Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

mauve

Veteran
Hoping for Argentinia, Denmark, Australia and Mexico today. Guessing Argentinia, France, Poland and Denmark.

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

can barely watch a match today, but I am rooting for Saudi Arabia (I don't like the country but I feel bad for their national team being always the whipping boys in WC. Also somebody must start to save Asia's honour), Denmark ( xheart ) , Mexico and Australia

Maybe I can watch the Denmark match in the office on the second display xthink

Milos-BC

England won their match routinely as expected. I don't think Iran is a bad team at all but there was an obvious difference in quality. I believe they will have their chances against USA and Wales.

Senegal played a great match, they didn't deserve to lose with two goals of difference, but nonetheless, Holland is a great team and I believe that, if circumstances allow, they can go far on this World Cup.

As for the last match, USA was definitely the better team, but one mistake can cost points, as we've seen so many times before. I think this wasn't an ideal outcome for either of the two teams but we will see how things develop further in this group.

HarryUK

Veteran
You bet I cheered Saudi equalising

Disclaimer: I’m British, so anyone who plays the Argie’s I’m rooting for!

mauve

Veteran
Germany's Sané is injured, so Musiala might take his place tomorrow.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Congrats Saudi Arabia! Great Fight, well done! Now Argentinia HAS to win its next match otherwise, it will be a hard way to go ...!

Zerocalcare

After just four games, here is the ranking of points acquired by continent:

Europe: 7 points (2 wins and 1 draw / 9 goals scored and 2 conceded).

South America: 3 points (1 win and 1 loss / 3 goals scored and 2 conceded).

Asia: 3 points (1 win and 2 losses / 4 goals scored and 9 conceded).

North-Central America: 1 point (1 draw / 1 goal scored and 1 conceded).

Africa: 0 points (1 defeat / 0 goals scored and 2 conceded)

Oceania: not present.

For the moment, Europe is proving to be the strongest football stage. Even Wales, which is a difficult team but not among the strongest in Europe, can worry the strongest teams of CONCACAF. We look forward to further developments.

I will end by saying, surprising defeat of Argentina against Saudi Arabia. The passage of the round becomes complicated because Poland and Mexico are excellent teams. Let's see if they can get back up. I hope that, if Argentina doesn't win, Spain will, or in any order of preference: Denmark, Mexico, Serbia, Poland, Uruguay or Portugal.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Didn´t know Mané was naturalized, you most likely mean Sané. ;)
Oh my god ... Guess I was still (positively) shocked to see Saudi Arabia win! ;) By the way a male nurse who cares for my mom never says "Sané", but "Sahne". :ROFLMAO: He is a huge Bayern-Fan, so I thought he should know how to pronounce the name. So I told him Sané's first name is "Schlag"! :ROFLMAO:

Milos-BC

Huge respect for Saudi Arabia. A perfect match for them in every way.

I honestly though Argentina will have an easy time here, but after the first half and everything we saw there, it was obvious this won't be just another ordinary match.

I am impressed.

This is the energy we need against Brazil on Thursday as well. But Brazil is a more serious team and they won't underestimate us.

Top Bottom