empo21

Veteran
Potential 2023 slogan leak

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Potential 2023 slogan leak

Can we ban Slogans.

2009>>>> for not having a slogan at all.

Lindon

Martin Österdahl has defended Russia's continuing exclusion from the competition. The move was harsh and still is, said Martin Österdahl, speaking to ABBA singer Björn Ulvaeus on BBC Radio 4.

However, he said the measure was justified. "Even if we don't see ourselves as political, we should always stand up for the basic and ultimate values of democracy," he said.

"This will be a Eurovision Song Contest that upholds the values we are talking about: Solidarity, caring, uniting through music," Österdahl said.

Mainshow

Veteran
Even though that's still some sort of accomplishment it feels rather unnatural.
Just look at how many ranks all other Spanish entries jumped... Spain 2009 climbed like 400 places? All of a sudden?

Kudos to all Spanish fans for pushing their entires, though. That's the epitome of dedication!

Mainshow

Veteran
It honestly feels a bit surreal and ironic.

Fans usually complaining about politics, diaspora, neighbours in terms of televoting in Eurovision whilst heavily supporting their own country's song in a fan voting to determine the favourite songs of the fanbase...

I'm torn... it's interesting to see a new #1 but it also seems a bit desperate and pathetic... I mean, what's the point of lowkey sabotaging a "non-competitive" and harmless fan voting which was meant to be fun to see your own country's thrive and get boosted?

I'd probably be voting for "Taken By a Stranger" and maybe even "River" (because it's new) but that's it.
I don't have to "lie to myself" to boost my patriotism.

Mainshow

Veteran
:es:
#1 (New) 2022 Chanel
#8 (9) 2003 Beth
#11 (17) 2012 Pastora Soler
#33 (71) 2013 Ruth Lorenzo
#40 (54) 1995 Anabel Conde
#44 (547) 2009 Soraya
#59 (99) 1973 Mocedades
#108 (80) 1990 Azucar Moreno
#128 (271) 2016 Barei
#159 (326) 1971 Karina
#186 (441) 2015 Edurne
#206 (400) 2004 Rosa

A flop entry from 2009 jumping 503 places is a choice xD

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
:es:
#1 (New) 2022 Chanel
#8 (9) 2003 Beth
#11 (17) 2012 Pastora Soler
#33 (71) 2013 Ruth Lorenzo
#40 (54) 1995 Anabel Conde
#44 (547) 2009 Soraya
#59 (99) 1973 Mocedades
#108 (80) 1990 Azucar Moreno
#128 (271) 2016 Barei
#159 (326) 1971 Karina
#186 (441) 2015 Edurne
#206 (400) 2004 Rosa

A flop entry from 2009 jumping 503 places is a choice xD
And Azucar Moreno being the only one that drops in the ranking just shows how random this whole thing is..:LOL:

harey

I'm very disappointed by all that because I try to vote for songs I like, I don't push my own country's entries and it feels like some people stormed all the vote on a nationalistic way. To be honest, we know that it isn't the first year, but the amount of new voters just put the needed amount of points so high that older songs who don't benefit a coordinate vote will just struggle to make it to the top. I don't really care who is top ten, I love esc250 because we can put songs we genuinely like and hope to listen to them on the countdown but it will become more and more difficult, and I wouldn't be so sad if it weren't because of spam-voting people.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
SloMo is good but nowhere near deserving of being number 1. Collective effort to vote your own countries entries higher up the rank defeats the whole purpose of it.

edit: and on top of it, lets not forget many Spanish eurofans hating her and sending death threats because she beat that other weird song.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
SloMo is good but nowhere near deserving of being number 1. Collective effort to vote your own countries entries higher up the rank defeats the whole purpose of it.

edit: and on top of it, lets not forget many Spanish eurofans hating her and sending death threats because she beat that other weird song.
I was personally devvoed that Tanxugueiras didn't win. That was stunning.

Lindon

Well, that didn't age well. Believe what they do, not what they sing:
Decree by President Volodymyr Selensky: According to this decree, sanctions such as entry bans or asset freezes were imposed on a total of 119 Russians and Ukrainians.

ORF reports today:
The list also includes singer Polina Gagarina, who has been known to an international audience since her Song Contest performance in 2015. In the singing competition held in Vienna, Gagarina ended up in second place, with votes for her being acknowledged by loud boos from the audience.

Gagarina burst into tears and was consoled by co host and last year's winner Conchita. After Russia's aggression against Ukraine, Gagarina sang at a large concert in Moscow in March 2022, "celebrating" the eighth anniversary of Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimean peninsula in violation of international law.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Can we please stop calling a televote „democracy“ please?
democracy is about ideas, eurovision is about taste
democracy is about decisions to be taken in the future, eurovison is about songs that just happened
democracy is within a political system, eurovision is within an entertainment system (even if there might be politics in it, the system itself is not)
democracy is about electing human beeings, eurovision is about songs
in democracy, you have one vote, in eurovision you have 20 that you can give to different songs.
democracy serves to decide who governs a country for several years, eurovison serves to decide who the fandom is taliking about a couple of weeks
democracy demands a certain age, eurovison demands to have a cellphone
also: democracy is free, eurovision votes are to be paid for
the laws of democracy are set by the constitution which is quite difficult to change and requires transparacy and a referendum, the eurovision rules on the other hand are changed every now and then by people who have no mandate by the public and without the public having a say.

Giving a vote (e.g.) opinion on something does not make a process automatically „democratic“ just as not every place people eat at is called a restaurant.
Democracy means Power by the People

It doesn't have a more elaborate definition than that. The power can be exacted in any circumstance.

Top Bottom