Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran

Miss Antartica

It seems the entrance of the artists on stage will be like in San Remo festival.
The presenters will call each artist on the stage by his/her name before the postcard of the country.

Serena00

However, I do care that S10's photos are suggesting that she got a rather poor staging.
Black outfit, alone on the stage, with some lights on the artist. That's both Switzerland and Netherlands. I think Netherlands have a better song, but she also needs to nail vocals
I would be shocked if Switzerland qualifies. The song is boring, the staging looks boring, it's pretty early in the running order. I don't see public vote for it, only jurors

Ajeje Brazorf

I'm really worried about the Netherlands staging too... The song and S10 are really good, but the stage looks really empty. Hope to be wrong because I really like the song.

dannytr24

I'm really worried about the Netherlands staging too... The song and S10 are really good, but the stage looks really empty. Hope to be wrong because I really like the song.
Disagree. A song like this doesn't need fuss., the focus has to be on her.

Looren

Veteran
Okay I absolutely LOVE Moldova's staging, best one so far with Bulgaria and Swiss

The Neds staging looks nice, with some nice lights and all it could look beautiful

Deleted member 12761

Moldova had the worst staging imo and I think they won't qualify. Bulgaria was a surprise. The song sounds like an anime opening. I don't have them in my Top 10 and still don't think they will qualify but I think they could become a dark horse. I like what we saw from Ronela. Super excited to see the full performance from Albania.

mauve

Veteran
What I can see from the photos, I would say that Bulgaria's staging is definitely an upgrade. If they can deliver it live well, I could actually see them qualifying.
I am really looking forward to the semis to see who REALLY worked on their performance. :)

crashworld

Veteran
Am I the only one who thinks the sun/arch thingy looks like it's blocking the entire LED backdrop? It makes the whole performance look utterly jarring and it stood out really awkwardly, especially seeing Latvia's performance. You can see the vegetables backdrop is sort of being blocked by the big-ass sun/arch thingy.

And it's so weird that Ukraine's staging colour scheme is orange, I would have expected them to go yellow and blue. I really wonder if that is what they have said that EBU wants their performance to be non-political? But it's just flag colour. Plus, you have Bulgaria coming next with orange or at least similar warm color tones.

I didn't expect Albania to go neon blue/pink for this song and the outfit. I would have expected her going in a more traditional/ethnic-looking costume she wore in the NF performance. Now it looks way too modern for the song. Not sure if it looks mis-match.

I think we can expect pretty good camera angles for Switzerland, likely could elevate the song.
Bulgaria's one looks like it could potentially has pretty good staging.

The Netherlands' one looks like we are getting Belgium 2021. I mean, sort of expected, to match the mood, but was hoping it will go another direction. Hopefully, the camera angles will help it. Too bad they didn't use the laser-lights one we saw in her first TV performance. That one was so awesome.

Moldova's performance potentially look like a train-wreck in the making.

Nothing much to say about Lithuania, Slovenia and Latvia. Looks pretty standard to me and what I have expected from them.

Last edited:

Nicholas123

I didn't expect Albania to go neon blue/pink for this song and the outfit. I would have expected her going in a more traditional/ethnic-looking costume she wore in the NF performance. Now it looks way too modern for the song. Not sure if it looks mis-match.

I agree. I expected a dominatrix ethno look, but we got this instead...

mariah-carey-dance.gif

Definitely a choice.

crashworld

Veteran
OK. Just caught up with all the photo galleries on ESC page, some things I have noted:
  • So Ukraine did use blue + yellow for some parts of the performance. I guess they did switch it up.
  • Why am I getting France 2021 vibes for Switzerland's performance?
  • Bulgaria seems like it's going all out. That pyro shot? Almost reminded me of Italy 2021.
  • The Netherlands' staging is looking really similar to Switzerland's.
  • I think Moldova's one looks really busy. I like it being colourful and bright to match the mood of the song. But the overall outfits and seems like they are moving around the stage could potentially make it look messy. Hopefully, it's not the case.
Lithuania's and Slovenia's ones are here:

Zeus

Disagree. A song like this doesn't need fuss., the focus has to be on her.
That's what everyone said with Sennek as well. Sometimes minimalistic can be effective and fitting, but sometimes it can also be stiff, bland or boring.

S10 isn't the greatest vocalist either, so what is really going to stand out now? Camera angles? Backing track or vocals with the chorus?

crashworld

Veteran
Apparently the arches have LED's on one side, and lights on the other. The arches got stuck and the LED part is facing the LED wall while the lights part is the one facing the cameras, which is effing up even more the staging plans for everyone because a huge part of center stage will just be black now.
Hopefully they'll be able to fix it somewhat, or at least just be able to turn the arches around.

So the pictures in this tweet demonstrated this issue:

Now I know why the delegations who are supposed to use the arches are so unhappy, because the LED screen part is no longer shown. No wonder now the arches look so awkward there, because instead of being aligned with the backdrop in the LED screen behind, it's just showing lights. This definitely has an impact on the overall look of the performance.

GermanBango

Oh lord… I hope they’ll be able to fix it at least to some extent. Otherwise (although I don’t think it looks all that bad) it would be a failure of epic proportions. I already had fears that this stage concept might end up being too ambitious…would hate to be right as I think it has the potential to be the best design seen in Eurovision.

Top Bottom