Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Zeus

yes because israel is soooo popular with the fandom
It's about the type of song (genre) and the frame of sentiments around it, not literally about Israel, smart ass.

Ezio

Veteran

Not me repeating myself every year, but an unhappy song by an angry lady goes nowhere at Eurovision.

People think she is clearly bothered and won't vote for her.

nudiecrudi

I don't know what to think about Romania.
Overall the only word for this performance is '' CHEAP '' and not because it doesn't have a mega production

Zeus

Damn, Estonia might be the number one country to struggle with the kinetic sun. The lively LED-landscape blocked by the dark sun. It's really ugly.

The running around and showing the public are signs of complete panic if you ask me.

ItsJaden

If Sheldon sung a gayish over the top "bop" - like Israel or Romania - he would be totally it according to a lot of hardcore Eurovision-fans. Or a trashy punky poprocksong like San Marino with all the stereotypical Eurovision elements - talk about "cringe" - the same. Or last year, in which Tix used way bigger symbolics to put his painful story forward. Or look at Spain this year, an upbeat, very simple pop-production in which the performer basically sings without pants and constantly shows her butt. But that's not cringe, that's wooowww slay queen etc.

But when this boy sings a ballad that he co-writed himself (unlike many other "artists" at Eurovision), which comes very close to his own story, his own struggles and deep pains, it suddenly is just theatrical, whiny and cringe, lol.

Ofcourse you can dislike a song and/or performance, but I find it somewhat disrespectful and ironic looking at the Eurovision-community.
or... It just doesn't come across genuine, which automatically makes it a little cringe.

mauve

Veteran
I have to say that none of today's performances convinced me in any way. Some could be more daring in my eyes, some are just boring (like seen a thousand times before). But I still like Andrea's performance the most, I think.

Zeus

or... It just doesn't come across genuine, which automatically makes it a little cringe.
That's your interpretation, for me it does come across as sincere. His NF performance as well. I don't think you would fake voice cracks and having problems to continue singing as he had in that performance.

Some people have zero emotional expression, others have it pretty much. Don't really see the problem.

Deleted member 12761

Polands performance looks interesting. The effects surprised me. It looks a bit too much but I kinda like it. It does look cool.

crashworld

Veteran
Estonia's Second Rehearsal Clip

Romania's Second Rehearsal Clip

Poland's Second Rehearsal Clip

SarahM

As an Irish Eurovision fan, expecting Ireland wouldn't have a hope of qualifying, I'm very excited after watching Brooke's second rehearsal! She looks great, the stage is gorgeous, the performance seems lively - I think this is decent! Dare I say it, I think this could be a borderline qualifier. Regardless of the result Brooke has done amazingly well to elevate this song to where it's at, she is representing Ireland well.
Also, I'm not sure why there is criticism at times regarding the vocals, she hits the notes in this clip xshrug

AlekS

Veteran
The head of Estonian delegation: "It's hard to work with Italian team. We had to come up with the new staging 2 days before the rehearsals because of stage malfunction".

Right when I was about to put Poland in my top 3... Me after watching these effects -> xstars

Deleted member 12761

Estonia was one of my favorites this year but his staging doesn't look good imo. I feel bad for him. His performance has suffered the most from the broken sun. The stage looks a bit empty. The song is good but I'm not 100% sure if Estonia is going to qualify anymore.

jeriswani

It’s so pathetic that I actually cried when I found out Cornelias staging was a mess. Made me realise how much I actually like the song. I hope the will fix it but I don’t know if there’s enough time as it’s only dress rehearsals now.

Top Bottom