Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mauve

Veteran
Let's hope that ESC 2022 will be held in Finland ... :whistle:

7488f8603f785b16691679afe21c1ec93803e4ec.gifv

Loindici

Veteran
It's gonna be in Italy, so... either it's gonna be hosted in one of those big arenas or a smaller one -- which makes Ariston somehow eligible for this purpose.

Chrisiam

If "Nel blu, dipinto di blu" doesn't feature at some point during the contest next year I'm going to riot.

ESCConor

So where does everyone think about the host city in Italy next year?

I mean there is so many possibilites.

Mimmon

Veteran
Milan,Bologa,Pesaro and Turin has expressed the interest to host Eurovision Song Contest 2022

SOURCES:

rasmuslights

Veteran
It's gonna be in Italy, so... either it's gonna be hosted in one of those big arenas or a smaller one -- which makes Ariston somehow eligible for this purpose.

true but we need to realize that EBU won't allow that, it's only RAI who is organizing it.

Loindici

Veteran
true but we need to realize that EBU won't allow that, it's only RAI who is organizing it.

I refer to the Ariston Theatre, though are you're implying RAI and the theatre are collaborating when organizing SanRemo?

hzalfa

It just popped into my head that in Italy it's illegal to show minors on live TV after midnight. What will this mean for the contest? Will they finish everything before midnight? Or will they raise the minimum age for the contestants?

Chiarina

It just popped into my head that in Italy it's illegal to show minors on live TV after midnight. What will this mean for the contest? Will they finish everything before midnight? Or will they raise the minimum age for the contestants?
I didn't think about that. I guess they'll either ask the Italian government to make an exception or they'll put the rule just for next year that the artist need to be 18, I don't think that they would shorten the contest

A-lister

Veteran
Because the shows didn't happen in Italy, so the minors involved weren't "working" under Italian laws. But in shows produced in Italy they stop showing them on camera after midnight even if they are physically present in the studio/arena.

What do you mean the shows didn't happen in Italy? Sanremo is in Italy right? I'm confused :lol:

Anyways, how often do we have minors in Eurovision anyways? The youngest act this year was 18 right?

hzalfa

What do you mean the shows didn't happen in Italy? Sanremo is in Italy right? I'm confused :lol:

Anyways, how often do we have minors in Eurovision anyways? The youngest act this year was 18 right?
There are no minors performing after midnight in Sanremo. As an example: Raphael Gualazzi in 2020 had two child dancers as part of his act, but since they had him perform after midnight on one of the evenings, he had to do it without the dancers.

The two girls who were 18 this year were 17 when they were originally chosen for Eurovision in 2020, so it's completely possible to have minors next year. Assuming the show will start and finish at the same time as this year, those singers would have to leave the arena or "hide" in the backstage before midnight and wouldn't be allowed to receive the trophy and perform again in case they won or even just react in front of the cameras when they receive points.

Etanna

I don't think that they can really speak English so I would guess no
That's a pity. Although I wouldn't mind if they kept it in Italian for the most part. At least our commentator would stop trying to translate everything (including the jokes).

Ezio

Veteran
I prefer Serhat and Senhit to host, and Valentina Monetta for Green Room

Mrm

Veteran
Romania, and Poland are in problem…
They failed to qualify for the final 3 years in a row..
Georgia even worse, failed to qualify for 4 years in a row now.. :(
Ireland qualified only once in last 7 participation years.. :eek:

Croatia also failed to qualify 3 years in a row..
The last top 10 result Croatia had was in 2001 with Vanna, the same year was the last top 10 result for Slovenia (with Nuša Derenda)…

Latvia in the same situation as Croatia…

Then Spain and The UK of Big 5..are in huuuuuge problem.. :/

Germany too, beside 4th place in 2018, results in recent years (since 2012) were the rock bottoms of the scorebords only..
The same can be said for North Macedonia (except 2019)..

I hope these countries, if take part will send smth which can grab attention of jury and audience..

Top Bottom