Contact us

Eurobasket 2015

Tinchey

logo-eurobasket-2015.jpg

Tinchey

Not sure if there's a thread opened already, anyway if it is please mods merge it. ^^
Our guys played a great match against Greece even though we lost. Going to the match against Macedonia, hopefully it will be fun. ^^

Grinch

Group B

After beating Italy yesterday (after 50 years, huh!) today we lost against Spain 77-104 :eek: :D

8th Sep

:rs: v :is:
:de: v :tr:
:es: v :it:

ShoeFlo

:de: so far with one average and one very good match

Against a brave :is: team we first played very well and in between we had an advantage of 17 points. In the seond half Iceland became stronger and we lost the thread so it became almost close in the last phase of the match. Final result was 72:65 for :de:

After this match people feared that we will get humiliated by :rs: today since they're one of the world's best teams. However it was a balanced match between two strong teams, it was exciting from first to last second. We were so close to make a sensation but one second before the time was over Serbia scored and we couldn't react anymore :( Nevertheless it was a strong fight of us

It seems to me that :de: is stronger against the big teams, maybe because we have less pressure in these matches. Our next match is on Tuesday against :tr: . I think we can beat them but it will be a tough match again

Btw, :is: was even stronger today against :it: and had the lead until 5 minute before the end I think. Then obviously, they didnt enough power to keep it up and Italy used their high quality to win this match. Prior to the tournament I expected Iceland to lose every match at least with 20 points difference so I'm surprised in a positive way of their performances (not as amazing as their football team ofc :cool: :D )

Grinch

Group B

:es: 98 - 105 :it: :eek:
:de: 75 - 80 :tr: xheya
:rs: 93 - 64 :is:

It was an easy game for us. In the first quarter the difference was even 20, then our players got kinda relaxed.

Current standing

1 :rs:
2 :it:
3 :tr:
4 :es:
5 :de:
6 :is:

Tomorrow

:tr: v :rs: xscared
:it: v :de:
:is: v :es:

ShoeFlo

:it: defeated :es: ??? Okay now it's official: we are screwed :? xcrazy

How is it even possible to lose a quarter with 20 points difference xfacepalm In the whole match we made only 3 three-point-goals out of 22 attempts (!) or something. Even I would have scored more often.
I don't think we have a chance against Italy and Spain. Obvioussly the match against Serbia was only an positive exception

Verjamem

What a pity that we lost to :il:, but you can't win the game, when you make so much mistakes.

Anyway, I'm glad that :rs: is doing well now. I know it's just group stage at the moment, but I hope they will get a gold medals :D

EscGeek

Veteran
Slovenia's team is not as good as in previous tournaments,so our reality is 3rd place match with macedonia.
(in 2007,2009,2011 & 2013 we were capable of getting a medal,but we've missed them all :oops:)
Luckily - group D is weak and as long as we not meet with :lt: i think another top 8 is here:D

ShoeFlo

Gosh, our basketball team is such a loser team :lol:

We had the lead from the beginning to the end and then we got the equalizer and lose the match against Italy in extra time

You must not lose a match like this. Now we are almost out ... home advantage doesn't help us appearantly

Just like against Turkey we got a ridicolous bad rate of three-point goals. Defending was alright today, at least partly.
Then there is Nowitzki... He deserved all the merit for his big career being maybe the best non-American player of this century but meanwhile he is 37 years old and he became really useless. A lot of easy misses, bad movements, bad defending and just like every German player also a bad three-point rate.
We are too much dependent on Schröder (our best player) but he is always between genius and insanity... some great goals and then again some crazy actions that lead to turnovers

Whatever... they will also lose to Spain and then they can follow the matches on TV

At least we are World Champion in Football.

Tinchey

Our team is smashing those 2nd halves. Bless. But they can't play like this in the QF against Serbia. :|

Verjamem

:fi: 65 - 78 :pl:

It means that we end group stage on 3rd place. I hope that game against :it:/:tr: won't be very hurtful for us.

Tinchey

Lost against Georgia in the last match of the group stage. What a tragedy. :'D
We're facing Czechia in the 1/8 finals. :eek: That should be fun. ^^

Verjamem

:es: eliminated us, but I don't think it's a surprise at all :p

Actually, I thought that :hr: will eliminate :cz: My prediction was wrong :eek:

Tinchey

Ugh Spain... but congrats! ^^ Shame Serbia couldn't finish up with a bronze, overall a really random and in the end a weak EuroBasket.

Top Bottom