Contact us

ESC 2022 Misheard Lyrics

theditz83

Veteran
Time to start up this thread again. Let's share our misheard lyrics from the ESC 2022 entries!

:al: coming in strong proclaiming her love for French sweet treats @ 02:26 in...
Actual lyrics: Ma ka lon, ma ka lon
Misheard lyrics: Macaron, Macaron

french-macaron-recipe.jpg

giphy.gif

Bobjan FR

When i listen to Farfalle by Sangiovanni (San remo of this year)

When he say "Vengo verso di te", idk why i hear "ver solitaire" which means in French "tapeworm" :3

Dozypoints

:no:

Actual: yum, yum, yum...
Misheard: Miau, miau, miau... (portuguese translations of meow, a cat sound...)

:ROFLMAO: I know yum makes sense. but before I read the the lyrics I was like "why would the make a cat sound if they are wolves..." xstars
Same here :lol::lol:

Lance Esgard

From the Netherlands, I'd swear she sees "But that's all they so say." But it really is "Dat zou altijd zo zijn".

I also hear the 'Oeh. Aha'. as 'Who. Are."

...But actually., though, I've started to hear the WHOLE song in English. It started with the lines above, then spread to the chorus and went from there. There's something about the Dutch pronunciation that lends itself to detecting English-like sounds.

MooseShoes

Despite Chanel's professional display, the trashy lyrical content of "Slo mo" has definitely made this my "The moon is rising" for 2022 when it comes to misheard lyrics (and not just misheard but not understood at all lyrics).

Nº1: Actual lyrics: "Drives you loco."
What I hear: "Spicy loco."

Probably not that stragne, I think this is just the result of the awful lyrics to "El Diablo" still being stuck in my head one year on.

Nº2: Actual lyrics: "If you wish, you could do this dembow."
What I hear: "If you wann shake your titties, then go!"

Well, I've just had to Google "dembow" so it's fairly understandable I'd never have understood that.

Nº3: Actual lyrics: "Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo" (Transation: "If you still don't believe me, then I'll just have to show you."
What I hear: "Y si aún no me creen, pues me tocan el trasero." (Translation: "If you still don't believe me, then you can touch my bottom.")

Sin comentarios. Anyway, well done Chanel and :es:!

Chalphon

Despite Chanel's professional display, the trashy lyrical content of "Slo mo" has definitely made this my "The moon is rising" for 2022 when it comes to misheard lyrics (and not just misheard but not understood at all lyrics).

Nº1: Actual lyrics: "Drives you loco."
What I hear: "Spicy loco."

Probably not that stragne, I think this is just the result of the awful lyrics to "El Diablo" still being stuck in my head one year on.

Nº2: Actual lyrics: "If you wish, you could do this dembow."
What I hear: "If you wann shake your titties, then go!"

Well, I've just had to Google "dembow" so it's fairly understandable I'd never have understood that.

Nº3: Actual lyrics: "Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo" (Transation: "If you still don't believe me, then I'll just have to show you."
What I hear: "Y si aún no me creen, pues me tocan el trasero." (Translation: "If you still don't believe me, then you can touch my bottom.")

Sin comentarios. Anyway, well done Chanel and :es:!

Omg I laughed out loud at the No2 :D

Since I listened to a lot of reggae in the 90's I actually do know what dembow (dem bow) is (shout out Shabba Ranks). I didn't hear that that was what she was singing however...

blue00eyes

Cyprus:
I heard "the rush is from above, it feels so heavenly" instead of "the rush is from my perfect view, so heavenly"

titityy

:ee:

I realized today only that the chorus is literally "I hope I hope… I hope I hope“. I always thought he was singing „hi ho hi ho“‘(Western whoop).
And I was thinking why this song was called hope… :ROFLMAO:
Thanks to reading this discussion, I also just found out now that the chorus has actual lyrics 😂

Top Bottom