Contact us

Eurovision and the Guiness book of records

Sammy

Veteran
Can somebody explain to me why Eurovision is now in the Guiness Book of Records for being the "Longest Running Annual TV Music Competition", when it was created after the model of the Sanremo Festival which is still running and has been throughout the whole time?

DanielLuis

I don't know, maybe initially San Remo was only broadcasted on the radio?

alca

Was it only me who was expecting him to announce Australia as permanent contestant? I was like "oh no here it comes". I guess they will do that in the next few days.

daniels1000

Can somebody explain to me why Eurovision is now in the Guiness Book of Records for being the "Longest Running Annual TV Music Competition", when it was created after the model of the Sanremo Festival which is still running and has been throughout the whole time?

Probably because mr. Jon Ola Sand has bought that record.

CPV4931

Was it only me who was expecting him to announce Australia as permanent contestant? I was like "oh no here it comes". I guess they will do that in the next few days.

I also was expecting that, because the thing with the "Guiness book" was already known before (some of the Austrian organisers said it @Eurovillage)

Top Bottom