Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

heke1988

Well, I'll give my votes to San Marino, Sernia and Czech Republic. I love Finland, but I think enough people will vote for them anyway!

I hope, you are right. Otherwise this will haunt you, if Finland won't qualify tomorrow:eek::ROFLMAO:.

GermanBango

Dunno if anyone already posted it but last night`s performances from most to least watched:

1 :ua:
2 :al:
3 :md:
4 :gr:
5 :nl:
6 :no:
7 :pt:
8 :lt:
9 :am:
10 :lv:
11 :at:
12 :ch:
13 :is:
14 :sl:
15 :hr:
16 :dk:
17 :bg:

It has got really difficult to draw conclusions from viewing numbers on youtube since everything started trending. In 2019 KEiiNO had the third lowest numbers out of the 10 qualifiers. Their views were only a bit lower than Albania's and their likes were only slightly higher. From these numbers you would have never expected they actually won the televote in the semi by a large margin. It was a tough semi as well since 7 from these 10 qualifiers managed to get a top 10 result on saturday.

nino77ns

Молим вас, користите овај нит да расправљате о пробама уопште и да пратите заједно са свим емисијама уживо у Торину.

Мет, Мелани и Рој из тима ЕСЦ Унитед биће Уживо У Торину наредних дана, а твоји су им се заиста придружили на терену наредних дана.

Побрините се да се придружите Мету на вежби Евровизије 2022. од 10:00 СЕТ, Уживо На Иоутутутубе. Везе са свим струјама уживо су испод;

1. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутутубе]Упк00тХФЕ[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

ДРУГИ ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутубе]УОКСИ9дО0Кс0Кс0Х[/МЕДИА]] [/споилер]

3. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутутубе]МСПхЗН9ФС[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

4. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутутубе]Фц_КлКондва[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

5. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутутубе]ШтФеМЈИО[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

6. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутубе]вопЦргЛБЦИИ[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

7. ДАН
[спојлер][МЕДИА=Иоутутубе]а5ХКсиСцВКЕИ[/МЕДИА][/споилер]

За реакције и интервјуе појединачних земаља, молимо вас да проверите одређену земљу.

Побрините се да нас пратите на Твиттеру, Фејсбуку, Инстаграму, Твитцху и нашем новом ТикТок налогу за све најновије иза сцене и реакције Торина!

>> Кликните ОВДЕ на распоред пробе Евровизије 2022 <><<<

nino77ns

The first night sucked for me... If these were the best songs they sent. They're barking at others they haven't passed. Funny. I haven't heard anything before and I expect to like the song on my first listen, but the first night I didn't hear anything smart. Or that it looks like something to listen to in the other months... Or some stupid ballads or they all tried to push some rock songs because it was last year

Chrisiam

There is a part of me that wonders if the microphone that Sweden is using is causing some of the interference and such that has been popping up in the rehearsals today. Sure, it won't explain all of them as it won't have been plugged in all afternoon. But it will have been plugged in a little while before then and likely a little while after too, and with it not being one of the standard mics used maybe it is? I don't know I am not that much of a techie but it seems weird that we didn't have half as many problems on Monday and yesterday as today.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
For such a simple staging, it sure plagued with issues. I really wonder what is the cause of it and what exactly are these issues.

It seems it wasn't just them though, Romania onwards all had to perform again - except Sweden, and then the UK had to also when semi 2 big 5 perform. The dress rehearsal was sooo long and full of problems. Better they happen in the day dress rehearsal than on the night though.

crashworld

Veteran
There is a part of me that wonders if the microphone that Sweden is using is causing some of the interference and such that has been popping up in the rehearsals today. Sure, it won't explain all of them as it won't have been plugged in all afternoon. But it will have been plugged in a little while before then and likely a little while after too, and with it not being one of the standard mics used maybe it is? I don't know I am not that much of a techie but it seems weird that we didn't have half as many problems on Monday and yesterday as today.

But didn't Switzerland use a similar mic as Sweden?

crashworld

Veteran
It seems it wasn't just them though, Romania onwards all had to perform again - except Sweden, and then the UK had to also when semi 2 big 5 perform. The dress rehearsal was sooo long and full of problems. Better they happen in the day dress rehearsal than on the night though.

I see. It's so strange though, the 1st and 2nd rehearsals went pretty well for most except for some delegations. And then these issues started to emerge when it's to rehearse the full show. Hopefully, they will get fixed by the jury and the live shows.

babadabada

Small recap of my evening (in bold my qualified after all the passages):

Albania: Vulgar at will, Ronela bawled more than she sang. Seeing her qualify would just give me the pleasure of a good laugh with the friends who come to watch the final at home on Saturday! But did not deserve the qualification!

Latvia: Fresh, colorful, but terrible to me. I was bored the whole time. The best moment of the performance was the Laurence Boccolini joke and the reference to Roselyne Bachelot ^^

Lithuania: Beautiful dress, beautiful controlled voice but a bit boring. The composition is nice but flat. I find that not much is happening even though Monika looks nice.

Switzerland: Already physically, Marius bothers me. It's nasty but it is not highlighted at all, neither by his clothes, nor by his jewelry, nor by his colors (hair and face). Beautiful voice but I was bored a max. I couldn't stand his gestures and arm movements. For me it was a certainty that he failed, I am shocked that he passed.

Slovenia: Nice composition, but the same, it's still boring. At least they are musicians but the singer clearly lacks voice and clearly needs to cheer up a bit, he is sorely lacking in charisma. It's a shame because there was almost no interaction between the band members.

Ukraine: The flautist has progressed vocally but still a few sluggishness on holding the notes during the chorus. Despite everything, it is the first real proposal of the evening. I like the song but level staging they could have hit harder. Finally, not my favorites of the evening but fully deserve their qualification. xheart

Bulgaria: Nice guitar solo, but that's it.

Netherlands: One of my favorite songs from this year in the studio. The staging may lack a little something, but I really liked its authenticity and I didn't expect so many emotions at the end of the performance. It was palpable and terribly touching. xheart

Moldova: It's not the composition of the century but it was mega festive. I find that they have well overcome the repetitive side of the song through the revamp and the breaks in the staging. It's super happy, it makes you want to dance with a good pint of beer in your hand!

Portugal: The big slap of the evening. The closer the final approached, the more I hooked with the song. Very convinced and carried away by the interpretation. Finally an authentic song, which comes out of the guts and off the beaten track. A nice parenthesis and I found that it was great that it happened after Moldova because the return to calm was very pleasant. xheart xheart

Croatia: I called it "sweet-boring". It was in place, but agreed. I prefer the ending when she sings in Croatian. The kind of contribution that leaves you totally indifferent and suddenly ends up at the end of the ranking. Not surprised at the elimination.

Denmark: I really liked the beginning in piano-voice, then as soon as the group took shape, it fell back, became horrifying and offered nothing very new or very artistic. I have a hard time with groups whose members don't interact. Their energy was too sluggish (Cruella the drummer was annoying with her "over-smile"). One of the services that I liked the least with Switzerland. Going to the end was a real torture.

Austria: One of my favorite studio songs. The live version got it right. It was very unpleasant vocally, my ears were grinding. Staging too enclosing. The song really lost intensity when lowering the key. I still wanted the qualification for my love of the studio version. Not surprised at the elimination though.

Iceland: My favorites yesterday (a bit ahead of Portugal). I discovered the song late (really listened to this weekend). I really like folk music, the perfect harmony between the voices (even if a bit fuzzy at the end). Directed in sobriety but effective and giving pride of place to the song. The girls seem nice and you can feel that they are real musicians and that they do it for the love of music more than the search for some celebrity to feed their egocentrisms. xheart xheart xheart

Greece: Really, I have a hard time understanding the hype around this song. This is the "first in class" song of this year. No real flavor. The staging is not phew (contrary to what I expected). The composition of the song does not affect me absolutely. It's the kind of very generic song that would make me turn off the radio or change stations so much I find that there is no soul. Afterwards, deserves qualification with regard to the competition but really at the limit. There was really something too much, artistic but too much and in excess and which lacked simplicity and authenticity.

Norway: We needed them in the final because they set fires. It's effective and it makes you want to learn choreography. It's not the song of the century either. I am very disturbed by the shots with the lyrics which add nothing and cut off the performance a bit. However, they risk hurting televoting because it remains a memorable and festive performance.

Armenia: The song is good, even if already heard a good hundred times (many songs in the same hyper radiophonic style in the years 2015-17). Beautiful voice. But the staging is really awful. Why lock yourself in? I need to see that she is on stage, she would be in the studio it would be the same. Too cheesy and JESC with the hearts and the messages on the wall below the post-its. Too "nian-nian" but like Greece, it passes in terms of competition.

To tell the truth, semi-final with a really not terrible level. I absolutely only wanted 6 songs in the final: Ukraine, Netherlands, Portugal, Iceland, Moldova and Sweden.

The production could certainly have been better. I don't really listen to the talk about the performances, so I don't really have an opinion on the presenters who actually seemed physically unbearable...
Postcards blah.

But all my love for Laurence (French speaker)who does a great job at the comments :)

randajad

Veteran
Songs are what they are this year, but speaking of the overall spectacle organisation-wise, it was mediocre, but not bad. The stage is really nice and classy despite all the difficulties with the main prop. They use a bit too much lighting during the non-performance parts tho. Hosts are fine, professional enough, but the script is traditionally bad. Graphics are underwhelming, they look much better on their random yt videos than on the show itself. Postcards could have been better if they ditched the drone idea, I don't mind seeing touristic ads. Opening act seemed like something from a Baltic NF, but the interval act was very very good, especially Diodato part. Raffaela Carrá shoutout was sweet, and results were quick, but interesting and tense enough.

FilipFromSweden

For such a simple staging, it sure plagued with issues. I really wonder what is the cause of it and what exactly are these issues.
Is that a real question? We all know it's Italian production. Allegedly someone walked on the microphone cord so that she fell in another rehersal

Top Bottom