17 7.2%

18 7.7%

13 5.5%

15 6.4%

13 5.5%

34 14.5%

• Total voters

Milos-BC

Deserved non-qualification. Weak entry with a weak (yet highly ambitious) choreography. She did her best but in a situation like this, and she performed the song the best way she could, but the final result was her maximum.

estonia

It wasnt deserved. She deserved final.. This song was'nt weaker than Iceland for example!!!!!

estonia

Yes sorry, Eerik.. Your calculations were right. BUT we weren't last in televoting. Wikipedia has wrong information. If I calculated it right we were 14th, cause wikipedia's information included Albania, Montenegro, Moldova and San Marino jury into televoting points..

12Points

Just downloaded Kui Tuuled Poorduvad, what an addicting song even though this isn't a dance song :eek:, Sven Lohmus is really good at making music, if only this was Estonia's entry :)

DanielLuis

Yes sorry, Eerik.. Your calculations were right. BUT we weren't last in televoting. Wikipedia has wrong information. If I calculated it right we were 14th, cause wikipedia's information included Albania, Montenegro, Moldova and San Marino jury into televoting points..

It's true, the pages on Wikipedia also added those votings that they shouldn't add to televoting, because they are jury voting afterall.

henhu

At least we learned 2 things from this year:

1. Dance songs don't work work any more, we shouldn't send them (Thank you Tanja, at least we don't repeat the same mistake next times).
2. We must send our entries in Estonian! It has always worked.

Also: No point for artists to rehearse difficult choreography for months if they don't want to show it in Eurovision. xdoh

manggaleh

They included those country, because that how it's work when 100 % televoting still used
just because some countries televoting failed, doesn't mean their vote wouldn't count they use back up juries vote instead

Odalis

Just downloaded Kui Tuuled Poorduvad, what an addicting song even though this isn't a dance song :eek:, Sven Lohmus is really good at making music, if only this was Estonia's entry :)

Estonia got what they deserved after failing to choose such a brilliant song.
Same goes to Latvia.
Karma, biatch :twisted:

estonia

They included those country, because that how it's work when 100 % televoting still used
just because some countries televoting failed, doesn't mean their vote wouldn't count they use back up juries vote instead
Okay, I'm sorry. Don't know much about these things..

eerik

I promised to write a proper review of Estonia in Eurovision 2014, but I've been busy doing nothing so that's not happening. So I'll just keep it short and bring out three main points that I would have written in my review.

1. Desperate, special "made for Eurovision" productions are bound to fail
Tanja was the only one in Eesti Laul 2014 whose main goal was getting to the Eurovision Song Contest. The others were there to present themselves and their music, and getting to the Eurovision would have been a great bonus for them, but Tanja admitted that getting to the Eurovision stage had been a long-time dream of hers. "Amazing" was written directly for that purpose and everything was done with Eurovision in mind. That's the problem. You cannot write and produce an intensional winner. Taking inspiration from previous winners and other successful entries, and formulating an idea of what you think will do well gives you an utterly bland result that lacks soul and character, which the source of inspiration most likely had. And that's exactly what I think of Amazing, it's dull and boring.

2. The excessive choreography was useless
Although I never liked the song itself, even I thought the choreography and stage show would impress the European audience and get us the the final. Boy was I wrong. Nothing worked. The stage was way too big, backdrops were hideous, camerawork and editing terrible. We were easily outdone by many simple and elegant performances, such as Sweden and the Netherlands. Now that I think about it, the performance wasn't that impressive at Eesti Laul either...

3. About the language
Six editions of Eesti Laul. Six winners. Three in Estonian and three in English. All three Estonian winners have done better than the three English winners. That's a fact. I'm not saying our English entries would have been better if they were done in Estonian, but the English language certainly didn't make them more appealing to the European audience either. Oh when will they learn?

eerik

It's not like Estonians chose Tanja because she sang in English?

I don't know how much it affected Tanja's victory, but there is a strong sentiment that we should send "Eurovision songs" to Eurovision. That means uptempo songs in English, with a lot of happening on stage. Amazing is pretty much a perfect example of that. We are a very small country but we have loads of self-claimed "Eurovision experts" who think they know exactly what's going to do well at Eurovision. Every year I see many "my favourite is X but we should send Y to Eurovision" type of commentaries in local media. When Ott Lepland won Eesti Laul 2012 there were many, including some big "have-been" names, who publicly bashed the choice because it was in Estonian. Even the people I watched Eesti Laul final together with, who were huge Lepland fans. The "experts" didn't go away when Ott finished 6th in Baku, because they can always say "well, it didn't win".

12Points

I don't know how much it affected Tanja's victory, but there is a strong sentiment that we should send "Eurovision songs" to Eurovision. That means uptempo songs in English, with a lot of happening on stage. Amazing is pretty much a perfect example of that. We are a very small country but we have loads of self-claimed "Eurovision experts" who think they know exactly what's going to do well at Eurovision. Every year I see many "my favourite is X but we should send Y to Eurovision" type of commentaries in local media. When Ott Lepland won Eesti Laul 2012 there were many, including some big "have-been" names, who publicly bashed the choice because it was in Estonian. Even the people I watched Eesti Laul final together with, who were huge Lepland fans. The "experts" didn't go away when Ott finished 6th in Baku, because they can always say "well, it didn't win".
Did the "have beens" bashed Birgit too? :(

Happiness

Is the guy she was dancing with her boyfriend? They were looking like so damn a nice couple.

manggaleh

Well, 6th place was beyond Ott's own expectation .
He said that he didn't expect that high placement because he sang in estonian and didn't have many special effects

Top Bottom