Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

crashworld

Veteran
After half of the contest have been revealed I've yet to give a song 12 and I only gave one song 10. I think I need to really re-look into my grading and ranking.

Ezio

Veteran
After half of the contest have been revealed I've yet to give a song 12 and I only gave one song 10. I think I need to really re-look into my grading and ranking.
Here are some options for you to give 12 points to:

norway, Lithuani, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, France, Spain, czech Republic, Finland, Australia

happy I could help.

crashworld

Veteran
Here are some options for you to give 12 points to:

norway, Lithuani, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, France, Spain, czech Republic, Finland, Australia

happy I could help.

Quoting Martyna from this year's Lithuania's NF - "Thank You Very Much". But nope.

ESCREGION

Am i the only one who believes that while we have listened mote than half of the songs we haven't listened the winner yet?

crashworld

Veteran
Am i the only one who believes that while we have listened mote than half of the songs we haven't listened the winner yet?

Me too. I'm still not convinced about France and Lithuania's songs winning. Cyprus is classic fanwank that will flop. Finland and Italy will do top 15 max. Bulgaria's potential songs do not have the winning vibe.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I think we might have listened to it but we haven't got confirmation that it's going to Eurovision yet... Victoria's Imaginary Friend. It's the only song presented to us so far that has given me those proper winner vibes.

midnightsun

Veteran
Can I point out that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this year‘s Eurovision? After „please shoot me in the head“ 2018 & 2019 we already had a SUPERSTRONG 2020 and it’s such a shame those brilliant songs never came to life on a Eurovision stage - but 2021 tops it all.
My inner Eurovision screams in joy because most countries are so DARING and send totally non-Eurovision songs because they obviously want to spread rather love and fun than winning (yes, someone pointed out to Kirkorov but we need these songs too... what would Eurovision be without him).
I feel like a big music festival rather than a banging show and maybe that‘s what we all need after such a horrible year. Just mingle and dance, holdings hands, jumping (all virtually of course). Eurochella all the way! 😍🌻

Ezio

Veteran
I think we might have listened to it but we haven't got confirmation that it's going to Eurovision yet... Victoria's Imaginary Friend. It's the only song presented to us so far that has given me those proper winner vibes.
Bulgaria, Malta and Iceland are the ones to watch. This season so far has brought many guilty pleasures #giltipläscha that obviously aren’t winning. It’s time to get to know the winne.

i also like to believe that Vincent Bueno might have found the perfect genre for himself. Amen sounds authentic to him. I am slightly excited for the reveal actually

theditz83

Veteran
Meanwhile Russia swoops in on Monday with the most explosive explosion ever seen in the history of explosives and leaves everyone for dead xfaint

And still calling out for :al: Albania and now :rs: Serbia to get their backsides on Spotify NOW!!! My incomplete ESC 2021 playlist is so sad IOTAP

Ezio

Veteran
Russia being explosive already means that juries won’t be having it. Sergey couldn’t pull it off twice.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bulgaria, Malta and Iceland are the ones to watch. This season so far has brought many guilty pleasures #giltipläscha that obviously aren’t winning. It’s time to get to know the winne.

i also like to believe that Vincent Bueno might have found the perfect genre for himself. Amen sounds authentic to him. I am slightly excited for the reveal actually

I actually don't know what I think about Iceland. I was confused last year how they were a big favourite, much like with Lithuania. I sense we'll have a lot of quirky entries this year all vying for the same votes and they'll split support.

Malta I'm unsure on again. It depends really on what they come with. Can Malta aim for strong public support or will they once again be relying on the jurors? If it's the latter then they won't win.

Ezio

Veteran
We slept on Malta last year, but I think they could have won. And I think they are gonna outdo themselves this year. Romeo is gonna vote as a Briton of course then hehe

for me 2020 would have been a close call between :is: :mt: and :bg: although the latter might have been overrated.

they are thirsty for blood, I’d guess. The current leader would be :lt: imho

crashworld

Veteran
Is there any non-winning song from this year's NF that you think could have been a winner for ESC?

For me, the closest would be Italy's Irama. I think that song would be very impactful on the big ESC stage if Italy get the staging right. I can see the juries going for it and the televoting will be pretty good. I can see it doing a Duncan where he may not win in both aspects but did good enough to win the whole thing.

Ezio

Veteran
Neev.

ESCREGION

What about :ch: and Gjon's tears?

midnightsun

Veteran
Switzerland was my #1 last year with a huge margin. It’s now in my all-time ESC favourites Top 5. In no way he will be able to succeed to THAT. And it hurts to say because he‘s gorgeous.

Top Bottom