, but there would be a sh*tload of EDM and metal. Would make it a nightmare to figure out who to vote for tho, I can't vote for every single entry... Jazz and soul in general isn't for me, altho there are exceptions.

Jorn in MGP last week was good, but didn't hit me properly, but Blind Channel does. :)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Don't know why I bother, but...

I want more rock/metal in Eurovision because I'm a big fan of metal, and I want to hear music I like in Eurovision. In a perfect world for me, there wouldn't be a single ballad in Eurovision, and not much pop either, but there would be a sh*tload of EDM and metal. Would make it a nightmare to figure out who to vote for tho, I can't vote for every single entry... Jazz and soul in general isn't for me, altho there are exceptions.

Jorn in MGP last week was good, but didn't hit me properly, but Blind Channel does. :)

A contest like the one that you would love, would just bring the entire concept of Eurovision to an end so fast that not even coronavirus would be able to finish it off the same way.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
A contest like the one that you would love, would just bring the entire concept of Eurovision to an end so fast that not even coronavirus would be able to finish it off the same way.
Maybe, but it'd be epic while it lasted. ;)

But don't get me wrong, I'm all for different genres in Eurovision. The more, the better, there should be something for everyone there. But don't assume that people who say they like one genre do it because it makes them look cool, because there are people who genuinely like it. And even if it's hard for you to understand, rock and metal are very popular across the globe, so it's natural that people on a Eurovision forum will like it too.

heke1988

I am not forcing to anyone listen to any songs/genres, which they don't like. You can take a break, If you don't like a song based on rock/metal genre, its your decision.

I am just saying, there are lot of rock/metal genre fans around Europe and this is true. Eurovision often doesn't offer them anything, because there aren't much entries based on them. Do you agree this?

Top Bottom