Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Lance Esgard

TikTok (know for very short, snappy videos among other things) is a good fit for the brief, almost contentless snippets that pass for the first officially released Eurovision footage, even setting aside the aspiration to target younger people.

In relation the first rehearsals, its possible that what ends up happening is that while the press at large won't see first rehearsals but a very select group of trusted representatives of the press are invited to private screenings to give feedback in private. There is certainly precedent for that in how some have been selected to participate in internal selection processes to give feedback on submissions. (As in those cases, there remain issues about how representative said people are of how the general public responds).

That approach would let delegations would want more feedback when it is easier to change things to get that feedback, whilst avoiding less constructive comments or footage being leaked which could lead to the aforementioned or be against any media strategy/promotional strategy in place. Especially as no feedback at all will only delay the negativity with less of an opportunity to improve the staging.

Last edited:

harey

So I'm doing for the third year a little eurovison voting with some family members and friends. I dispatch them in semi-finals, they vote, and then everyone is voting in the grand finale (they send me their tops without knowing everyone else's points).

And right now I'm getting points for the finale and my biggest shock is Malta doing very well (Belgium too). Maybe it will be a surprise for esc fans and could do well at the contest with casual viewers.

I've got half of the votes for the GF and the current top 10 is: Belgium, Ukraine, France, Moldova, Latvia, Malta, Iceland, Italy, Estonia and Finland.

Our top in 2021 was Iceland, France, Russia, Lithuania and Finland : https://lapileeclectique.wordpress.com/2021/05/02/on-a-fait-leclectivision-2021/12/

Last edited:

marty

So I'm doing for the third year a little eurovison voting with some family members and friends. I dispatch them in semi-finals, they vote, and then everyone is voting in the grand finale (they send me their tops without knowing everyone else's points).

And right now I'm getting points for the finale and my biggest shock is Malta doing very well (Belgium too). Maybe it will be a surprise for esc fans and could do well at the contest with casual viewers.

Our top in 2021 was Iceland, France, Russia, Lithuania and Finland : https://lapileeclectique.wordpress.com/2021/05/02/on-a-fait-leclectivision-2021/12/
this is really sweet xcry

esc87fan

HarryUK

I can't bring myself to watch the American Song Contest so I doubt I'll watch the Canadian one. At least we may have some French I suppose?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Realest

Eurovision is inflating nowadays.

I'm so happy Diodato will perform at Eurovision. Fai rumore is such a beautiful song and it always brings me to tears.

And after his "fai rumore" pam pa pa ra ra ram "vi conviene stare zitti e buoni". And they are louder than him. So many contrasts. 🤣

Grinch

I've only recently started to listen 2022 entries and it seems like there are so many uptempo songs this year. Haven't seen any that screams "winner" yet tho.

esc87fan

I can't bring myself to watch the American Song Contest so I doubt I'll watch the Canadian one. At least we may have some French I suppose?
Unlike the American version where so far the jury qualifiers have literally been the same type of song (a pop or guitar-driven country ballad), we've got lots of diversity here. French is of course big in Quebec, but also in the Acadian parts of the country like New Brunswick. Country is pretty much dominant in the Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba), the East Coast (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland) have a lot of folk music derived from Scottish and Irish sounds, and in the territories like Nunavut there's Inuit music like throat singing. BC and Ontario pretty much run the gamut of everything

esc87fan

CONFIRMED: Il Volo (Italy 2015) will be an interval act during the second semifinal

spinachpie

Is audience interaction forbidden by Eurovision rules?

The first time I really saw anything like it was last year with San Marino.

Considering the fans on the night of the final will be the most passionate, they will know so many words from the acts' songs. It would be interesting to see some acts leverage that by encouraging fans to join in the chorus etc.

Not saying it will make a great performance or anything like that, but it will make a song appear as though it's more popular than it may be.

Top Bottom