Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Looren

Veteran
The only thing I'll predict so far is Tunisia eliminating France on a 90+1 Khazri goal :mrgreen:

mauve

Veteran
The only thing I'll predict so far is Tunisia eliminating France on a 90+1 Khazri goal :mrgreen:
Looren:
ogvhs-crystal-ball.gif
I see a bad future for France ...

Looren

Veteran
Mané will officially miss WC

Senegal went from potential semi-finalist to potential round of sixteen

ShoeFlo

What would be your favorite lineup for your team? Is it already predictable how your team is going to start in the first match or are there still a lot of question marks?

:de:

---------------------Neuer---------------------
Süle----Rüdiger-----Ginter----Günter
--------Kimmich-----Goretzka----------
Gnabry--------Musiala--------Sané----
--------------------Füllkrug-------------------

In the goal you could put literally everybody... ter Stegen and Trapp are amazing, too. But there is no reason to take Neuer out, he's got some sloppy moments but he is still great

for the defense I spent the longest time, cause there is no lineup I am actually confident with... it is really a problem in the German squad 'cause apart from Rüdiger there is no world player you can rely on in big matches

I would put my trust into the Freiburg players Ginter and Günter since they are having a great season with their club, Ginter looks like newborn since his return to his youth club. Günter has been underrated for a long time. He is one of the vital factors of the rise of SC Freiburg, he rarely miss a minute, he is always fit. He is aggressive, strong and fast.. when it comes to attacking power maybe David Raum might be the better choice, but he is having a mediocre season so far so I go for Günter
Süle as right back is a bit bold... I did not believe he could do it but actually he was quite decent in this role for Dortmund lately... had some good actions in the attack and defended well most of the time.

Not a lot to explain about the midfield... we are priviliged to be able to line up a midfield consisting of players of one single team which is FC Bayern... for the players there is no need to get used to each other because they know each other perfectly and have a fantastic chemistry. This is supposed to be a big advantage. Moreover, FC Bayern is on fire atm so I expect their players to have full confidence and to transfer their fantastic shape over to Qatar. They just have to play like they do on weekly base... thereotically it seems simple, but football is such a complex sport. Lining up a Bayern block ofc means that Gündogan has to get benched which is a disputable decision but tbh he has never been as good for Germany as he is in Manchester.

Another weak spot in German team is the striker position... but I believe we need a real "number 9" who knows where to stand in the box, who is clinical, physically strong and can win aerial duels ... trying not to be biased but Füllkrug is the obvious choice here. He is in fantastic condition and seems to blend in well with his team mates. He was the one who scored the winning goal against Oman to avoid an embarassment. I hope he is gonna play against Japan right from the beginning but I suppose Flick will play Havertz

mauve

Veteran
What would be your favorite lineup for your team? Is it already predictable how your team is going to start in the first match or are there still a lot of question marks?

:de:

---------------------Neuer---------------------
Süle----Rüdiger-----Ginter----Günter
--------Kimmich-----Goretzka----------
Gnabry--------Musiala--------Sané----
--------------------Füllkrug-------------------

In the goal you could put literally everybody... ter Stegen and Trapp are amazing, too. But there is no reason to take Neuer out, he's got some sloppy moments but he is still great

for the defense I spent the longest time, cause there is no lineup I am actually confident with... it is really a problem in the German squad 'cause apart from Rüdiger there is no world player you can rely on in big matches

I would put my trust into the Freiburg players Ginter and Günter since they are having a great season with their club, Ginter looks like newborn since his return to his youth club. Günter has been underrated for a long time. He is one of the vital factors of the rise of SC Freiburg, he rarely miss a minute, he is always fit. He is aggressive, strong and fast.. when it comes to attacking power maybe David Raum might be the better choice, but he is having a mediocre season so far so I go for Günter
Süle as right back is a bit bold... I did not believe he could do it but actually he was quite decent in this role for Dortmund lately... had some good actions in the attack and defended well most of the time.

Not a lot to explain about the midfield... we are priviliged to be able to line up a midfield consisting of players of one single team which is FC Bayern... for the players there is no need to get used to each other because they know each other perfectly and have a fantastic chemistry. This is supposed to be a big advantage. Moreover, FC Bayern is on fire atm so I expect their players to have full confidence and to transfer their fantastic shape over to Qatar. They just have to play like they do on weekly base... thereotically it seems simple, but football is such a complex sport. Lining up a Bayern block ofc means that Gündogan has to get benched which is a disputable decision but tbh he has never been as good for Germany as he is in Manchester.

Another weak spot in German team is the striker position... but I believe we need a real "number 9" who knows where to stand in the box, who is clinical, physically strong and can win aerial duels ... trying not to be biased but Füllkrug is the obvious choice here. He is in fantastic condition and seems to blend in well with his team mates. He was the one who scored the winning goal against Oman to avoid an embarassment. I hope he is gonna play against Japan right from the beginning but I suppose Flick will play Havertz
I agree with you. Our defense will be the biggest problem - I wish Flick would have taken Mats Hummels (but then again experience is not the most relevant thing). Midfiled is good, and as you stated, we have another problem with a true striker. I am not really confident that Füllkrug (wish we had someone like Klose again) will stand out, I rather leave the goals to our midfielder.
I guess we can end really bad, but hope dies last. ;)

Zerocalcare

Who will win: :ar:

Who would I accept as champion (and who deserves it): :es:, :pt:, :ay: or :dk:

The rest is divided between those who must not win and those who cannot win. Anyone who thinks of :jp:'s surprise victory has perhaps seen too much "Captain Tsubasa" 😄 as the same thing goes for :ma: who, at best, will be able to aspire to pass the groups and that's it. The world championship at 99.9%, without any offense, is a challenge between Europe and South America 🤓

mauve

Veteran
Anyone who thinks of :jp:'s surprise victory has perhaps seen too much "Captain Tsubasa" 😄
:eek::eek::eek: HOW DO YOU KNOW??? It's not Captain Tsubasa, but I just am watching "Victory kickoff" (original: Ginga e kickoff). :ROFLMAO: It's an awesome anime, just as "Giant killing"! ;) If you are an anime-Fan, worth watching!

Also great: "Days", "Touch", "Hungry Heart", "Whistle", "Cross Game" ... I have seen them all. :LOL:

P.S. Where was my head? Mixed them up: Touch and Coss Game are animes about Baseball, but they are awesome, even when you are not a baseball fan! ;)

Last edited:

Zerocalcare

:eek::eek::eek: HOW DO YOU KNOW??? It's not Captain Tsubasa, but I just am watching "Victory kickoff" (original: Ginga e kickoff). :ROFLMAO: It's an awesome anime, just as "Giant killing"! ;) If you are an anime-Fan, worth watching!

Also great: "Days", "Touch", "Hungry Heart", "Whistle", "Cross Game" ... I have seen them all. :LOL:
I admit to being a manga/anime fan but I've never read or seen "Ginga and Kickoff", "Touch", "Days", "Hungry Heart", "Whistle", "Cross Game" and "Giant Killing" 😃 I have to find and read them. Now I'm reading "Team Medical Dragon" and I must admit that I really like it 👍

If it weren't for Germany having 4 World Cups like Italy, I would have supported you too. For the rest, I see Argentina and Messi under a lucky star. If Argentina doesn't win, the Spanish "Tiki-Taka", the Portuguese quality/solidity and the Danish athleticism are very dangerous opponents. I find only Uruguay not up to par with the teams I mentioned but, being together with Argentina, a country with a very strong Italian ancestry, I can only cheer for the joy of my blood brothers.

Looren

Veteran

Mine would be

Goal : Bounou

LB : Mazraoui
CB : Saiss
CB : Aguerd
RB : Hakimi

CDM : Amrabat
CM : Ounahi
CM : Amallah (or El Khanouss)

LW : Boufal (or Ez Abde)
RW : Ziyech

ST : En-Nesyri

This line-up looks quite strong imo and I think we have a chance to qualify from groups, will be hard but we'll give everything, and we have nothing to lose !

Also about your German team line-up I think I would also play Havertz as a striker, I trust him a bit more that Fullkrug

Oh and I forgot Belgium, but since Martinez didn't call Lukebakio and will probably make our grandpas on drugs and Hazard our tacos seller am sure I will disagree with our line-up :lol:

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
:be: 1 - 2 :eg:

Think this proves the point that Africa should have more spots in WC

And I don't expect anything from our team anymore lmao

HarryUK

Beer banned from stadiums
FIFA official's hotel isn't ready
$15 pints in fan zones
Fake propaganda videos showing people who have been paid to pretend to be fans of various countries

Look I'm all in favour of respecting culture, but I'm more in favour of respecting basic human rights

This is the hot mess we all knew it would be

Mainshow

Veteran
Beer banned from stadiums
FIFA official's hotel isn't ready
$15 pints in fan zones
Fake propaganda videos showing people who have been paid to pretend to be fans of various countries

Look I'm all in favour of respecting culture, but I'm more in favour of respecting basic human rights

This is the hot mess we all knew it would be

It´s a f+cking j+ke and FIFA should be ashamed...

In such times (pandemic, war), I would have loved to watch a few mindless and stupid matches - to cheer for my countries and other teams but this world cap is a disaster - It´s not about "respecting culture" - I just hate that it´s so incredibly fake on so many levels...
Paying foreign workers to pretend to be fans from different countries..matching all their outfits..forcing them to sing songs without getting the lyrics right.... inviting and paying tons of influencers (and David Beckham [shame on him!]) to promote a country that way... From "all fans are welcome" to "homosexuality is a mental disease", not allowing beer... That´s just pathetic.
European teams who have been preaching diversity by wearing rainbow wristbands are cancelling them (again, what a fake move).

To be honest, I can´t understand gay people watching any match of this world cup when the organisers want to see us dead (or at least, locked up at an asylum).

Having bought so many useless stadions for such a fake event. Qatar is not a football nation - they will not use any of these arenas after these events - what a waste of labor, ressources at a time when we common people are told to reduce our carbon footprint.
Even the stadions in South Africa have already become overgrown.

FIFA needs to become more aware of human rights and sustainability (and letting countries host such events who can clearly be as good as their word & where the stadions will also be used (e.g. for football matches or other sports) when the world cup ends.

That said, I can´t wait to see some footage of "Polish fans" :D xD

Mainshow

Veteran
Another reason to boycot this mess:

World Cup 2022: Fifa president Gianni Infantino accuses West of 'hypocrisy'​

Fifa president Gianni Infantino has accused the West of "hypocrisy" in its reporting about Qatar's human rights record on the eve of the World Cup.

In an extraordinary monologue at a news conference in Doha, Infantino spoke for nearly an hour and made a passionate defence of Qatar and the tournament.

The event has been overshadowed by issues in Qatar including deaths of migrant workers and treatment of LGBT people.

Switzerland-born Infantino said that European nations should apologise for acts committed in their own histories, rather than focussing on migrant workers' issues in Qatar.

Infantino opened by saying: "Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

Hosts Qatar kick off the tournament against Ecuador at Al Bayt Stadium on Sunday (16:00 GMT).

In February 2021, the Guardian said 6,500 migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka had died in Qatar since it won its World Cup bid.

The number is based on figures provided by the countries' embassies in Qatar.

However, the Qatar government said the total was misleading, because not all the deaths recorded were of people working on World Cup-related projects.

Infantino said: "We have been taught many lessons from Europeans and the Western world. I am European. For what we have been doing for 3,000 years around the world, we should be apologising for the next 3,000 years before giving moral lessons.

"If Europe really care about the destiny of these people, they can create legal channels - like Qatar did - where a number of these workers can come to Europe to work. Give them some future, some hope.

"I have difficulties understanding the criticism. We have to invest in helping these people, in education and to give them a better future and more hope. We should all educate ourselves, many things are not perfect but reform and change takes time.

"This one-sided moral lesson is just hypocrisy. I wonder why no-one recognises the progress made here since 2016.

"It is not easy to take the critics of a decision that was made 12 years ago. Qatar is ready, it will be the best World Cup ever.

"I don't have to defend Qatar, they can defend themselves. I defend football. Qatar has made progress and I feel many other things as well.

"Of course I am not Qatari, Arab, African, gay, disabled or a migrant worker. But I feel like them because I know what it means to be discriminated and bullied as a foreigner in a foreign country."

Qatar has been under pressure to build a migrant workers' centre and Infantino announced a "dedicated and permanent office" in Doha, following discussions with the Qatar government and International Labour Organisation (ILO).

He also said every worker that has an accident "receives compensation by law".

"Depending on the magnitude, it can be several years of salary," he added.

Infantino also said Fifa's Qatar 2022 legacy fund will go into education, signing an agreement that will help 25 million children and women in India.

Alcohol u-turn 'a joint decision'​

Just two days before the start of the tournament, Fifa changed its policy and announced no alcohol will be served at any of the eight World Cup stadiums.

Alcohol was set to be served "in select areas within stadiums", despite its sale being strictly controlled in the Muslim country.

Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol.

Addressing the changed decision, Infantino said: "If this is the biggest issue we have for the World Cup then I will resign immediately and go to the beach to relax.

"Let me first assure you that every decision taken at this World Cup is a joint decision between Qatar and Fifa.

"There will be many fan zones where you can buy alcohol in Qatar and fans can simultaneously drink alcohol. I think if for three hours a day you cannot drink a beer, you will survive.

"Especially because the same rules apply in France, Spain, Portugal and Scotland. Here it has become a big thing because it is a Muslim country? I don't know why. We tried and that is why I give you the late change of policy. We tried to see if it was possible."

Corruption and hypocrisy at its best.
I can´t believe the FIFA president made such comments.

Looren

Veteran
Infantino is just some dumb dude, I don't care about him lmao

Still gonna watch it tho, I know the host country is totally crap and all, but hell I've been waiting for this for so long, no way am not gonna watch this

Also about the "I don't understand gay people who'll watch this while host country want us dead" well let's say am used to this ^^

hijirio

Veteran
Also about the "I don't understand gay people who'll watch this while host country want us dead" well let's say am used to this ^^

People like you who get used to this homophobic hostility and death threats are the core problem of LGBT+ society in modern era. I refuse to get used to hate, humiliation, homophobia.

Mainshow

Veteran
I would stop watching the Eurovision Song Contest if the organisers or head of the EBU officially say "that homosexuality is a mental disease" and/or that gay people need to be locked up (and not attending the event).
That´s what the official head of the word cup in Qatar said.

People in such positions shouldn´t say such things at all - even if they are homophobic - there are guidelines to follow (FIFA).

Looren

Veteran
I would stop watching the Eurovision Song Contest if the organisers or head of the EBU officially say "that homosexuality is a mental disease" and/or that gay people need to be locked up (and not attending the event).
That´s what the official head of the word cup in Qatar said.

People in such positions shouldn´t say such things at all - even if they are homophobic - there are guidelines to follow (FIFA).

Well yeah you're probably right, but am used to this kind of shit here so it doesn't affect or surprise me anymore and I stopped caring about such comments

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s utterly sad that you´ve come to this point and even feel this way :(

I will probably end up visiting this thread (now and then) to check some comments and results but I will not watch a single minute of it. I´m too busy to be "mentally disabled".

Top Bottom