Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

crashworld

Veteran
You mean it would be truly sad for a British superstar singer to perform as an interval act at Eurovision when none of them would ever consider representing their country in the contest itself. That's the real shame 😏

That is also quite true. Imagine how the UK representative will feel. Dua Lipa has Albanian origins too right?

theditz83

Veteran
That is also quite true. Imagine how the UK representative will feel. Dua Lipa has Albanian origins too right?
I believe she is of Kosovan/Bosnian descent (her parents were from Pristina, and her maternal grandmother is Bosnian) but is generally considered to be of Albanian descent since that's her first language and the language she spoke growing up with her parents at home. xup

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ehhh pls can we stop this importing of global superstars for intervals? The whole Modanna thing was a total trainwreck of epic proportion to bury that idea well and truly. Also as a British Eurovision fan i'll be ever so slightly pissed off that a big star would be prepared to sing as an interval but not actually bother to represent the country there. The Netherlands is hosting, and they have such a strong music industry - use your own talent. :rolleyes:

Loindici

Veteran
Offtopic from Dua Lipa, but do you guys have a nickname for our fat and stacked March?

FilipFromSweden

Going in here and bitching about entries and discussing endless topics makes me feel like it's pre-2020 and I love that feeling

Sammy

Veteran
I know some(?)/many(??)/all(???) of you will disagree with me: still after last year (which for me was one of the worst editions at least in the new millennium) this feels like an awakening. So many songs I'd like to give 10/10 and we just reached about a quarter! Last year even my top three only had 9/10 and 8/10.

Loindici

Veteran
I know some(?)/many(??)/all(???) of you will disagree with me: still after last year (which for me was one of the worst editions at least in the new millennium) this feels like an awakening. So many songs I'd like to give 10/10 and we just reached about a quarter! Last year even my top three only had 9/10 and 8/10.

I hope it will reflect in your Better Equal Worse scorecard later! xheart

Loindici

Veteran

Mysteria

Omg:ROFLMAO:
I feel like Germany has realized they cant Win and now they’re are just having a giggle in the corner

Loindici

Veteran

Ianp16

Just a rumour that I've heard yesterday. ESC producers are in talks with Dua Lipa for the interval act.

I would be absolutely fuming if this happened. It would be a complete "FUCK YOU" from the successful UK music industry. Even more so that some of the entries such as Cyprus El Diablo are inspired by the Dua Lipa style.

Also, interval acts such as Justin Timberlake and the tragic Madonna performance (I am a huge Madonna fan) were totally out of place in my opinion. We want local stuff to the country! No big stars. Thank you very much.

tenor.gif

LontraCanadensis

I'm not sure why Dua Lipa being an interval act would be an affront to her country? Like no time commitment to BBC, would likely be compensated much more as an interval than by a broadcaster, no pressure of competition, a higher degree of promo (10+ minutes rather than 3, plus headlining). I think just about anyone stands to benefit much more from having the luxury of being an interval than representing the country.

Anyways, I'm pretty indifferent to whether there's a big artist or not. I don't see much harm in it though

Top Bottom