Veteran
Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

oops wrong thread

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
re: running order

I´m quite surprised to see :al: perform at #10 - Did EBU finally get the memo that giving the death slot to the same country twice in a row is shabby? - :it: at #11 is no surprise. I can´t believe a few of you wanted :it: to be #2 or #4... he´s one of the most successful and well-established artists this year, :it: has basically been Top 10 in the odds all the time and since it´s a Big 5 country - a very early slot was "very unlikely".

What I don´t get is that they let two ballads follow each other :it: and :ee: or two songs performed by two male bands in South Slavic languages :sl: and :hr: . Didn´t the EBU introduce this "running order procedure" to ensure that such things wouldn´t be happening so that each and every song can "shine on stage"?

But overall, I think that the flow or pace of the show will be intriguing and on point.

aef

I think it will do alot better with juries than expected not just ex yugo but the baltics / georgia / ukraine
So you‘re expecting :ge: being :ge: and proving their extraordinary taste by giving high jury points to :hr:? 😏😏

aef

re: running order

I´m quite surprised to see :al: perform at #10 - Did EBU finally get the memo that giving the death slot to the same country twice in a row is shabby? - :it: at #11 is no surprise. I can´t believe a few of you wanted :it: to be #2 or #4... he´s one of the most successful and well-established artists this year, :it: has basically been Top 10 in the odds all the time and since it´s a Big 5 country - a very early slot was "very unlikely".

What I don´t get is that they let two ballads follow each other :it: and :ee: or two songs performed by two male bands in South Slavic languages :sl: and :hr: . Didn´t the EBU introduce this "running order procedure" to ensure that such things wouldn´t be happening so that each and every song can "shine on stage"?

But overall, I think that the flow or pace of the show will be intriguing and on point.
:it: song ist the weakest entry since 2014 no matter what you’re telling me and how established Marco is. I hope :it: finds the way back to contemporary music again next year.

StephenMuckle

Not sure if people agree but the EBU'S decision to deny Zelenskyy an appearance could have inadvertently handed Ukraine another victory. It might well trigger a protest vote of some description.

aef

Hahaha i just watched the :fr: postcard - how French can a postcard probably be?

Btw the postcards this year are so good, I like them so much. My favourite ones together with 2021.

I also just watched :fr: jury performance. Oh boy, I have nothing positive to say about this so I will just stay quiet. Vocals gave me a really uncomfortable feeling.

Kant1

Hahaha i just watched the :fr: postcard - how French can a postcard probably be?

Btw the postcards this year are so good, I like them so much. My favourite ones together with 2021.
She's trying to be as French as possible because the gutter press is writing rags about her every two days

Ukrainian band makes a cover and a video of Mama ŠČ!, the like Let 3 would have most probably shot had they not had to follow "apolitical" rules.

🇺🇦🇭🇷

NemesisNick

Today is Saturday 13 May 2023 - the second Saturday of May 2023. The Eurovision Song Contest 2023 Grand Final takes place at Liverpool Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom tonight, starting at 20:00 BST. The 26 countries taking part tonight, in order of performance, will be:

Austria, Portugal, Switzerland, Poland, Serbia, France, Cyprus, Spain, Sweden, Albania, Italy, Estonia, Finland, Czechia, Australia, Belgium, Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Norway, Germany, Lithuania, Israel, Slovenia, Croatia, United Kingdom.

Of course, as a UK citizen, I would like Mae Muller to win tonight with the UK's entry "I Wrote a Song", especially as it's now 26 years since the UK last won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997. However if betting odds are anything to go by, the one country most likely to win tonight is Sweden, with Loreen - "Tattoo". Sweden is the current favourite to win, with a 53% of winning at the time of me writing this post. Finland is currently second in the odds to win, and the United Kingdom is currently ninth in the bettng odds to win. Still, bookies' odds aren't the be all and end all; anything could happen tonight.

Good luck to all 26 finalists in Liverpool tonight. May the best song win.

lasse braun

Actually me too. I will fall into a huge hole. We need to wait until Albania's NF starts at the end of the year. :ROFLMAO:
you can join the SCC (second chance contest) at esc-kompakt - this huge game goes from may to november! and you can support your failed songs per example the spain metalband ect.
lasses top3 (from 10) this year is the furious rumba from serbia - than karmento from spain and krut from ukraine.
this game brings a lot of fun and discussions too.
xqueenbitch

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
It is ESC Grand Final day, yay! xcheer

I have finally managed to make a ranking list of my top favourites for this GF, a top 8:

1. :se: Sweden (the best song and a unique artist, my winner)
2. :no: Norway (great song and powerful performance)
3. :il: Israel (melodic song and energetic performance)
4. :fr: France (great combination of modern and classic)
5. :it: Italy (good melody and a professional singer)
6. :md: Moldova (cool ethno-vibes and performance)
7. :uk: United Kingdom (groovy pop-rhythms, catchy stuff)
8. :al: Albania (cool ethno-cultural entry and performance)

And so I would be happy with any of these 8 as winner but mostly, of course, if those at the top of my ranking list conquered.

Who do I not want to win? Well, as I have mentioned elsewhere I am not fond of Finland (for me it is a somewhat cheap entry with hardly any melody based on a sex-vibed outrageous show-factor, not my cup of tea) who are said to be among the favourites, but above all I do hope with all my ESC-heart that the atrocity from Croatia does not win.

A Norwegian media-commentator said Croatia in 2023 is one of the most awful entries in ESC in the past years and I tend to agree. Hopefully the juries will see sense and the ESC-gods will be with us because I fear many people around Europe will give it (too) many votes due to it being a 100% show-entry, it stands out and many just want a fun entry in ESC regardless of quality in vocals or performance.

Around 01:00 CET tonight we will know which country has conquered when jury and televotes are combined. Good luck to all, especially to you, Alessandra and Loreen! xup

SpiritofKeiino

I also just watched :fr: jury performance. Oh boy, I have nothing positive to say about this so I will just stay quiet. Vocals gave me a really uncomfortable feeling.
The momentum and hype that built up around the time of the 1st rehearsal really stopped didn't it?
I think the producers know this too hence 6th in the RO.

nudiecrudi

:it: song ist the weakest entry since 2014 no matter what you’re telling me and how established Marco is. I hope :it: finds the way back to contemporary music again next year.
What does it mean contemporary music?
Do you have any idea what are you talking about?
A ballad can't be contemporary according to you?
Only up beats songs are contemporary? Which are the contemporary songs this year? Genres we haven't ever listened or sounds we have haven't heard or dance routines ever done before. Luke Black? He can hardly sing. Kaarija? Loreen?
The charts are full of different genres, all considered contemporary.
It's a high quality song. It's contemporary
It's modern.
Filling stadiums, arenas and concert halls all over Italy and Europe means being contemporary. Tell me who from your so called contemporary esc artists could do this. Most of them will have a one shot celebrity moment in ESC but hey they were "contemporary".

Top Bottom