Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

nudiecrudi

Gotta say: The stage is looking really awesome.
I've read so many critics from ESC bubble. Some ESC fans are incredible and negative. Pretending to see everything perfectly staged as the final one. Nobody knew how much the kinetic sun was going to move and now after the news that the sun has some technical problems and that, maybe it will not move as much as was thought, people are being so weird.

marty

I've read so many critics from ESC bubble. Some ESC fans are incredible and negative. Pretending to see everything perfectly staged as the final one. Nobody knew how much the kinetic sun was going to move and now after the news that the sun has some technical problems and that, maybe it will not move as much as was thought, people are being so weird.
people always are weird about nothing.

Ajeje Brazorf

Yeah, I agree. But the same thing happened last year when Destiny, Lesley and Roxen repeated their performances for sound issues. I remember some fans being quite aggressive in the comments with the organization. Then after the show it's all kisses and congratulations.

This happens every year, so nothing to really worry about.

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

I doubt RAI will leave one of their main gimmicks broken. It will probably get fixed until the live shows.

Yeah, I think they will do everything they can to fix this problem too... Clearly there isn't so much time left before the shows and we don't know what the actual problem really is, but they will surely try something.

ESC94

I'm really looking forward to all the interval acts, and what makes me even more happy ist that after many years we'll have an ESC without Måns Zelmerlöw!! I never thought this day would happen again!! xcheer

Grazie mile Italia!! :it:

Last edited:

Deleted member 12761

Yeah, the negativity is just too much. We're in the rehearsals. Of course some things won't work. They have so much experience I'm sure they're going to fix it. It's the reason why I have stopped visiting some sites. I can't stand the comments anymore.

Chiarina

I should have come here today instead of twitter, all this positivity is so refreshing and beautiful.
Hopefully Rai or Ebu will release a statement soon to explain the issue and they'll try to fix it. Still, the pictures with the sun turned on the side with the lights are quite nice so if it stays this way I don't think it will be so bad

esc87fan

I for one am trying hard not to be spoiled by the rehearsals, I want to be surprised when I see the live shows

ag89

I always supported the idea of having closed for public rehearsals because Euro fans have a tendency to either be super negative or to judge the whole thing based on 30 seconds long snippets. So in a way I am glad we have no proper first rehearsals videos. Who are we to judge before we see the whole thing?! Chill.

On the other hand I still think Tittok idea is not the brightest because it killed the hype: they could have done more with Youtube and still without showing rehearsals clips... If that was their aim...to help artists a bit more to survive judgments before the actual show.

I guess their aim was to bring more youth to the contest because Tiktok is used mostly by youth and those we call influencers, but still... That did nothing for Eurovision fan community. Like many of you, I also have no account there nor plan to make it just to see 7 seconds of video with not substance behind it.

Also, I am sad the see the amount of negativity towards the stage and the issues the organizers are facing: aren't we supposed to support organizers, as Euro fans, and hope for the best instead of wishing them all the worst and write horrible messages on social media including "Fix the stage stupid Italians", "You don't deserve Eurovision", "Cancel the show", etc. It's for me embarrassing to realize we both call ourselves Eurovision fans although it seems half of the community screams of negativity. I am sure they are trying their best to fix the issues and create the best event possible, why is so hard to support them and let them know we wish them all the best instead of attacking organizers and the team behind the stage?

crashworld

Veteran
I guess their aim was to bring more youth to the contest because Tiktok is used mostly by youth and those we call influencers, but still... That did nothing for Eurovision fan community. Like many of you, I also have no account there nor plan to make it just to see 7 seconds of video with not substance behind it.

Actually, one doesn't have to create an account to watch the clips on TikTok. This is the misconception that alot of people have.

ag89

Actually, one doesn't have to create an account to watch the clips on TikTok. This is the misconception that alot of people have.
Aa ok, I didn't know that, but I am still not planning to watch videos there, I got used to Youtube and Instagram when it comes to Eurovision.

crashworld

Veteran
Aa ok, I didn't know that, but I am still not planning to watch videos there, I got used to Youtube and Instagram when it comes to Eurovision.

I get that. Personally, I am not a fan of TikTok too. Prefer Youtube because I can't stand vertically-shot videos. But I still give in and watch them because I just want to see these teasers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12761

Tik Tok is more active. They already have more followers on Tik Tok than on Twitter and they have been on Twitter for ages. I use both TT and YT and have no problems with that. For longer videos like the House Parties YT is better. For Teasers TT.

eurovizian

I'm really lookking forward to all the interval acts, and what makes me even more happy ist that after many years we'll have an ESC without Måns Zelmerlöw!! I never thought this day would happen again!! xcheer

Grazie mile Italia!! :it:
I'll believe it when I see it. If anything, he will probably deliver the the Swedish votes. The curse is not easily broken.

ESC94

Looren

Veteran
Top Bottom