Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Loindici

Veteran
So far the 1st semifinal puts the 2nd semifinal in a ditch. I wonder why usually the 1st one tends to be better almost every year.

Pretty bad year for the BIG 5, I can't remember the last time I disliked their entries as much as this year

Instead of that, I find semifinal 2 could be the one to watch this year. Maybe both of these semifinals could pack a winner, but instead of semi 1 that people would normally expect to be good, semi 2's lineup really brings up 'what will they all do this year?' sort of thing. I don't want to underestimate them for usually being small players.

Loindici

Veteran
What an awful evening.
- :ee: - My favorites Traffic and Jaagup Tuisk lost by a landslide to a cheap cheesy and bland ballad
- :md: - So many uptempo decent songs and they end up selecting a dated ballad written by two overrated composers
- :hr: - Didn't really listen to the songs, but I'm not impressed by the winner either, maybe still a decent one
- :is: - Nina and Iva lose to a trolling act that for me has no quality, dated and poor, at least it's something different from the rest of the songs this year
- :pt: - My favorite song from the last 3 years of the contest "Cegueira" didn't make to the final in a trashy semi (the staging and their performance didn't help too)

Tomorrow has to be better...

:ee: : Justified.
:md: : Also justified.
:hr: : I won't cut the line for them, they could be a borderline qualifier at best. It's a good song but maybe wasn't big enough.
:is: : If that's what you thought of, that's fine. I just think that a song about someone's sweet little child doesn't have to always be written as a serious heartfelt ballad.
:pt: : Whou would think that a banded mask makeup and a sweet cute dress could be such a beautiful combination?

Anyways... I felt relieved I didn't waste my will to wake up at 2 AM watching this disappointing Super Saturday. Literally :ee: :md: disappoints me, :hr: give a decent song but I'm pretty sure it's probably more because of the artist, but :is: gave back my LIFE. Will :rs: and :ro: make up for it?

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
It was awful day. I lost three my favourites : Majakad, Vila and We Are One.
I'm ready for the contest, when my # 1 will have 4 / 10.
Now only three countries can save this year for me (San Marino, Ireland, Switzerland).

Zonne147

:ee: : Justified.
:md: : Also justified.
:hr: : I won't cut the line for them, they could be a borderline qualifier at best. It's a good song but maybe wasn't big enough.
:is: : If that's what you thought of, that's fine. I just think that a song about someone's sweet little child doesn't have to always be written as a serious heartfelt ballad.
:pt: : Whou would think that a banded mask makeup and a sweet cute dress could be such a beautiful combination?

Anyways... I felt relieved I didn't waste my will to wake up at 2 AM watching this disappointing Super Saturday. Literally :ee: :md: disappoints me, :hr: give a decent song but I'm pretty sure it's probably more because of the artist, but :is: gave back my LIFE. Will :rs: and :ro: make up for it?

I don't think :hr: will qualify, I don't like it but I see it's not a bad song but people will just forget it exists Imo, their semi is much stronger than the other one

I see :is: as a joke entry unfortunately :( maybe because I'm not into the song either. It is on the bottom in my ranking but it can grow I think, not expecting the same about the others.

I think I would be OK with any song From Romania, but I really want "Cherry Red"...

Last edited:

dezbee2008

To me, it's a problem when we have 21 songs and the two countries that have topped my list are Armenia and Latvia. It might not last though, because I have big expectations for Greece (pls deliver), Israel (any 4 would do, but I prefer Rakata and Feker Libi), Romania (any 5 will do, but I love Storm the most), and Bulgaria (in which the behind the scenes shots released earlier scream mid-tempo ballad, but hopefully a good one)

MalagaToledo

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't listen to every song until semis..

Realest

The Chance is high, that the Quality will rise.

Eurovisionario
@Eurovisionario
A 1 de marzo de 2019, aún no habían sido elegidas o publicadas:

:nl: Arcade
:ru: Scream
:ch: She Got Me
:se: Too Late For Love
:no: Spirit In The Sky
:mk: Proud
:az: Truth
:is: Hatrið Mun Sigra
:cy: Replay
:mt: Chameleon
:rs: Kruna
:sm: Say Na Na Na
:gr: Better Love
:il: Home
:by: Like It
:pl: Pali Się
:pt: Telemóveis

heke1988

:be: Release Me --> Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman - Release Me

:gr: Superg!rl --> Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman - Superman

Who will go same kind of song name as Look Away?

Mrm

Veteran
Czech Republic survived this new waves of entries as my no1…

What can bring my new no1:

Sweden: The Mamas
Russia: ???? Kirkorov – “Romani” xheart :D
Bulgaria: there is possibility
Malta: probably not, but there is some small possibility
Denmark: MAJAAAAAAAA xheart
Switzerland: read "Malta"
Azerbaijan: ?????
Ireland: ???? i DOUBT lol
Netherlands: YES this definitely has huge chance!!!
Portugal: Jimmy P
Finland: I really love Cicciolina, but can't be no1
Israel: Maybe yes with any of 4, but have to see live first
Cyprus: I HIGHLY DOUBT
San Marino: ?????
Austria: Read "Cyprus"
North Macedonia: Read "Malta" and "Switzerland" with probably a bit less posibility
Georgia: Read "Netherlands"

LastDreamer

Banned
Why most my favourite things are gone or became a crap ? :cry:

Zonne147

Tomorrow:
- :ge: will be even better than it looks in the snippet
- Rakata wins :il: and becomes my #1 or #2 (Feker Libi would be amazing too)

Ezio

Veteran
:ge:::de::is::lt::be:
:se: (Dotter only)

Can't decide who'll win. I need to achieve an astral journey and tell you what will really happen.

Loindici

Veteran
2020 EuroDaddy award nominations:

Tornike Kipiani
Vaidotas Valieukevicius
Datdi Freyr Petursson

Choose!

Top Bottom