Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Mainshow

Veteran
If you think the BBC will do Ireland any favours :ROFLMAO:

I believe that the EBU somehow wants to "slightly push" :ie: since the :uk: is hosting and it´s always nice to have "close neighbours" in the final (look at :de: and :at: and :ch: , for example).

Also, I think that the Irish entry is quite anthemic. You can sing along to it very easily (it´s really bland, generic and slightly dumb, I´d say) - it´s perfect for being performed before a tiny break, imo. It´s an entry the general public could get behind because it´s so effing beige like :ee: 2019 or :dk: 2011 ... and aren´t Wild Youth kinda "known" in the UK? - I don´t think that the EBU/BBC want well-established and "semi/(lowkey)" popular artists to perform at #2.

HarryUK

I believe that the EBU somehow wants to "slightly push" :ie: since the :uk: is hosting and it´s always nice to have "close neighbours" in the final (look at :de: and :at: and :ch: , for example).

Also, I think that the Irish entry is quite anthemic. You can sing along to it very easily (it´s really bland, generic and slightly dumb, I´d say) - it´s perfect for being performed before a tiny break, imo. It´s an entry the general public could get behind because it´s so effing beige like :ee: 2019 or :dk: 2011 ... and aren´t Wild Youth kinda "known" in the UK? - I don´t think that the EBU/BBC want well-established and "semi/(lowkey)" popular artists to perform at #2.
All those times they gave us 12 points as 'close neighbours', oh wait :ROFLMAO: this isn't Greece & Cyprus

I'd never heard of Wild Youth before, I've never heard anyone talk about them either. From what I've read on social media, apparently their back catalogue is 10x better than their entry and it's apparently embarrassing lol

MopManMoss

Veteran

Liverpool is the closest Eurovision will be to Ireland in the 21st century

esc87fan

I have nothing else to do:

SEMI 1
  1. :no:
  2. :ie:
  3. :hr:
  4. :mt:
  5. :pt:
  6. :lv:
  7. :rs:
  8. :md:
  9. :az:
  10. :il:
  11. :nl:
  12. :se:
  13. :ch:
  14. :cz:
  15. :fi:
SEMI 2
  1. :be:
  2. :ro:
  3. :ee:
  4. :dk:
  5. :gr:
  6. :is:
  7. :am:
  8. :cy:
  9. :pl:
  10. :sm:
  11. :lt:
  12. :sl:
  13. :al:
  14. :at:
  15. :ge:
  16. :au:
The last time Switzerland had to follow the uber-favorite Sweden was in 2015, and poor Mélanie got an undeserved last place with 4 points (lower overall than San Marino and Finland) despite what I thought was a great live performance. I hope the same fate doesn't befall Remo

Mainshow

Veteran
The last time Switzerland had to follow the uber-favorite Sweden was in 2015, and poor Mélanie got an undeserved last place with 4 points (lower overall than San Marino and Finland) despite what I thought was a great live performance. I hope the same fate doesn't befall Remo

"Time To Shine" was one of the worst songs of the entire year - It was a safe NQ (bottom 2 in the semi material) upon arrival, imo.

Betwixt Tales

My running order prediction (not knowing where the breaks in the show will be, or who is bringing what probs for their staging, obvs.)

I've tried separating songs based on female/male/group/duo entries, type of music, and mood, hoping to give each entry a chance to stand out from the song coming before and/or after.

Semi 1:

01. :mt: Malta: The Busker - "Dance (Our Own Party)" [sax-tastic electro-pop bop] – Starting with a happy song to bring people in.
02. :no: Norway: Alessandra - "Queen of Kings" [Eurovision-ish electronic bop]
03. :lv: Latvia: Sudden Lights - "Aijā" [indie-electronic]
04. :hr: Croatia: Let 3 - "Mama ŠČ!" [wacky experimental rock/pop]
05. :rs: Serbia: Luke Black - "Samo mi se spava" [dark electronic]
06. :ie: Ireland: Wild Youth - "We Are One" [pop-rock w. message]
07. :pt: Portugal: Mimicat - "Ai Coração" [theatrical retro]
08. :ch: Switzerland: Remo Forrer - "Watergun" [ballad w. message ]
09. :md: Moldova: Pasha Parfeni - "Soarele și Luna" [ethnic-electronic]
10. :cz: Czechia: Vesna - "My Sister's Crown" [electronic choir w. message]
11. :se: Sweden: Loreen - "Tattoo" [emotional electronic-pop]
12. :az: Azerbaijan: TuralTuranX - "Tell Me More" [indie-folk pop-rock]
13. :il: Israel: Noa Kirel - "Unicorn" [modern big-band electro-pop]
14. :nl: Netherlands: Mia Nicolai & Dion Cooper - "Burning Daylight" [soft-pop]
15. :fi: Finland: Käärijä - "Cha Cha Cha" [thecno-schlager bop] – Hard-hitting ending that will get people psyched up.

Semi 2:

01. :be: Belgium: Gustaph - "Because of You" [gay-tastic electro-disco] – An easy happy song to start it off with.
02. :gr: Greece: Victor Vernicos - "What They Say" [experimental indie-pop]
03. :ee: Estonia: Alika - "Bridges" [piano-and-strings ballad]
04. :ro: Romania: Theodor Andrei - "D.G.T. (Off and On)" [theatrical seducing rock]
05. :am: Armenia: Brunette - "Future Lover" [big-band acapella/rap]
06. :dk: Denmark: Reiley - "Breaking My Heart" [electro-pop bop]
07. :is: Iceland: Diljá - "Power" [electronic drum’n’bass]
08. :cy: Cyprus: Andrew Lambrou - "Break a Broken Heart" [pop-ballad]
09. :sm: San Marino: Piqued Jacks - "Like An Animal" [shouty indie-rock]
10. :lt: Lithuania: Monika Linkytė - "Stay" [soul-pop ballad]
11. :sl: Slovenia: Joker Out - "Carpe Diem" [indie-rock bop]
12. :ge: Georgia: Iru - "Echo" [ethnic electro]
13. :pl: Poland: Blanka - "Solo" [summer-pop bop]
14. :al: Albania: Albina & Familja Kelmendi - "Duje" [electronic balkan-ballad]
15. :at: Austria: Teya & Salena - "Who The Hell Is Edgar?" [silly electro pop-rock]
16. :au: Australia: Voyager - "Promise" [instrumental-experimental heavy rock/pop] – Ending with a loud bang to wake people up.

I'm really excited to see what the official running order will be. "Only" 13 hours until the reveal. xyaay

Bobjan FR

I'm expecting :

SF1 : Malta opens, and maybe Israel close (or is in 14th)
SF2 : Belgium opens, australia close

I wonder if they will "punish" the cheating countries of last year...

Schlagerman1

It is hard to guess the running order, since we don't know what exactly all delegations are planning when it comes to staging and such. I am sure, some of the performers with bigger props will be put after breaks, which usually has been after the 6th and 12th song, to ensure that they get time to set the stage ready in time. But since we got a bit fewer nations this time around, they might have been moved. But, let's guess anyway, with the thought that the breaks are at the same places this year, just for fun.

Semi 1:
1. :ie:
2. :hr:
3. :pt:
4. :lv:
5. :no:
6. :mt:
- Break -
7. :rs:
8. :az:
9. :md:
10. :nl:
11. :fi:
12. :cz:
- Break -
13. :se:
14. :ch:
15. :il:

Semi 2:
1. :is:
2. :ro:
3. :be:
4. :dk:
5. :ee:
6. :cy:
- Break -
7. :am:
8. :gr:
9. :al:
10. :sm:
11. :pl:
12. :ge:
- Break -
13. :au:
14. :sl:
15. :lt:
16. :at:

gigi_copp3

I won't be there for Semifinals: I will be in Florence and I'm supposed to miss them...

HarryUK

Not Eurovisioncast (an official BBC podcast) asking the question “who has the worst song this year?”

Spoiler alert; they chose Romania

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not Eurovisioncast (an official BBC podcast) asking the question “who has the worst song this year?”

Spoiler alert; they chose Romania
Badly phrased question but no bbc employee gave an answer it was the guy from Eurovision hub, Alesia Michelle and some random scouser

Top Bottom