Contact us

Fan flops/Dark Horses

jatojo

What I hope will happen:

- Sweden finishes bottom 5 (not gonna happen)
- Ireland NQ's (probably not gonna happen)
- Czechia Q's (not gonna happen)
- Poland Q's (could happen)
- The televote-oriented songs flop (probably not gonna happen)

Last edited:

jatojo

I am one of those few, if not the only one, who has noticed the overrating of "The Code". Not only do I believe he won't win but that it could be "Eurodrama 2024" with a resounding NQ. “The Code” is difficult to deliver with convincing staging and the experimental musical construction leads it to be difficult for Nemo to handle vocally (it won't sound like it does in the studio).
It could go like with fan-favourite Ryk in Germany - that people don't quite "get it" before the song is over. However, judging by the liveshow I've seen from Austria, it seemed Nemo's voice is strong - he does deliver.

martin

Dark Horses:

:il: With everyone talking about Gaza. I could see a lot of people vote for Israel because they want to show Propalestina people a message. Could easy ending up in top 3 in televoting.

:lt: Only 14 in the odds. I could see this go right into top 10 in televoting and jury

:ua: Is still war in Ukraine and this songs is much stronger than last year entry. I think Ukraine will get a lot of votes in East Europe and some part in West.

:pt: I think this will Q to final and i could see Jury will give this or Slovenia a very good score. That could give a surprice top 10 place in final

Fan Flop
:at: Nr 7 in OGAE vote. I could see this ending up to be a NQ. Or a least a botnom 5 in final.

:es: Typical entry who a loved by fans, but i don,t think it will work on the night. Other entry will stand more out and Spain will be not be happy

:nl: This is 3 in odds and i can,t see the jury will vote much for it. Also i,m not sure the people will love it soo much and we have many joke/show entry this entry.

:no: Very popular by some fans, but i don,t think we going to get a top 10 this year. More perhaps 18-20 place

I also think all the nordic entry will not be top 10. The best chance is Sweden because of jury

MojVoda

Dark horses

:ee:

No one talking about the song. The eastern grey mass of the televote will help this to top 10, top 15 juries too.

:pt:

One of the few ballads. Barley making it to grand final but while there juries help Portugal for a surprise top 10 results.

Fan flops

:il:

Fans thinks Israel will be top 10 in televotes. The song will end up like Sweden 2018.

:hr:

I like the song very much, final delivery won't be as strong many think. Croatia remain in top 10 but no win

:by:

Belarus isn't even allowed to take part.

jatojo

I think Spain will flop. I don't see it getting great televote or jury love.
Spain does get a lot of votes in the official OGAE votings at the moment. I can't quite explain it, except that OGAE probably has a penchant for old ladies who got their faces fixed but not their voices.

Last edited:

Ted Talks

Spain does get a lot of votes in the official OGAE votings at the moment. I can't quite explain it, except that OGAE probably has a penchant for older ladies who got their faces fixed but not their voices.
Spain very much feels like a song for the fans - and the fans that never vote and have no intention of doing so.

That means it’ll probably have little to no wider appeal with the general public as from their perspective they’ll just an older woman who can barely sing (I’m being kind) and some men strutting about half naked.

If anything is going to get the votes, it’s the naked-ish men. Says it all really! :LOL:

Paco Roca

Many have talked about what they think are the flops and dark horses, the possible surprises, but one variant is forgotten every year: the old generation. This generation, a substantial mass in an increasingly older Europe, which follows the ESC as an occasional spectator often subverts the predictions of the Bubble extremists. Their vote is not unpredictable. We know more or less what he likes. In fact, I don't understand how many can shout about the success of Croatia, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece or high positions for Ireland which will get a handful of votes from this audience. Now, each of us has tastes, sometimes unique in our own way, but the YouTuber's grandmother has shown us more or less who will get approval and the prince of the older generation is Slimane (who, if he doesn't fail, may also have the support of the juries). Ukraine and Italy prove to be super dangerous because they are able to conquer new generation, old generation, members of the Bubble and juries. Norway, as I have always said, is the greatest dark horse in Eurovisual history. Among many powerful horses in the race, the Norwegian one could even win by surprise. "Ulveham" is a qualitative, epic, vocally powerful song, with excellent staging, which knows how to be accepted by the older generation (!) but also a "convenience winner" (the one who knows how to make itself hated the least). When we take all the elements into consideration, going beyond our tastes and beliefs, we may be surprised by a prediction.

Croatia certainly won't flop but they won't achieve what many believe. Switzerland will collapse, Greece will follow a path balanced between average and disaster. Israel will not fly but will do well. Sweden will land on its feet as always. Italy, Ukraine and Norway and who knows Belgium will play for the title. The Netherlands probably won't win the "crazy sounds battle". Serbia is a solid song that will do well but nothing more. Etc...

Before concluding, pay attention to Portugal. From the older generation and from the juries he can take some points. Even if Fado is too niche a genre for me (here if I'm not mistaken mixed with a pinch of Pop) "Grito" isn't dead from the start.

nudiecrudi

Ogae poll top 5 Italy Croatia Switzerland Belgium and France
Eurojury top 5 Switzerland France Italy Croatia Germany
Odds Switzerland Croatia Netherlands Italy Ukraine
Eurovisionworkd poll Croatia Italy Switzerland Netherlands Belgium.
Has ever happened in recent times ( past 10 years) that a winner coming from nowhere 5 days before the rehearsals?
Portugal 2017 was climbing quickly in the odds in this period i remember

mup

Because members of the Eurojury were threatened by a gang of elephants 🐘🐘🐘 Elephants are no joke, they don't take long to grab you with their trunk.
Who wouldn't give :12: to such lovely big animals? xlove

a6cd1fff211380b25ad215f2e6cece2f-1024x576.jpg

Top Bottom