Contact us

ESC United - Live Hangouts & Podcast: Switzerland & Design Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Hi everyone! There are a lot of updates coming your way soon so stay tuned for more. The first item I'd like to discuss is our latest project "ESC United Live Hangouts".

Starting next week, I will host Live Hangouts via Google discussing anything Eurovision related. The goal is to have up to three guests join me to have a conversation and everyone else can join in as well in the chat. Initially I am shooting for weekly hangouts but as the ESC season kicks into gear, that number may go up.

I will post the links on here soon. In the meantime, I am looking for the first round of "volunteers" to join me for the first Google Hangout Session of the year. This is what you'll need:

1. Google Live Hangout (Google+) account
2. A decent microphone (please test it first)
3. A webcam. If you don't feel comfortable using a webcam, you can come up with a picture that is representing you. I will provide addtl details to you.
4. A decent grasp of the English language. We don't expect fluency, as long as you can keep up with the conversation you're good to go.

If you are interested in joining me for the first session, please send me a PM HERE and we'll talk. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of sessions and I want to bring in as many people as possible over the next few months. As we are going to be doing a lot of live hangouts in Kiev, we figured it makes sense to start now and hope you'll join in with us.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: ESC United - Live Hangouts

Our first Live Hangout session of the season will take please on Friday. Festivali I kenges Final is coming up and we'll be online so let's all hang out and chat along. If you're interested, you can join me on cam or just follow along in the chat room. Make sure to subscribe to our YT channel so you won't miss any updates! See you this Friday!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: ESC United - Live Hangouts & Podcast: Belarus and Georgia

Next up:

This Wednesday I'm planning on holding a Podcast session reviewieng the Belarusian songs. If you are interested in joining the panel, please send me a PM. It's probably going to take place in the late afternoon, early evening but can be pushed back if needed.

Same goes for the Georgian NF, I'm hoping to get them both done on Wednesday, unless we run out of time.

If you'd like to join in, all you need is skype and a decent mic, the sound quality needs to be good and somewhat professional. Contact me via PM on here or reach out to me on Facebook. I will provide details and answer your questions.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Thank you Zach and Calvin, the podcast for Belarus is up. Georgia coming up later today.

http://escunited.com/2017/01/19/podcast-belarus-nf-song-review-and-ranking/

If you are around next week, we'll be reviewing the songs from the United Kingdom. Contact me via PM if you're interested in joining in, we may have one additional slot.

EscGeek

Veteran

I'm listening to your finland podcast...(obviously because i have a HUGE favorite in umk 2017)

at 30:57 "There's one guy on the forum who absolutely adores it"

Oh you bet I do xlol xheat

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I'm listening to your finland podcast...(obviously because i have a HUGE favorite in umk 2017)

at 30:57 "There's one guy on the forum who absolutely adores it"

Oh you bet I do xlol xheat

Ahh, I should haven known :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Speaking of, many thanks to [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] & [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] for joining me this week. Here is the Finland podcast where we discuss the ten entries. In the UK, Georgia and Belarus, the song that our panel gave the official ESC United endorsement to, ended up winning. Let's see if we can keep it up.

http://escunited.com/2017/01/27/podcast-finland-nf-song-review-and-ranking/

ZoboCamel

[MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] Just went to check your upload of the Finland podcast and it seems like you made a bit of a typo - the link for the MP3 version goes to the UK podcast file, not the Finland one.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

@Matt Just went to check your upload of the Finland podcast and it seems like you made a bit of a typo - the link for the MP3 version goes to the UK podcast file, not the Finland one.

No, I did not. Check, it's working... And No, I totally didn't just fix it.....I don't make mistakes AND NEVER EVER FORGET THAT

#oops

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The next podcast is scheduled for this Wednesday at 23:59 CET, so basically Thursday midnight for most folks in Europe. If you are interested in joining us reviewing the Swiss entries, chat about the slogan, logo and some other topics, just PM me.

Thanks.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
We will have another podcast this Wednesday, this time we'll be covering Malta. Due to the inconvenient time difference, it'll be late. I am planning on starting the podcast at 23:59 EST this Wednesday, so almost Thursday. If you'd like to join in, let me know via PM.

Top Bottom