Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Bobjan FR

I realized, if israel take part, it's gonna be the first time there is a difference of two voting countries between the semi-finals. 19 voting in SF1, 21 voting in SF2.

crashworld

Veteran
29 artists of class 2022 will perform in Spain's PreParty held in Madrid.
Konstrakta from Serbia was forced to pull out due to health reasons (ironic considering the amount of handwashing she has done. #j/k).
  • Albania – Ronela Hajati
  • Armenia – Rosa Linn
  • Australia – Sheldon Riley (via recorded performance)
  • Azerbaijan – Nadir Rustamli
  • Belgium – Jérémie Makiese
  • Croatia – Mia Dimšić
  • Cyprus – Andromache (via recorded performance)
  • Czech Republic – We Are Domi
  • Denmark – REDDI
  • Estonia – Stefan
  • Finland – The Rasmus
  • France – Alvan & Ahez
  • Germany – Malik Harris
  • Georgia – Circus Mircus
  • Iceland – Systur
  • Ireland – Brooke
  • Latvia – Citi Zēni
  • Lithuania – Monika Liu
  • Malta – Emma Muscat
  • Moldova – Zdob și Zdub and Frații Advahov
  • Montenegro – Vladana
  • North Macedonia – Andrea
  • Norway – Subwoolfer
  • Poland – Ochman
  • Romania – WRS
  • Sweden – Cornelia Jakobs
  • Switzerland – Marius Bear
  • Ukraine – Kalush Orchestra
  • United Kingdom – Sam Ryder
Source:

Sammy

Veteran
Just managed to finally watch the animation of the stage. This really looks good!

empo21

Veteran
Exciting that we're getting new live performances from Azerbaijan and Cyprus (prerecorded although)

crashworld

Veteran

Eurovision House Party - Episode 1

3 episodes across 3 weeks (15, 22 and 29 Apr). All artists were invited to record alternate versions of their Eurovision entries, covers of other Eurovision songs and, in some cases, original material, to contribute towards the House Party for your delight and delectation.

Source:

crashworld

Veteran
29 artists of class 2022 will perform in Spain's PreParty held in Madrid.
Konstrakta from Serbia was forced to pull out due to health reasons (ironic considering the amount of handwashing she has done. #j/k).
  • Albania – Ronela Hajati
  • Armenia – Rosa Linn
  • Australia – Sheldon Riley (via recorded performance)
  • Azerbaijan – Nadir Rustamli
  • Belgium – Jérémie Makiese
  • Croatia – Mia Dimšić
  • Cyprus – Andromache (via recorded performance)
  • Czech Republic – We Are Domi
  • Denmark – REDDI
  • Estonia – Stefan
  • Finland – The Rasmus
  • France – Alvan & Ahez
  • Germany – Malik Harris
  • Georgia – Circus Mircus
  • Iceland – Systur
  • Ireland – Brooke
  • Latvia – Citi Zēni
  • Lithuania – Monika Liu
  • Malta – Emma Muscat
  • Moldova – Zdob și Zdub and Frații Advahov
  • Montenegro – Vladana
  • North Macedonia – Andrea
  • Norway – Subwoolfer
  • Poland – Ochman
  • Romania – WRS
  • Sweden – Cornelia Jakobs
  • Switzerland – Marius Bear
  • Ukraine – Kalush Orchestra
  • United Kingdom – Sam Ryder
Source:

PreParty Youtube Livestream Link on 16-Apr:

Welcome PreParty Youtube Livestream Link on 15-Apr:

midnightsun

Veteran

Alina meeting some ESC participants. Funny stuff in here, contestants learning some German words, also Pia Marie can actually sing live, Malik Harris telling us he has a secret challenge when he answers completely opposite stuff to the same questions of different interviewers (lol) and The Rasmus teaching Alina a Finnish word she is not too happy about (lol 2).

ESC94

Alina meeting some ESC participants. Funny stuff in here, contestants learning some German words, also Pia Marie can actually sing live, Malik Harris telling us he has a secret challenge when he answers completely opposite stuff to the same questions of different interviewers (lol) and The Rasmus teaching Alina a Finnish word she is not too happy about (lol 2).

My highlights were of course Krystin (cute es f**k) n Stefan saying "Arschloch". :ROFLMAO:

Anyone interested in a WatchAlong Each Sat and Sun at 8pm BST so 9 CEST to help countdown the weekends until ESC 2022 Grand Final, sorry if this is wrong forum to post this in, I am Brand New to ESC United forums :)

Deleted member 12761

I've been wondering a lot about the future of the Contest lately. Here in Germany there is a discussion about the death of traditional tv. Even the big broadcasters are starting to struggle and popular shows have low ratings. Younger people especially are moving on to streaming. I wonder how the streaming era is gonna impact the contest. Right now you can watch the ESC on youtube I think but this has a negative effect on ratings. Eventually they will have to find a solution. I thought it would be cool if they made an eurovision streaming service or unite with a popular streaming service like the WWE did in the US. It would be cool if Eurovision would become a platform. They could give us more content even after the show and let artists promote themselves and their music. I'm not sure how realistic this is but yeah, streaming is changing everything. The market is becoming more fragmented, too. Everything is becoming a niche.

Lance Esgard

I've been wondering a lot about the future of the Contest lately. Here in Germany there is a discussion about the death of traditional tv. Even the big broadcasters are starting to struggle and popular shows have low ratings. Younger people especially are moving on to streaming. I wonder how the streaming era is gonna impact the contest. Right now you can watch the ESC on youtube I think but this has a negative effect on ratings. Eventually they will have to find a solution. I thought it would be cool if they made an eurovision streaming service or unite with a popular streaming service like the WWE did in the US. It would be cool if Eurovision would become a platform. They could give us more content even after the show and let artists promote themselves and their music. I'm not sure how realistic this is but yeah, streaming is changing everything. The market is becoming more fragmented, too. Everything is becoming a niche.
Well here in Australia the two public broadcasters both have their own streaming services (ABC iView and SBS OnDemand) where live feeds of the channels are combined with on demand video streaming. That's the direction I expect other public broadcasters will at some point or another have to go further down.

As other public broadcasters do more in terms of streaming, Eurovision content would increasingly be content provided to stream on said platforms.

Sammy

Veteran

Zdub si Zdob knowing „Koa Hiatamadl“ by the austrian singer Hubert von Goisern is quite surprising!

goncalovieira

Guys, finally my enthusiasm is growing about this year's edition.
While it will be my first year working full-time, I am starting to feel a bit anxious about the real chance of "not taking" part of the process from the rehearsals to the post-Eurovision depression.
I do not know if I am being a bit silly, but it is a very genuine feeling.

EscGeek

Veteran
Guys, finally my enthusiasm is growing about this year's edition.
While it will be my first year working full-time, I am starting to feel a bit anxious about the real chance of "not taking" part of the process from the rehearsals to the post-Eurovision depression.
I do not know if I am being a bit silly, but it is a very genuine feeling.
omg, same :lol:

but i'll take a week off during the eurovision week:cool:

popavapeur

another day of me being mediocre bored as hell till the rehearsals begin

it's almost there but not quite at the same time it's driving me nuts and when it comes you just have time to breathe it's already the end >(

Chiarina

After a few weeks of not touching my top 40 I erased everything and started from scratch using the recap video on the Eurovision yt channel and I'm baffled by how much my top 10 has changed in the last month

crashworld

Veteran
I have a feeling that we won't feel the hype of the contest this year as per usual considering we won't get anything substantial until 2nd rehearsals. Am I correct to say that the accredited press can still access 1st rehearsals via online but the 1st rehearsals won't be broadcasted in the physical press centre viewing room?

marty

I have a feeling that we won't feel the hype of the contest this year as per usual considering we won't get anything substantial until 2nd rehearsals. Am I correct to say that the accredited press can still access 1st rehearsals via online but the 1st rehearsals won't be broadcasted in the physical press centre viewing room?
In my eyes there should not be any press coverage about the rehearsals, at least not about the first rehearsals.

crashworld

Veteran
From Eurovision official website:
  • Friday 30 April - Tuesday 3 May: 1st Artist Rehearsals - Closed to Press - no online streaming
  • Wednesday 4 May - Saturday 7 May: 2nd Artist Rehearsals - Closed to Press in Arena - rehearsals streamed on-site and online in Press Centre.
  • Thursday 5 May: Big 5 1st Artist Rehearsals - Closed to Press - no online streaming
  • Saturday 7 May: Big 5 2nd Artist Rehearsals - Closed to Press in Arena - rehearsals streamed on-site and online in Press Centre
  • Tuesday 10 May - Saturday 14 May:
    1st Dress Rehearsals - Open to Press in Arena - streamed on-site and online in Press Centre
    2nd Dress Rehearsals - Closed to Press in Arena - streamed on-site and online in Press Centre
    3rd Dress Rehearsals - Closed to Press in Arena - streamed on-site and online in Press Centre
    Live Shows - Closed to Press in Arena - streamed on-site and online in Press Centre (unless accredited press is in possession of a ticket or in the A or B Photographer Pool)
Source:

So we will not get anything substantial until 2nd rehearsals. However, we may get something from TikTok for the 1st rehearsals.

Top Bottom