Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Loindici

Veteran
I think since the circumstances of 2022's results seem special, it's interesting to see how the 2023 contest will unfold.

AlekS

Veteran
Ministers of certain countries (including the UK) have already called our government and offered their help to organize the contest in Ukraine.

The mayor of Kyiv said they're ready to host.

Ianp16

It would be nice if a long standing, non-winning ESC participant could host next year. It's been a while since we've had a first-time eastern european host. UK and Sweden would be cool but I fancy something different.

SarahM

Random, and I don't know why, but it would be cool if one year soon we see a points tie for the top. Imagine the drama, and the countback process. The likelihood of a tie is very low but it would be cool.
I'd love for a random song to win defying all odds too. The top 5 this year was very predictable (as much as I liked them)!

HarryUK

Random, and I don't know why, but it would be cool if one year soon we see a points tie for the top. Imagine the drama, and the countback process. The likelihood of a tie is very low but it would be cool.
As long as the UK is not involved. There was a defibrillator on standby at our party this year, god knows what we'd need next year if that happened!

StephenMuckle

There is a huge possibility that Ukraine wins again in 2023 but with a smaller margin than 200+ points over second placed country like this year.

I'd like to think this year was just a one off. If this happens again, then more people, and broadcasters will stop taking the contest seriously and believe that no other country has a chance of winning for the foreseeable future.

HarryUK

Can my dream team now be announced as hosts?!

Graham Norton, Petra Mede, Anke Engelke and Timur Miroshnychenko

One could be the green room host. Not sure which though, maybe Timur?

Lindon

The dream team for sure.

theditz83

Veteran
The hype in my friends group right now is off the charts with the EBU announcement in the media and plenty of rumours going around that my home city, Glasgow, has the potential opportunity to host. I will literally cry if that happens, no joke.

OVO Hydro is a great concert arena, and it's unique shape and design would make an eye-catching spectacle for sure (anyone not familiar with the arena just needs to refer back to the Will Ferrell Eurovision movie, when they lazily superimposed the Hydro into Edinburgh as the venue for the contest in the film).

Hopefully we get some news soon 🤞🏻

Ezio

Veteran

Petra Mede for green room and Anke for points announcements, Timur is good to go to flirt with Martin Österdahl.

Top Bottom