Contact us

ESC United - Vote for your Favorite Eurovision Songs: CURRENTLY - BEST ITALIAN ENTRIES 1956-2019

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The Eurovision 2019 season is over and while there may be a little break before the 2020 season kicks off, it doesn't mean that we have to be bored and not do anything. The ESC United Forum is the heart and soul of our community and its members are diverse, with a broad taste in music and has an appreciation for all songs, not just the current bops.

So during the off-season, the members of the forum get to take part in a series of polls and votes, starting with your favorite winners, moving on to the second places, third places, last places, best entries from a specific country etc.

Only members of the forum get to vote in the poll and the results will be posted on the ESC United Youtube page which has grown a lot over the last few years. So you will be the "face" of the community so choose wisely. Over the next few months, I will post the link to the polls here. There aren't many rules, you know how it works.

1. Use the link to vote for your Top 10
2. Please make sure to list your Username, NOT your real or another fake name, otherwise your votes will not be counted
3. If we have reached the maximum number of votes or you have issues accessing the link, you can also post your top 10 in this thread or send me a PM and they will be counted as well
4. I need at least 50 votes per round. I will only open it up to our Twitter, Facebook and & Youtube Followers if we don't reach that number within the allotted time slot.
5. Please make sure to listen to all songs that are in the running, not just based on recent memory. What we want to avoid is people only voting for the recent songs. If you don't want to vote for songs that are older than 10 years, this is not the right game for you.

I hope that you will take part in these results and videos will be the official ESC United Ranking for the world to see.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand we're done with the Netherlands. Your votes have been counted and the results will be posted very soon. Thanks for your votes but it's not over, it's time to vote once again.

Italy has had quite a run since their return to the contest in 2011 but they were already quite impressive even before that which includes two wins and a bunch of amazing songs. So it only makes sense to give this Big 5 the attention it truly deserves. It's time to vote for your favorite Italian entries of all times. As always, please consider ALL entries, not just the more recent ones. For your convenience, I included the recap below.

This recap only does not include 2019 but i'm certain that you are quite familiar with that one :)

Please vote in our poll, just click HERE while you can. If we don't receive enough votes, we will open it up to our YT followers to fill the remaining spots but our Forum folks will get to vote first. You can also post your votes in public here and they will be counted or just send me a PM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Results:
Best Winners

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: ESC United - Vote for your Favorite ESC Songs: CURRENTLY - BEST WINNERS 1956-2019

Done! Basically all of my winners (but one) were from this millennium

Alaska49

Re: ESC United - Vote for your Favorite ESC Songs: CURRENTLY - BEST WINNERS 1956-2019

please don't vote for rock n roll kids and running scared everyone! other than that i am fine with anything that happens

jamala was the only winner from this decade to make it to my top 10, which is weird because i am fine with most of them?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I am also asking people who have NOT listened to all winners to not vote in this poll. I already see a bunch of voters who virtually only voted for songs from the past 12 years. This is supposed to be a representative ranking so please take the time and listen to all the songs in the spirit of the game and Eurovision.

Citelis

Does full ranking needed or just top 10?

Citelis

VOTED and i hope that we will get results. Actually that's not difficult since i have ranked all the winners long time ago. And OMG who watches Eurovision and hasn't listened to all winners?

Emmelie de Forest is by far my all time favorite winner and my favorite Eurovision entry. From 00s only Marie N is in my top 10 winners. 4 of my favorite winners come from 90s, 2 from 80s and one from 70s.

Alaska49

I am also asking people who have NOT listened to all winners to not vote in this poll. I already see a bunch of voters who virtually only voted for songs from the past 12 years. This is supposed to be a representative ranking so please take the time and listen to all the songs in the spirit of the game and Eurovision.
this is a bit of a lost cause though, isn't it? there will always be recency bias. even if everyone listens to every winner, most people will still send ballots of mostly recent winners just because old eurovision isn't really to their taste, and you won't be able to know if they truly did listen to every winner or not.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

this is a bit of a lost cause though, isn't it? there will always be recency bias. even if everyone listens to every winner, most people will still send ballots of mostly recent winners just because old eurovision isn't really to their taste, and you won't be able to know if they truly did listen to every winner or not.

I included that the rules,only voting for the most recent years is not a desired option. I understand that a few individual may think that the best eurovision winners ever were the 10 most recent songs but the game is not for them.

Mainshow

Veteran

Actually, I thought that I would be voting for 9 winners from this century because I'm one of those fans who actually don't really give a damn about Eurovision pre-1997 but oh well, I was so wrong - my vote is very balanced: I voted for 5 winners from the 20th century xD Some winners were just undeniably brilliant and epic.

Mainshow

Veteran

Actually, I thought that I would be voting for 9 winners from this century because I'm one of those fans who actually don't really give a damn about Eurovision pre-1997 but oh well, I was so wrong - my vote is very balanced: I voted for 5 winners from the 20th century xD Some winners were just undeniably brilliant and epic.

And pls: Don't vote for "Waterloo" - It's so f***Ing overrated.

harey

Voted!

Reinventor

Voted (and most from pre-2000, my absolute favorite being Apres Toi)

PebbleS

Voted!

1959 is the oldest in my list, and I came to the conclusion that 1997 - Love Shine a Light is my all time favourite. xheart

(This is also my very first post on this forum)

Mainshow

Veteran

Welcome to the forum

Citelis

You are not the only one who loves ''Love shine a light''. :) Its my 2nd favorite winner of all time only behind ''Only teardrops''.

njdevils94

Veteran

I tried to vote but it said votes not accepted because I hadn't made an account. Then I made one but it wouldn't let me vote :?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I tried to vote but it said votes not accepted because I hadn't made an account. Then I made one but it wouldn't let me vote :?

YOu can post your votes in here or send me a PM as well.

midnightsun

Veteran

Welcome! :)

1997 - Love Shine a Light is my all time favourite. xheart

That song somehow annoyed me when it won - I LOVED the runner-up so much, I honestly thought and was convinced Ireland would do it AGAIN!
But when I listened to LSAL recently - and I did not listen to it for at least a decade - I found it surprisingly good and a great, powerful and probably deserved winner in terms of Eurovision. It's not in my top 10 though.

But a Dutch winner is in my top ten and surprise, it's not Duncan! :mrgreen:

Top Bottom