4 1.5%

13 4.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
FINLAND.png

Finland.jpg

Re: FINLAND 2017

If only Saara could return with 'No Fear' and give it another shot, would've been in my Top 10 for sure and probably would've qualified to the final :(

LoveHate

So, in 2015 it was the people's fault we sent the wrong song. In 2016 it was the juries. Or could it be that the songs selected for UMK are simply shit?

Joni

So, in 2015 it was the people's fault we sent the wrong song. In 2016 it was the juries. Or could it be that the songs selected for UMK are simply shit?

I think there were 2-3 songs in UMK that had good chances to make it to the final and do pretty well. But there should have been more such songs in the NF, the quality artists simply are not interested in UMK and we have a lot of amateurish nobodies who just want publicity in Finland and are not mainly interested in ESC. I am afraid that less and less good artists will be interested in the contest now because the jury system ruined the whole thing this year.

John1

I want Saari and Alto to come back next year.

Their songs were amazing, and it would have allowed Finland to 1) sail through the final, and thus 2) achieving a decent result, despite being not hyped enough by the fans.

In my opinion, Finland should change, or at least modify their selection process for the ESC, as the public and the jury aren't empowered in the same equal way. xshrug

I don't even understand why they did make such modifications, anyway... Those 'improvements' just transformed the incredible 2014's UMK into a cheap 2016 version... :lol:

Let's do it again, Finland! xcheer
You'll manage to qualify again very soon. xcheer

DanielLuis

Finland has so many quality songs, it's a shame that's not represented often on the Eurovision stage :( Hopefully YLE will start doing better in these next few years.

John1

Finland has so many quality songs, it's a shame that's not represented often on the Eurovision stage :( Hopefully YLE will start doing better in these next few years.

They shouldn't and they won't internally select their entry until the UMK will provide :fi: a victory.
However, this doesn't mean that this national final, which is quite weak in regards to the bunch of other NFs in the ESC, has the best selection format ever. :lol:

Despite being much more organised and modern than the FiK though... :lol:

DanielLuis

They shouldn't and they won't internally select their entry until the UMK will provide :fi: a victory.
However, this doesn't mean that this national final, which is quite weak in regards to the bunch of other NFs in the ESC, has the best selection format ever. :lol:

Despite being much more organised and modern than the FiK though... :lol:

I was talking about the Finnish music scene, there are a lot of great modern artists with good songs that would do well at Eurovision but they would never compete in UMK. If YLE will wait to change the selection format til UMK provides them a winner then I'm afraid we'll be stuck with it for a very long time

PamSwynford

Can they manage to get Jannika B in UMK?

Mrm

Veteran

I think they should try with rock again, after some time.. xbb xguitar

for example I ADORE their host cuntry entry from 2007 - Hanna Pakarinen - Leave Me Alone! xlove xheart

I hope to see smth like that in Kyev! xyes

PamSwynford

from another forum said:
According to rumors, UMK will have a final with 10 competing songs. The final would be held in January. The same person who started the rumors told that Emma Sandström who participated in The Voice of Finland would compete in UMK. The song is composed by Jonas Olsson, Aku Rannila, Saara Törmä (Better known for Sä et ole hullu (NVSC #8)) and another female composer.

Of course, it's not 100% reliable but Emma has posted on Instagram 16 weeks ago that she has a secret project and 2 weeks ago she had a lunch with different producers (Olsson is one of them). Also, Harri Hakanen who's YLE's Head of ESC Press posted on Twitter a photo which has 13 blind papers. He also wrote in tweet "Almost there!". This could mean that they're finishing the final line-up, so it might mean that we have less than 13 competitors this year. Or they're just trolling. You can see the tweet below.
https://twitter.com/HarriHakanen/status/784437685184266244?s=09

PamSwynford

And they will have international juries! xcheer

Romeo

Benjamin Peltonen needs to enter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom