11 2.6%

6 1.4%

8 1.9%

3 0.7%

5 1.2%

26 6.0%

• Total voters

Marie Jane

Don't be, 7th place is a very good result. ;)

And maybe Ott Lepland or Getter Jaani return next year and win the whole thing. :mrgreen:

lilka

Celia

7th place is way too low for this :? hardly scored any of 'the big points' from any countries WTF

blein

Celia, just look on televote results and that's it :) yeah it was weird that :no::is::dk::se::lv::lt::pl: gave us so low scores... was sure that we will get min 8 from these countries.. Russia had the most fair voting in this esc... what peple liked more on vk(russian facebook) gets the highest points.. also big question for :sm: ... who paid those fuckers to put us so low.. 27/27

Marie Jane

Some estonian members made very bitchy posts on Italy/Sweden threads. They were so convinced that "Goodbye to yesterday" was million times better than any other song. Well, they were wrong.

Now, this is karma. :lol:

Brandt

Some estonian members made very bitchy posts on Italy/Sweden threads. They were so convinced that "Goodbye to yesterday" was million times better than any other song. Well, they were wrong.

Now, this is karma. :lol:

People who generalise and provoke a mass xfacepalm

lilka

Celia, just look on televote results and that's it :) yeah it was weird that :no::is::dk::se::lv::lt::pl: gave us so low scores... was sure that we will get min 8 from these countries.. Russia had the most fair voting in this esc... what peple liked more on vk(russian facebook) gets the highest points.. also big question for :sm: ... who paid those fuckers to put us so low.. 27/27

You were 2nd in our televoting (Italy was 1st, Sweden 3rd). Even our commentator said GTY was his favourite entry. He said "I love, love, love Estonia this year". It's the jury that destroyed everything. :mad:

Kairit

Elina Born performing a song called "Burned By The Sun" from her album on Estonia's Looking For a Superstar/Estonian Idol.

I just love it so much. xlove

This season's winner of the show is Jüri Pootsmann, by the way. Gosh, a well-deserved one. xheart Voted 4 times for him in the final. :D Probs one of my favourite winners of the whole 6 seasons, next to Ott Lepland. He's just so f-ing authentic, yet special. Maybe we'll see him at Eurovision one day. (Although I kinda hope he does something better with his time. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy anyways who would eagerly want to do it, but you never know.)

The winner's performance.. "Purple rain" xlovexlove

The runner-up was Gertu Pabbo. Now SHE has talked about how her dream is to get to Eurovision, so I think we'll most likely see her in the future. :D (Elina Born was last season's runner-up!) :)

Them performing Heroes together:

:D

eerik

Oh yeah, there was a season of Estonian Idol this year. Safe to say it will be the last edition. Small scale, terrible contestants, terrible ratings. Complete and utter failure.

carl1

I agree, the Estonian Idol was terrible this year. Everything was just poor. Production was poor, judges seemed like they couldnt be bothered, host Taukar was so cringeworthy etc.
The girl who came second has zero charisma, her voice is average and in the final she sang her version of "Kuula" which was just tragic. All the power of the song was gone, she made it too dreamy, sweet, BORING.
But I kinda like the winner, that is the only good thing :D

Kairit

I do agree that this season was quite shit and kind of lame over-all. But idk, it's fine. Wouldn't call it a complete and utter failure by far. I liked the final, I think that was done very well, and I love the winner. Didn't really like Gertu or any of the other contestants as well, but Jüri was the only one I liked and supported from the start a lot, so I'm just really happy that he won. :D I don't think Taukar was cringeworthy though even though I'm absolutely sick of him appearing everywhere and he seems a bit arrogant to me. A lot of people have praised his work and have said that he has talent in hosting. My mom called him the successor of Mart Sander last night. Taukar's a lot better than him, but still, neither are particularly likeable, but they do their job and are pretty natural when it comes to hosting. The judges were okay in my book. :)

lizzy635

Oh yeah, there was a season of Estonian Idol this year. Safe to say it will be the last edition. Small scale, terrible contestants, terrible ratings. Complete and utter failure.

The show just needs more time off. 2,5 years wasn't enough as we saw. It needs new blood (not past seasons remnants) but that won't happen in a couple of years. Not in a small country like Estonia.

I agree, the Estonian Idol was terrible this year. Everything was just poor. Production was poor, judges seemed like they couldnt be bothered, host Taukar was so cringeworthy etc.

Actually watching judges' was the reason I watched cause they were pretty funny. Not so stiff and formal as with Mihkel Raud. + you never knew who was to fall out next.

It was bad not only this year, but also in Elina's time. No one interesting back than either. Elina was my favorite from the start although I didn't think she would stay famous after the show. But when I learned that she'd be teaming up with Stig then I knew she probably will acheive something. And she should have won, but those judges kept pushing Rasmus as their favorite, who has bean the least successful winner.xboring

aletem

7th may be good, but it was too low for that performance..

also big question for :sm: ... who paid those fuckers to put us so low.. 27/27
Bjorkman? :lol:

Kairit

tuorem

Time for me to review the Estonian entry this year :D

Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye to Yesterday

Song: "Goodbye to Yesterday" was among the favourites this year and I can totally see why. Imo it's a fine composition that at least should have won the Marcel Bezençon award (much more than Norway imo). I knew it was a quality song from the first seconds, since I was already hitting the floor with my feet to the beat of it :D I like the melody and the arrangements, they're delicate and melancholic, with a slightly 70's feel which does not overshadow the currentness of the song. To me, this is nothing like "The Calm After The Storm": yes it's a male/female duet but that's all. Estonia succeeded in bringing quality music while still being very accessible, the lyrics are also interesting and not that usual. As Stig said, the end of the story is unknown, it's up to the people to think it'll have a good or a bad ending. I'm disappointed to realize that I don't have that much to say about this entry, I love it, that's for sure and it deserved to do well.

Voice: Stig's and Elina's are complementary. His is deep while hers is clear and gentle. The duet works fine to me, and their performances were great. I felt like Elina was very stressed, but I forgive her, she did a great job nonetheless :D

Staging: Clearly one of the most creative staging this year. I just LOVE the shadows on the floor as if they had opened a door with lights behind. Simple, slick, yet very effective imo. I also like the askew camera shots of both of them and the look of Elina on Stig was priceless :D very well done!

Outcome: Booooooooooo!!!! Thank you ORF for the 4th slot and thank you juries for ranking this entry out of your top 10. 7th place is not a bad placing at all but this song deserved to win or at least be top 5, I'm sorry. This would have been an amazing winning song had they won tbh. So yes, I think they were robbed, televoters saw this was quality fortunately. In my personal ranking, Estonia is in my top 5 this year, it couldn't be elsewhere. Great job Estonia, I'm sad that you didn't even reach the 6th place like in 2009 and 2012, 7th was too low, but keep up the good work. I love it xheart

lilka

Elina & Stig ETV Live: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqIsQfkMMkOYwSsHaK0rqEFxHhOm7ifvU

Their exclusive concert in Nordea Concert Hall that was broadcasted on Etv yesterday. Freaking love it. Elina is fantastic. xheat And the live versions with live instruments are just yum. xlove Some of Elina's songs, some of Stig's songs, GTY, some covers etc. :D

I want them to come to Poland for a concert like this. I mean NOW, IMMEDIATELY. x12s A f***ing beautiful version of GTY (have I already said it's one of the best Eurovision entries of all time? Oh I have? Really? I don't care :mrgreen:)! xheart
Are there any plans of promoting the song outside Estonia? Is Elina or Stig, or both of them planning a career outside Estonia? Because they should.

eerik

I don't know why but ERR has made youtube uploads private. Full concert is still available on their own website.

Set list:
1. I Wanna Meet Bob Dylan (original: Outloudz, Eesti Laul 2011)
2. Enough (Eesti Laul 2013)
3. Kilimanjaro
4. Seda paati pole tehtud linnuluust (original: Jaak Joala)
5. Horrorz (original: Outloudz)
6. Burned by the Sun
7. Crazy for U
8. Weekend Wars
9. Kõnõtraat (original: Ummamuudu)
10. Miss Calculation
11. Goodbye to Yesterday

lilka

Yesterday was "Goodbye to yesterday" 's 1st birthday! xballonxbirthday
I still listen to it like crazy.

Top Bottom