Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Aren't those effects a bit like Bulgaria 2017. Doda, calm your titties.

That’s what I wanted to point out as well. If only they just used the static thunderstorm. I hope they'll get rid of the shaking, it’s a big NO in an otherwise brilliant winner-worthy performance. Not that it does look cheap - people with seizures and other health problems could be physically triggered by it.
They really should do it the other Kristian‘s way and just use the lightning background. Kostov did well with it.
Apart from the shaking it's the best performance of all participants! Go Krystian!

I am so sad for Estonia. It’s the only country which is REALLY affected by the black sun but I don’t get why they didn’t at least choose more lights to give it a more red-orange-yellow colour. That would have helped at least to create a sundowner mood.

Yoozek

people with seizures and other health problems could be physically triggered by it.

Well half of my family would get triggered by San Marino performance but I guess potatoes gonna potate.

mauve

Veteran
Sweden may not have the best staging, but she definitely had the best vocals today - at least from what I can hear from the clips!

Mainshow

Veteran
Czech Republic looks absolutely stunning! (unfortunately, I don´t think that I can say the same about her vocals)
Sweden vocally nailed it.

However, I think that Ireland was the biggest surprise today! I expected it to be dead at arrival after seeing the first rehearsals but honestly, this looks really great on TV - it´s nothing ground-breaking but it suits the song and she was vocally strong, got a great choreography and the colours look great on stage + fits the song.

Estonia was probably the biggest loser. The Estonian delegation and artists weren´t able to come up with a great plan B to deal with the malfunction of the kinetic sun.
It simply doesn´t work at all, imo.

hpp0

So for today:

Australia looks great, though I would prefer with the colours of the NF performance (a bit more blue lights and the black outfit).

I have mixed feelings for Cyprus. I knew from the photos that it wouldn't look that good on tv but there is potential in some shots. It just seems too static and a bit empty? Maybe they can do something with the lights so that the background looks better cause I think that it my biggest issue with the performance.

The only think that I don't like in Ireland's clip is Brooke's skirt everything else is awesome. I feel like they overdo it with the pyros a bit but the whole performance was a very pleasant surprise.

North Macedonia has a fine performance but I don't think it is enough to make them stand out.

The sun did ruined Estonia a bit but I think by then people will have gotten used into that thing. Still they should have tried to make some changes since they can't use the LED. It is a good thing that he changed his outfit's colour though, it fits better with the song.

For Romania, the part after the wide shot looks beautiful but the part before it has some really weird camera angles. The performance and the song are pretty dated but they have a nostalgic feel so maybe it will make it due to televoting.

I don't like the effects in Poland's performance but I need to see the whole performance cause I read that it is only for that part of the performance. Other than that for me it is excellent, I love it. I have started to root for Poland to take the win even since I saw the photos of the rehearsal but I was afraid that it might not be as well executed as I had it in my head, but no it seems that they have nailed it.

In Montenegro's performance I don't really get what is the point of that thing in her back, but it helps to make her performance more memorable I guess, cause I found it quite boring in general.

I don't think Belgium has many chances to qualify with that performance. It's too forgettable for televoting and vocally he isn't that good to get big support from the juries, who have plenty of songs to choose from in this semi.

Given that Sweden barely managed to rehearse properly, this is a good clip. Vocally she is on point and the camera angles are similar to her original performance. I only don't really like her hair that way.

Czechia needs a tiny bit more energy in some parts, that I imagine they will have in the live shows. Other than that it is one of the best performances this year for me, well done.

Zeus

Vocals are weak, staging good for Czech Republic.

Sweden has to work on the right camera angles and connection with Cornelia a bit more.

Top Bottom