Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Their corruption bothers me. It seems they got caught again this year.
Did we know yet that the irregularities are based on corruption or is it just an assumption you made?
Because other things can happen too, like let’s say someone filled in the wrong points or whatever.
My first thought Russians are behind it, it’s a bit shady that Montenegro is involved and you know who lives there…
Also, we don’t know what exactly went wrong during the voting process, did they all put a specific country last, did they put one first etc. We all don’t know that yet, or did I miss something?

Galandar

remember when your country detained and interrogated people for voting for Armenia lol
Our issues with Armenia are complicated and I do not wanna open this political topic in here. The only thing I can share is that I personally know people who in different years voted for Armenia and they were neither detained nor interrogated.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Did we know yet that the irregularities are based on corruption or is it just an assumption you made?
Because other things can happen too, like let’s say someone filled in the wrong points or whatever.
My first thought Russians are behind it, it’s a bit shady that Montenegro is involved and you know who lives there…
Also, we don’t know what exactly went wrong during the voting process, did they all put a specific country last, did they put one first etc. We all don’t know that yet, or did I miss something?
https://wiwibloggs.com/2013/05/20/lithuanian-press-did-azerbaijan-buy-votes-at-eurovision/27267/ ask yourself why we still do not have the full results for eurovision 2013

Lugano

Just made my account to share some thoughts with you.

I'm mostly dissapointed by the EBU cause of its incosistency. When you decide to cut Russia from the competion (which was the right decision imo), you literally take a stand against war. So, if you are anti-war how can you still allow Azerbaijan-Armenia and Israel to compete in the competion? These are countries with open conflicts. I'm not saying that they should cut these countries (I literally love what they bring in the competion) but how can you refer to your competion as "non-political" when you literally allow politics to be a part of it? Either admit to being political or just keep blindsiding the fans.

Ukraine's victory was not solely political. Yes, the juries helped a lot, but it was the public that voted for Ukraine to win! Were the votes about the quality of the song? Maybe... but let's be honest, most of them were pity-driven. It is what it is. And the worst part is, that Eurovision lost a good bunch of fans today. If EBU keeps the same energy, this is going to become a betting competion...

Those countries aren't blatantly invading another country. Russia isn't banned because it's at war or involved in a military's dispute, it's banned because it's responsible for causing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis.

Secondly, war is more than just politics. You can (try to) ban the political part of war or conflict from the contest in terms of lyrics or acts but that doesn't mean you must also pretend there are no other consequences of said war; like the suffering of a people. Same goes for something like the emancipation of minorities, for example.

Loindici

Veteran
God, I am afraid of whatever is going to happen in the course of next week.

Loindici

Veteran
More because of the latter. It would make the most sense considering what's going on.

Considering UK is also a Big 5 this also makes sense in the replacement hosting rules

LakZaNokte

Yes, Azerbaijan receives a descent amount of money for exporting oil and gas (does it bother you?) and with the current higher prices even more. However, Azerbaijan has more serious issues to deal with and to spend that money for rather than for a song contest. The interest to the contest in Azerbaijan has anyway fallen significantly. So did the budget.
If u spent less and had crappy results year after year, you would be complaining then as well.

TRUST ME :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran

aef

Sheldons performance was so so good tonight. 2 televoting points.. He really deserved more. Feel sorry for him. This song meant so much to him, he really loves Eurovision and he just did so good with his performances.. Shame.
His performance was soo over the top, I don’t know why any casual viewer should have liked this and voted for it.

aef

Lmao Australia came 2nd in the semi so it clearly deserved the final, and unlike Azerbaijan and Switzerland, got a good amount of points from the televote too

😂😂😂

nino77ns

we knew what would happen in advance, where politics gets its fingers in. as this evening ... they stole sms voting and gave it to ukraine ..for a song that is totally irrelevant ... it's not fun. nor something to listen to somewhere cafe in the club .pure nonsense. this was just pity for europe because of the current situation ..to grant them victory if they lost the war

soulm8

The biggest issue with Eurovision always has been people calling it political contest, popularity contest for countries and last night just prove all those people right. I actually don’t mind the Ukraine song, but not a winner material at all, with so many Ukraine people around the Europe right now the televote was expected thats why they had 60% chance of winning (something I don’t remember so far). What was EBU thinking? Now everyone will be happy with taking out Russia and make Ukraine a winner… well, while watching yesterday at our ESC party people were booing, I guess that’s the sound of beauty they were looking for!

Top Bottom