Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Loindici

Veteran
I'm not sure why Dua Lipa being an interval act would be an affront to her country? Like no time commitment to BBC, would likely be compensated much more as an interval than by a broadcaster, no pressure of competition, a higher degree of promo (10+ minutes rather than 3, plus headlining). I think just about anyone stands to benefit much more from having the luxury of being an interval than representing the country.

Anyways, I'm pretty indifferent to whether there's a big artist or not. I don't see much harm in it though

It might not affect you, but it affects the UK and the fans. From what I know, Eurovision is usually taken just for laughs, has quite disreputable image on the music industry, and has relatively vile media coverage after the show ends. It's a decent idea to have Dua as an interval, but there are also wishes for her to represent and compete. However... I'll quote Ian since they summed it up perfectly.

I would be absolutely fuming if this happened. It would be a complete "FUCK YOU" from the successful UK music industry.

Elina UA

I would be absolutely fuming if this happened. It would be a complete "FUCK YOU" from the successful UK music industry. Even more so that some of the entries such as Cyprus El Diablo are inspired by the Dua Lipa style.

Also, interval acts such as Justin Timberlake and the tragic Madonna performance (I am a huge Madonna fan) were totally out of place in my opinion. We want local stuff to the country! No big stars. Thank you very much.

tenor.gif
Like we did in 2017
xblushxdance2

Mainshow

Veteran
Based on the betting odds right now, this would be the "outcome" of the GF:

01 :is:
02 :ru:
03 :fr:
04 :se:
05 :lt:
06 :bg:
07 :it:
08 :fi:
09 :mt:
10 :ro:
11 :no:
12 :ch:
13 :be:
14 :cy:
15 :gr:
16 :au:
17 :az:
18 :pt:
19 :pl:
20 :md:
21 :nl:
22 :am:
23 :uk:
24 :de:
25 :dk:
26 :es:

NQ Semi 1: :by: :ie: :mk: :sl: :hr: :il: :ua:
NQ Semi 2: :at: :cz: :ee: :sm: :rs: :al: :ge: :lv:

yes, I'm bored and can't sleep and I know that this is not to be taken serious but apart from :ua: being absent, I think that the Top 10 could actually somehow look like that in the end :D

Ezio

Veteran
I feel compelled to put 777 € on Norway

Ezio

Veteran
And we already have the devil, oh mer gawd, a Fallen angel, the dark side, and amen. Choices.

Ali_

Am I the only one who finds this year really underwhelming so far? The last editions were so strong. Anxiously waiting for the rest of the songs!!
Yeah, although I like many of the entries I haven't been going out of my way to listen to any of them. Then again we do still have many entries to come.

Realest

Am I the only one who finds this year really underwhelming so far? The last editions were so strong. Anxiously waiting for the rest of the songs!!
I wouldnt worry that much. The important Countries (Sweden, Russia, Italy, Bulgaria etc..) and the important Composers (Kirkorov, Kontoupoulos, Milanov etc..) are yet to come.

Preuss

I wouldnt worry that much. The important Countries (Sweden, Russia, Italy, Bulgaria etc..) and the important Composers (Kirkorov, Kontoupoulos, Milanov etc..) are yet to come.

Yeah. 2019 was similar, started pretty bad but got better. But Sweden is canceled for me if they send Tusse

Mainshow

Veteran
Just thinking about it ... it is quite overwhelming. I guess afterwards I need some vitamines to save my body.
Same here + I have 4 oral exams coming up and I need to write two term papers this month but my body and soul is full in Eurovision mode now. I am a little bit scared of being overwhelmed and too devoted to Eurovision this month, tbh xD

mauve

Veteran
Same here + I have 4 oral exams coming up and I need to write two term papers this month but my body and soul is full in Eurovision mode now. I am a little bit scared of being overwhelmed and too devoted to Eurovision this month, tbh xD
OMG. Quite many exams coming up for you - I can absolutely understand that your soul is now in ESC-mood and your body in exams-mood. I am happy that I have my exams-phase way behind me! But good luck to you, I hope you still manage well! :)

Top Bottom