Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

A-lister

Veteran
As long as they pay proper respect to Ukraine and have them properly involved and represented in the show, postcards, presentations etc. I don't really care where the show is.

Although Edinburgh would be nice, but someone said they don't have an arena?

Ali_

As long as they pay proper respect to Ukraine and have them properly involved and represented in the show, postcards, presentations etc. I don't really care where the show is.

Although Edinburgh would be nice, but someone said they don't have an arena?
Yeah, Edinburgh doesn’t have an arena.

rasmuslights

Veteran
i really don't care about the rule... actually i'm in favour of it.

songs like macedonia 2017, finland 2018 would've sounded way better with it.

Chrisiam

Personally I'm not a fan of it. But given how great Portugal's entry sounded this year with the live vocals I feel that it might be more of a disadvantage to not do it live than to have pre-recorded vocals.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally I'm not a fan of it. But given how great Portugal's entry sounded this year with the live vocals I feel that it might be more of a disadvantage to not do it live than to have pre-recorded vocals.

Pre-recorded vocals made :md: and :az: 2021 qualify, though.

EscGeek

Veteran
I was naive enough to believe that this rule was a one off, but I don't really care that much.. I'm fine either way xshrug.

Ideally each delegation would be free to choose whether they want pre-recorded vocals or not. Based on what they feel would be a better sell to the audience.

12Pointsgoto.....

Random, and I don't know why, but it would be cool if one year soon we see a points tie for the top. Imagine the drama, and the countback process. The likelihood of a tie is very low but it would be cool.
Well the last time we were really surprised with the winner was 2011, and that was a disaster. I remember being in the arena and just everyone being so confused when Azerbaijan won. I didn't expect it to qualify, let alone win the entire thing. They were not a fan favourite and somehow managed to win the televote and come 2nd in the jury

Mainshow

Veteran
Well the last time we were really surprised with the winner was 2011, and that was a disaster. I remember being in the arena and just everyone being so confused when Azerbaijan won. I didn't expect it to qualify, let alone win the entire thing. They were not a fan favourite and somehow managed to win the televote and come 2nd in the jury

:az: 2011 was somehow a "surprising" winner but I highly disagree with the fandom´s narrative that it was completely out of the blue:
"Running Scared" was inside the Top 4 in the betting odds - even ahead of Sweden - two weeks before the actually contest - only France (#1). the United Kingdom (#2) and Estonia (#3) were ahead of them and honestly, after watching the performances of France and the UK and even Estonia, it was very easy to tell that none of them would be winning the contest. - :az: highly improved their chances to win during the rehearsals - it´s a song which came alive on stage that night whereas - especially France and the UK failed to do so.

I can also remember Lena saying that :az: was one of her favourite songs (together with :uk:)

One day before the final, :az: even climbed to the #3 position in the odds (only France and Ireland were ahead).

The reason why the German audience was "so confused when Azerbiajan won" was because none of them had ever heard of that country before :D

Top Bottom