11 2.6%

6 1.4%

8 1.9%

3 0.7%

5 1.2%

26 6.0%

• Total voters

Milos-BC

I voted for them 7 times. And now in letters - SEVEN times.

If someone told me this before, I would probably say that he is crazy :lol: The song started to work on me just before ESC, and their ESC performance blew me away completely. I seriously think it's one of the best performances EVER on ESC. Everything was top-notch. The singing, the backdrop, the camera angles........it was directed like a movie.

At the end I can say it is truly underrated. It deserved at least top 5, even top 3. But still, 7th place is a great result and you should be proud.

lacrymea

I voted for them 7 times. And now in letters - SEVEN times.

If someone told me this before, I would probably say that he is crazy :lol: The song started to work on me just before ESC, and their ESC performance blew me away completely. I seriously think it's one of the best performances EVER on ESC. Everything was top-notch. The singing, the backdrop, the camera angles........it was directed like a movie.

At the end I can say it is truly underrated. It deserved at least top 5, even top 3. But still, 7th place is a great result and you should be proud.

Yeah, i totally get you. I voted for it the allowed 20 times. T-W-E-N-T-Y times! I've been watching Eurovision since i can remember but never voted before :lol: In my heart, they were the winners. In my mind, they came 5th (as result of televote). I choose to ignore juries this year xbeee

Kairit

Yeaah.. :) I love 'The Only Sound' a lotlotlot as well.
Horrors was quite popular here as well at some point. Although not really my style. :D But I think 'It Was You' and 'I Wanna Meet Bob Dylan' are definetly the best ones, still.

Outloudz's album 'Wide Awake' is actually the last physical album I've ever bought, a few years back. I was like, hell yes, finally some Estonian guys are making some damn good music, after they came second on Eesti Laul. I think a lot of people had the same reaction. That's when I really started to love him. Most of the songs he writes he writes with Fred Krieger, though (with a few exceptions like GTY, for example). But I don't think they're working on Outloudz' music anymore, it's a gone project. Right now at least. :D

carl1

The official video passed the 4 million mark xcheer
This song has been an absolute success hasnt it? Over 4 million views, charting well on iTunes, 7th place and we got points from countries we usually never get.
There is no way we will have a better song next year, or ever in ESC :D

Louloubelle

Im Estonian and I didn't know much about Stig before he participated in eurovision but this guy really makes good music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTBU2nS-IU woah :D.

So agree with the above quote (except I'm a Brit now living in Oz lol!). In fact I wrote something similar a few days ago below :)

At first I was gutted about the draw, however do agree that it is such a stand out song and confident that the faithful fans of GTY will still vote in droves - I know I Will!!!!

On another note, if it wasn't for this song I wouldn't have discovered the amazing Stig Rästa - I have downloaded all his stuff (including Outloudz). Speaking of Outloudz, I cannot believe that I had never heard "It Was You" ( http://youtu.be/GzTBU2nS-IU ) in my life! I love it so much I even used it for a work presentation and also as the backing for my 2 year old sons Birthday Video!

So even if Estonia don't win, I'm sure they have made so many new fans from across the world!

Absolutely love "It Was You"! I have it on repeat with GTY daily now!

lilka

#17 on Polish iTunes

Marie Jane

The official video passed the 4 million mark xcheer
This song has been an absolute success hasnt it? Over 4 million views, charting well on iTunes, 7th place and we got points from countries we usually never get.
There is no way we will have a better song next year, or ever in ESC :D

Rändajad & Kuula were better, IMO. :p

Kairit

Yeah, I somehow do also feel like Rändajad & Kuula were better. Rändajad was just absolute magic and Kuula had so much more sincere power and emotion and meaning. When I see Ott's performance in Eurovision, it still takes my breath away, he sang his heart out. Both entries actually do, they are magic. They were both reallyreally great entries for Estonia. Both also Estonian, but got very far, which is amazing. But maybe it's just that I've listened to GTY too much and heard about it too much that I'm just absolutely sick of it. :D

carl1

Well I might agree that "Rändajad" was better, that was stunning.
But for "Kuula", maybe, if we are talking about the studio version, but I hate how he ruined the song with those cheesy and unnecessary screams, I did NOT vote for the screams in that years Eesti laul edition. :D
But we got the 6th place with Ott so what do I complain. :D

Pawhlen

Ot´s almost near a "scandal" that this didn´t made the jury top 5, I really thought they would be loved by the jury

DanielLuis

Ot´s almost near a "scandal" that this didn´t made the jury top 5, I really thought they would be loved by the jury

It was scandalous how the jury placed them only 10th in the semi-final, I will never understand that one

lilka

Well I might agree that "Rändajad" was better, that was stunning.
But for "Kuula", maybe, if we are talking about the studio version, but I hate how he ruined the song with those cheesy and unnecessary screams, I did NOT vote for the screams in that years Eesti laul edition. :D
But we got the 6th place with Ott so what do I complain. :D

Only "Rändajad" was better. But only SLIGHTLY better. ;)

GRE

7th place is a good place.
BUT
producers destroyed this entry, by puting it so early and after Israel. It could have done even better in televoting.
I am not going to say anything about the stupid juries who gave to this only 53 points...
I voted for this one.

eerik

Excuses, excuses...

If song A gets outdone by song B, then it's song A's fault for being undifferentiable.
If a song is forgotten after 20+ other songs, then it's that song's fault for not being memorable enough.

Sammy

Veteran
I think some songs can more easily create their atmosphere in video or on smaller stages, than on the big eurovision stage. this might be an example.

GRE

5th place in televoting isn't enough ???
Juries destroyed this entry !

Marie Jane

I never understood why so many people expected this to be top3 with the juries. :p

And this is a bit overrated, honestly. Is a good song, not great.

Top Bottom