Contact us

?ESKO - Czech Republic - Tereza Kerndlová - Have Some Fun

TF100

cz.gif

1929243-tereza-kerndlova-pri-svem-vystoupeni-ve-druhem-semifinale-eurovize.jpg

aletem

The best legs of 2008!! :cool: She only got 9 points!? :eek: :evil:

martin

i think this song was one of the best song that year same with norway and iceland. I can,t understarnd why europe gave it just 9 points

Milos-BC

I was in the arena that night, and i thought it was going to qualify. It is a good song, nothing OUTSTANDING, but the best Czech entry of the 3 they had :) It was underrated :(

Alexu

imno12u said:
She was just as generic as Ukraine and Greece, so why didnt she do as well, I wonder...

Agree!
It's one of my favorites from 2008...

Same thing for Romania 2009...I think it was the same type of song as Turkey 2009 or Armenia 2008, or Greece 2008, up-beated songs, simple lyrics...beautiful girls dancing....but Romania came 19th, while all the rest in top 5. I think is very important which country is represented by a certain song....is not a receipe that works for everybody...don't know why... :roll:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
There are a lot of factors why Czech Republic didn't do as well as similar 'chick shaking hips' songs.

First of all her live vocals were quite bad, out of pitch and thin thin thin voice. Kalomira's (Greece 2008) voice was just as weak but they did a better job in covering it up by having decent backing vocals. I mean Kalomira never really sang by herself, she always had support.

And the Czech song just didn't have the catchiness that is required to do well (to most people, i know some will disagree). The melody and the lyrics were dull and just didn't stick.

And the actual performance and choreography was forgettable (I don't even remember it).

So I believe there was not one main reason but a lot of different factors causing this song to bomb last year.

I personally don't care for this kind of music (Czech, Greece, Ukraine 2008 or Romania 2009 just a few examples) but even to me the Czech song was the weakest one out of those 4 I just mentioned.

TF100

You forgot the most obvious reason: it was my favourite! It's an unwritten rule of ESC that my favourite can never do well.

In my opinion it's still far closer to 'real world' music than anything else in ESC 08, it has hints of both "Say It Right" and "Jai Ho" amongst other things, and the choreography was the most similar to what you'd see on an actual chart/music award show these days.

ParadiseES

It was a good song, but was completely destroyed on the stage with that cheap hip-hop version and her weak vocals.
It could've qualified with the first version which was so sweet :(

94ayd

Yeah, at first it seemed nice, though a bit forgettable and actual perfomance was LOL! The dresses, the DJ, the moves... Everything screamed cheap American pop/R 'n B video... :lol: Her singing really didn't help and she could've at least covered her ears. The hairstyle didn't really help, either. The song is really catchy after more listening, though. ;)

Stella

it was a nice song,and stage performance,though not that strong,but catchy,especially with Twiins on stage :)
And because this and the 2009 are the only songs I know from Czeh R. from esc,I love this more :)

nofuxCZ

More than 4 years since Tereza's failure in ESC. She hasn't stopped doing music (unfortunately, but at least she doesn't sing in English anymore), so if there is anyone interested - here are some of her songs that she released after Eurovision:

Tereza Kerndlová - Schody z nebe

Tereza Kerndlová & Richard Müller - Klid, mír a pokora

And her latest single, Tepe srdce mý

Fluke

What a mess! It was..... okay, i guess, kind of, but it's just the kind of number that's doomed not to really make any impression in the ESC, and it seems like they were trying to do too many things at once, both in the music and on stage.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This song was awful. I'm not going to try and doubt that. But I have full confidence that if you released it in the U.S. but replaced "Tereza Kerndlová" with "Rihanna" or "Beyoncé" or "Carly Rae Jepsen" or even "Katy Perry," critics and the public would be falling over themselves to call it the greatest artistic achievement of our time, which pisses me off to no end.

Top Bottom