Contact us

ESC 2017 - TONIGHT: GRAND FINAL

Johnny992

EBU has some serious problems to solve!
Those are :cy: and :gr: juries! Their excange of 12pts was just discousting!
And also :am: and :az: juries bottomed each other again!
These 2 examples are not the only ones influenced by politics.
Dear EBU, if you have in plan to kick out Ukraine and Russia for 1 year, I think you should do the same with these 4 conturies.
And dear fans, Eurovision will not lose anything if these conturies make 1 year break!!!

ESCada

There was one thing that pissed me off
For years the Ex-Yugoslavian countries have been blamed for neighborly voting and after seeing some patterns repeat with juries last night I have to say that basically I think we are stupid to not vote for Croatia.
And more for Croatia and Serbia in the semi final.
I'm not saying give it a 12 ...... But 6-7-8 points would have been logical.
Being objective bites u in the ass ..... Especially at EUROVISION.

ag89

Second time in 3 years Austria got 0 with televote. And both after successful previous year. (winning and coming 8th with televote).

AlekS

Veteran
Eurovision will not lose anything if these conturies make 1 year break!!!
This forum won't lose anything if you make 1 year break & spit your rude and childish remarks out somewhere else.

I actually liked the guy who flashed his butt
Finally you like someone Ukrainian :rolleyes:

I thought that was Australian man was really disrespectful towards Jamala.
It was Ukrainian troll who worked for 1 TV channel. Once he attacked his first celebrity (Adele, Madonna, Kim Kardashian to name a few from the list) he was fired. He's now detained and awaiting the court's decision - from being fined to being imprisoned. I'd checked his mental condition instead ^_^

midnightsun

Veteran
Tbh, I could clearly see coming Austria not doing well in televote. I even predicted this in another thread. This song is even more bland than Levina's, how on earth would anyone vote for this? I said the same about Netherlands and Denmark and Poland and I was right. All of them boring songs with a boring performance. Juries ranked all of them really too high. Jury voting was shocking anyway. I didn't think the Australian song was that bad, I actually liked it, but that many points by the juries? No way. Also, too much unfairness in the voting this year. Only 2 points for Bulgaria from Ukraine, zero by the juries (!), 2 by televote only. For obvious political reasons. Not nice.
I loved seeing Moldova third, it was really deserved. I can see juries awarding Azerbaijan with 12 points because it was an outstanding performance. I'm surprised it didn't get more votes, especially from the juries.

Johnny992

This forum won't lose anything if you make 1 year break & spit your rude and childish remarks out somewhere else.

Finally you like someone Ukrainian :rolleyes:

It was Ukrainian troll who worked for 1 TV channel. Once he attacked his first celebrity (Adele, Madonna, Kim Kardashian to name a few from the list) he was fired. He's now detained and awaiting the court's decision - from being fined to being imprisoned. I'd checked his mental condition instead ^_^

I do not get how can someone be fan of sth (in this case ESC) and suport corruption in jury voting. The statement you made is so childish!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Congrats to Portugal xcheer I am a bit late because I was away the whole week (and I didn't comment because of that), but I will write another post later :D

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me during the jury voting:

giphy.gif

Me during the televote:

giphy.gif

Me after realising Portugal won:

giphy.gif

Literally. I guarantee you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

AlekS

Veteran
I do not get how can someone be fan of sth (in this case ESC) and suport corruption in jury voting. The statement you made is so childish!
I don't get how someone can be a ESC fan & xenophobic in the same time xshrug
Except Portugal I liked Belarus, and I'm gonna vote for my neighbours if I like their entries without justifying my choice as I did no crime :roll:

Our televoters disliked both Armenian and Azerbaijani entries so I don't get why these 2 can't dislike each other even without politics. If the jury turns out political then why should ordinary televoters be kicked out as well? :rolleyes: Greece & Cyprus share the same music scene so corruption is not even needed in this case.

randajad

Veteran
Oh gawd, now it is xenophobic pointing out that we are all tired of watching over and over how always the same countries exchange 12 points. But it is okay, unless Balkan tribes do the same.

AlekS

Veteran
Oh gawd, now it is xenophobic pointing out that we are all tired of watching over and over how always same cou tries exchange 12 points. But it is okay, unless Balkan tribes do the same.
No, it's xenophobic to demand to kick all those countries out just because you don't like them.

randajad

Veteran
No, it's xenophobic to demand to kick all those countries out just just because you don't like something.
I am quite sure, it was more of an overstatement, than he really meant it. I'd happily kick them all out tho.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Posting this here as well:

May we also take a moment to talk about Sacha Jean-Baptiste?

Georgia failed to qualify, Australia didn't captivate televoters and Armenia had a terrible placing.

Bulgaria got 2nd, and that was the simplest staging.

Ouch!

Alaska49

AND THINKING WE ALMOST SENT VIVA LA DIVA!
this is even more hilarious to me now. one of the biggest televote winners ever in eurovision... failed to win the televote in their own country over something really generic and uninspired and the portuguese people were pissed and certain they'd have an embarassment of a result. so ridiculous. xheart

DanielLuis

this is even more hilarious to me now. one of the biggest televote winners ever in eurovision... failed to win the televote in their own country over something really generic and uninspired and the portuguese people were pissed and certain they'd have an embarassment of a result. so ridiculous. xheart

*Some Portuguese people!

And honestly, the supporters of Viva la Diva were mostly outdated Eurovision fans. There was literally 0 hype for that song on youtube, on social media, etc! All the talk was mostly about Salvador Sobral, and the small part that wasn't about Salvador was about Pedro Gonçalves.

Top Bottom