17 6.4%

3 1.1%

29 10.9%

• Total voters

JonnyWest

Re: ESTONIA 2018

omg I can't stop listening to La Forza

giphy.gif

it's epic and her voice is wonderful... I'm going to root for this one so much in the next few months xheat

Realest

Sammy

Veteran

My top 5:
Stig Rästa - Home: love it! Wonderful song, has all I ask for if I listen to music.
Elina Netsajeva - La Forza: spheric, dramatic, operastyle. What a voice, probably the highest pitch we've heard in Eurovision so far, and she manages it flawlessly! Great song!
Desiree - On my mind: reminds me in parts of the intro of Poli's If love was a crime.. Good groove
Karl & Karl - Young: sweet song, nice groove. Makes me wanna listen to it again.
Eliis Pärna & Gerli Padar - Sky: nice ballad, but there's something missing.

The okay-ish ones:
Vajé - Laura: nice to listen to, but nothing outstanding
Etnopatsy - Külm: slightly too repetitive but I love the ethnic and mystic touch.
Indrek Ventmann - Tempel: has nice percussion elements, the song itself is good, but I don't connect really with it
Marju Länik - Täna otsuseid ei tee: middle of the road song.
Iiris & Agoh - Drop that boogie: tries to be modern, but I don't buy it completely. still not too bad

The boring ones:
Aydon Ray - Everybody's dressed: What a title! :lol:
Sybil Vane: Thousand words: the beginning is cool, but then....
Frankie Animal - Misty: well... yeah... what to say about that.
Rolf Roosalm - Show a little love: the intro is already off-putting
Girls in Pearls - Spellbound: radio friendly, but that's it.
Miljardid - Pseudeprobleem: well, this song is rather a real problem.

The horrible ones:
TiiuxOKYMxSemy - Naita oma energiat: the intro (reminding me of Moldova this year) is really good. They should restart to write the song from that on.
Metsakutsu - Koplifornia: silly rap! Next!
Evestus - Welcome to my world: If that's your world, I don't wanna be in it. For me it's just horrible, trashy noise.

EscGeek

Veteran

I've picked my top5 for now :D

1- Tiiu x Okym x Semy "Näita oma energiat"
2- Iiris & Agoh "Drop That Boogie"
3- Sibyl Vane "Thousand Words"
4- Metsakutsu "Koplifornia"
5- Karl Kristjan & Karl Killing feat. Wateva "Young"

btw:
The song "Sky" is so boring and predictable i knew the start time of the last sentence to the exact millisecond :lol:

randajad

Veteran

There is a lot of good entries, again. I think Iiris’ song is not that bad, I thought it would be after this description. And OMG Elina, what a class, I really love La Forza. I thought it would be gimmick-ish entry like La Voix, but it is really good.

henhu

My ranking of the first semi-final

01 Elina Nechayeva - La Forza ★★★★★★★★★★
02 Stig Rästa - Home ★★★★★★★★★
03 Aden Ray - Everybody's Dressed ★★★★★★★★★★
04 Vajé - Laura (Walk With Me) ★★★★★★★★★★
05 Iiris & Agoh - Drop That Boogie ★★★★★★★★★★
06 Sibyl Vane - Thousand Words ★★★★★★★★★★
07 Desiree - On My Mind ★★★★★★★★★★
08 Etnopatsy - Külm ★★★★★★★★★★
09 Tiiu x Okym x Semy - Näita oma energiat ★★★★★★★★★★
10 Miljardid - Pseudoprobleem ★★★★★★★★★★

Kairit

MY SF1 ranking and review, because i'm too lazy to listen to the second semi ones today :lol:

1. Elina Nechayeva - La Forza ... Impressive. Epic. Different. I get it. It's steadily growing on me even more and I can't fault how incredible she is. If she nails it live, there's no way she wouldn't deserve to win by a mile.
2. Sibyl Vane - Thousand Words ... Totally my type of song. I can't resist loving the heeellllll out of this. Probably quite bland for Eurovision, but a personal favourite for sure. Been on repeat for hours. xheart
3. Vajé - Laura (Walk With Me) ... Mmmmmmmmmmm nice. That's all I can say. It's just very pleasant to listen to. Ugh xheat I've heard similar stuff lots before, but nevertheless it works for me. Something I can play on repeat as well.
4. Iiris & Agoh - Drop That Boogie ... I just adore Ago Teppand as a producer. It's not Iiris' best for sure, but it's catchy and has a fresh pop vibe w/ a groove I enjoy. Actually it reminds me of Swedish indie pop songs, like Tove Styrke, and I adore her style. But yeah, it makes me move and makes me happy. :D
5. Stig Rästa - Home ... It's lovely and warm and sweet, but ultimately it's not that extraordinary obviously. It's quite like a bland version of an Ed Sheeran song, honestly. He might get into the top half in the final and he's bringing quality with the instrumentation again, but I doubt he's a real contender this year. It really is nice though haha, albeit a bit sleepy.
6. Tiiu x Okym x Semy - Näita oma energiat... I don't know why I like this so much, but it's different and has a real energy (lol) that I dig in the midst of these songs. A woman for once rapping in Estonian is refreshing as well tbh.
7. Aden Ray - Everybody's Dressed... Loved this from the start. The verses could be better and the production is not the best, but there's something I really like in the vibe of this, especially w/ the choir sound at the end, plus the chorus is really catchy to me. His voice is lovely as well. However, compared to all the other songs, there's a real quality and something special missing.
8. Etnopatsy - Külm... It stands out with the different and mysterious vibe and I do like it in theory, but it's not something I'd listen to over and over again, it even gets boring by the middle of the song.
9. Desiree - On My Mind... It's not the worst, but it's def the kind of radio s**t I can't stand.
10. Miljardid - Pseudoprobleem ... I like their single "Olendid" a lot... However, nothing about this captivates me, just a random song, doesn't even have a proper groove to it. Eh... They could do so much better.

All in all, I appreciate the presence of all these indie entries this year. There's a lack of commercial production quality that I liked last year, but this year seems to have more charm again. Feels right haha. And I like 8/10 songs, which is great.

SwissKung

I'm not impressed by la Forza, she a good voice (I guess?) but if feels like she's screaming and I seriously can't see it qualifying at Eurovision, it'll be a Verona 2.0.

This would be my top 10 for this semi-final

01. Etnopatsy - Külm x12s xheat xheart

02. Subyl Vane - Thousand Words
03. Vajé - Laura (Walk With Me)

04. Tiiu x Okym x Semy - Näita oma Energiat
05. Miljardid - Pseudoprobleem

06. Liris & Agoh - Drop That Boogie
07. Stig Rästa - Home

08. Elina Nechayeva - La Forza
09. Desiree - On My Mind
10. Aden Ray - Everybody's Dressed

hunty73

When i think of the superb artists in Estonia and some of the world class singers i have my head in my hands over this selection.Very very poor for me.We have a saying in the Uk ,you dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.It seems to me ERR have done just that.To ensure a "safe" act doesnt win they have kept out all the quality artists.That would be fine if it was because the entries had great songs,but that isnt the case here at all.I find La Forza painful.Il have to see these live to try to figure things out,but this looks like a very very poor EL unless a couple come alive once on stage.

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

OMG OMG OMG!

Elina Nechayeva - "La forza" go to Lisbon!! xyaaayxyaaayxheartxheart

laululind

When i think of the superb artists in Estonia and some of the world class singers i have my head in my hands over this selection.Very very poor for me.We have a saying in the Uk ,you dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.It seems to me ERR have done just that.To ensure a "safe" act doesnt win they have kept out all the quality artists.That would be fine if it was because the entries had great songs,but that isnt the case here at all.I find La Forza painful.Il have to see these live to try to figure things out,but this looks like a very very poor EL unless a couple come alive once on stage.

Well, to be fair, we don't know how many (if any) of those quality artists actually sent in their songs this year. :confused: I imagine there might have been some, but maybe there weren't, or their songs sucked. Since we'll never hear all the songs, we'll never know if this really was the best they had to choose from. :rolleyes:
Who would you like to see take part?

I don't think it's that bad of an year, personally. Some pretty decent songs in there. :) Could always be better tho', there's nothing that screams top 5 in Eurovision, or immediately wows everyone. I guess we'll see what happens on stage come February.

Mrm

Veteran

Well, to be fair, we don't know how many (if any) of those quality artists actually sent in their songs this year. :confused: I imagine there might have been some, but maybe there weren't, or their songs sucked. Since we'll never hear all the songs, we'll never know if this really was the best they had to choose from. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's that bad of an year, personally. Some pretty decent songs in there. :) Could always be better tho', there's nothing that screams top 5 in Eurovision, or immediately wows everyone. I guess we'll see what happens on stage come February.

We have heard only first semi songs, second semi we haven't heard yet, right?

laululind

We have heard only first semi songs, second semi we haven't heard yet, right?

They were actually available for listen for a little while, someone figured out the hidden link to the full playlist. :lol: But it's been removed now, I guess ERR caught on. Also some of those songs might have been older versions.

Personally I'd say Semi 2 is weaker, lots of filler material in there. But not all bad tho'. :)

Mrm

Veteran

They were actually available for listen for a little while, someone figured out the hidden link to the full playlist. :lol: But it's been removed now, I guess ERR caught on. Also some of those songs might have been older versions.

Personally I'd say Semi 2 is weaker, lots of filler material in there. But not all bad tho'. :)

Thanks for info!

You are from Estonia? :)

laululind

Yep. :) Been mostly posting on the other big forum, but have lurked around here too. Decided to branch out. :lol: If I can manage several forums at once.

Mrm

Veteran

Yep. :) Been mostly posting on the other big forum, but have lurked around here too. Decided to branch out. :lol: If I can manage several forums at once.

Great, Estonia seems to me like fantastic place..I'd always loved to visit it. :)

hunty73

I don't think it's that bad of an year, personally. Some pretty decent songs in there. :) Could always be better tho', there's nothing that screams top 5 in Eurovision, or immediately wows everyone. I guess we'll see what happens on stage come February.[/Q

The entire cast from Laula mu Laulu 2014 would be a good start).Karl-Erik Tauker,Patune Pool,Curly Strings or Curly Voices,Hellad Velled,Liisi Koikson,or simply scrap the whole thing and send Ines .Stage could change things for some of these of course.Etnopatsy Külm is lovely,i hope the jury do their job on that.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

A few stinkers in there. Not sure if we've heard the winner yet. Here's my top 3, as these are the only ones I like.

1. Stig Rasta - Home Didn't think I would like this, but high quality song that's relaxing but not sleepy. Lovely chorus.
2. Etnopatsy - Külm Has all the problems of "Vihm" in that lacks a definitive peak, but is quality stuff, and stands out.
3. Elina Nechayeva - La Forza I was waiting for a beat to kick in and ruin it, but thankfully they they avoided that potential error. Very well sung, just needs to not sound "screechy" live. Potential winner, but I expect more from the second semi.

Top Bottom