Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
BBC has announced its ESC team

Semis: Scott Mills, Rylan Clark-Neal, Chelsee Grimes
Final: Graham Norton
UK Spokesperson: Amanda Holden

oooo Chelcee Grimes. She was one of the singers in one of my favourite songs of 2019

Amanda Holden also a great choice. xheat

Sean

Admin
Staff member
The ESC United Jury returns for 2021, and we're live from tonight!

All the details #YOU need are below...

crashworld

Veteran
I have compiled the list of staging directors for the respective competing countries.
Please feel free to add on as there are some that do not have information.

Marvin Dietmann
  • Austria
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Spain
Jean Baptiste Group
  • Albania
  • Georgia
  • Malta
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
Fokas Evangelinos
  • Greece
  • Moldova
Hans Pannecoucke
  • Belgium
  • The Netherlands
Povilas Varvuolis
  • Lithuania
  • Germany*
Jerry Reeve/Tom Denning
  • United Kingdom
Mari Forsman Ryberger/Tine Matulessy
  • North Macedonia
Fredrik Rydman
  • Ireland
Luca Tomassini
  • San Marino
Mads Enggaard
  • Azerbaijan
Marika Prochet
  • France
Mikołaj Dobrowolski
  • Poland
Moshe Kaftan
  • Israel
Source: https://eurovisionworld.com - You can also check the previous works for the respective staging directors.

*Edit: Germany's source: https://escxtra.com/2021/02/25/jend...feel-hate-germanys-entry-for-eurovision-2021/

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

I have compiled the list of staging directors for the respective competing countries.
For Australia, Montaigne revealed her team in a video blog on her channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhzm1F6Niw

The choreographer/staging director is Marko Panzic, who Aussievision notes was part of the planning for the performance last year.

She does not know what she going on with the travel to Rotterdam situation and may end up going there, but her wording "I might end up going to Rotterdam" confirms that currently she would not be going.

In the video she also opens up about a recently diagnosed medical condition which has been negatively affecting her energy levels and from that sleep and nutrition. This is in turn has implications for her voice. This is why the betting odds (last I checked) for her are so low despite polling, running order and community sentiment suggesting more of a borderline qualifier status.

Best wishes to Montaigne in managing that condition as best as possible.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
well I think this year is unfortunately one of the weakest if you look at the overall quality. We have quite a few great entries: Bulgaria, Romania, Belgium, Italy, Russia, Sweden, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Australia... but a lot of the songs are really weak, not to mention that almost every single country made a wrong choice in their nf. Hope next year will be better because I'm not feeling it this year except for 15 songs or so.

anto475

well I think this year is unfortunately one of the weakest if you look at the overall quality. We have quite a few great entries: Bulgaria, Romania, Belgium, Italy, Russia, Sweden, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Australia... but a lot of the songs are really weak, not to mention that almost every single country made a wrong choice in their nf. Hope next year will be better because I'm not feeling it this year except for 15 songs or so.
Unfortunately I have to agree, this is the weakest year in my personal rankings since 2006

DanielLuis

Marvin Dietmann
  • Austria
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Spain
Jean Baptiste Group
  • Albania
  • Georgia
  • Malta
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
Fokas Evangelinos
  • Greece
  • Moldova
Hans Pannecoucke
  • Belgium
  • The Netherlands
Povilas Varvuolis
  • Lithuania
  • Germany*
Jerry Reeve/Tom Denning
  • United Kingdom
Mari Forsman Ryberger/Tine Matulessy
  • North Macedonia
Fredrik Rydman
  • Ireland
Luca Tomassini
  • San Marino
Mads Enggaard
  • Azerbaijan
Marika Prochet
  • France
Mikołaj Dobrowolski
  • Poland
Moshe Kaftan
  • Israel
Source: https://eurovisionworld.com - You can also check the previous works for the respective staging directors.

*Edit: Germany's source: https://escxtra.com/2021/02/25/jend...feel-hate-germanys-entry-for-eurovision-2021/
You can add Portugal to the "Excuse you?! Staging what?!" group.

Lance Esgard

For me this is the worst year in terms of National Final choices, all the more so because as we had less of them the ratio of bad-to-good picks is higher. But I find this both a strong year and a bad year in terms of the entries we have. I have more entries than in a usual year at the top of my rankings, with more entries that I would like to have in my Top Ten than spaces for them, but there are also a higher than usual number of entries at the bottom of my rankings, usually connected with the National Finals that picked what is to me not the strongest or one of the strongest available entries in said National Final.

rasmuslights

Veteran
For me this is the worst year in terms of National Final choices, all the more so because as we had less of them the ratio of bad-to-good picks is higher. But I find this both a strong year and a bad year in terms of the entries we have. I have more entries than in a usual year at the top of my rankings, with more entries that I would like to have in my Top Ten than spaces for them, but there are also a higher than usual number of entries at the bottom of my rankings, usually connected with the National Finals that picked what is to me not the strongest or one of the strongest available entries in said National Final.

yeah, agree... it could've been much stronger if countries like Norway, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Albania, Portugal and then also Germany and Poland made wrong internal selections... made the right choices... it is what is I guess, have much higher hope for next year.

Ianp16

Just want to post here that, in terms of "recording only', this year has been my favourite year for songs since I became a proper ESC stan in 2014. I think there's only a couple of songs I genuinely don't like, and even these entries, such as Italy, I can understand their quality, despite not being a fan. I'm just ready for disappointments for at least half the entries when it comes to the live performances because there is always a good 5-10 which don't translate as well in a live performance or live up to their recorded version.

I am loving 2021 xdance2xdance2xdance2

ellips

Just want to post here that, in terms of "recording only', this year has been my favourite year for songs since I became a proper ESC stan in 2014. I think there's only a couple of songs I genuinely don't like, and even these entries, such as Italy, I can understand their quality, despite not being a fan. I'm just ready for disappointments for at least half the entries when it comes to the live performances because there is always a good 5-10 which don't translate as well in a live performance or live up to their recorded version.

I am loving 2021 xdance2xdance2xdance2
Speaking of 2014... That was an amazing year! This year I really like about eight songs, then there's like 10 that I kind of like, and the rest are meh.

And I'm still bitter about Estonia's NF. I loved Jüri.

esc87fan

French broadcast team has been revealed, along with their spokesperson

Semis: Laurence Boccolini (co-host of "C'est vous qui décidez")
Final: Stéphane Bern and Laurence Boccolini
Spokesperson: Carla (JESC 2019)

Top Bottom