Contact us

ESC 2017 news (production, pics etc.)

Amethystos

Ukraine should be banned for at least a year.
Or else let's Portugal decide which will be the singers of all the songs according to it's laws.... xclap

Realest

Ukraine should be banned for at least a year.
Or else let's Portugal decide which will be the singers of all the songs according to it's laws.... xclap

If some Ukrainian Singer broke Portuguese Laws, of course they should be banned. But Ukrainian Singer and Delegation are polite people who respect Hostcountries Laws in the opposite to Juliya and the Russian Delegation.

Sabiondo

If some Ukrainian Singer broke Portuguese Laws, of course they should be banned. But Ukrainian Singer and Delegation are polite people who respect Hostcountries Laws in the opposite to Juliya and the Russian Delegation.

The problem came that :ru: Channel One management wanted bitching their neighbour's organization after the :ua: victory last year since the begining, and obviously they wanted to put a black cloud in ''their'' Eurovision just for not go unnoticed and make :ua: looked bad with the EBU on popuse using a poor disable singer as decoy! And it seems that they are achieving it.

I think the best that can do UA: PBC is apart from filing a lawsuit in the European courts, is dissociate themselfs from the decision of the Ukrainian Intelligence Service on Samoilova ban since it is not their fault that the interests and sovereignty of their country are first that a musical show. Also they should be intelligent in not to fall into the plot of C1 just to not get a nbad relationship with the EBU, cause this could lead a 3 years of ban from participating in ESC - ( what that is the :ru: goal in this issue) and negotiate constructively in this situation.

Realest

The problem came that :ru: Channel One management wanted bitching their neighbour's organization after the :ua: victory last year since the begining, and obviously they wanted to put a black cloud in ''their'' Eurovision just for not go unnoticed and make :ua: looked bad with the EBU on popuse using a poor disable singer as decoy! And it seems that they are achieving it.

I think the best that can do UA: PBC is apart from filing a lawsuit in the European courts, is dissociate themselfs from the decision of the Ukrainian Intelligence Service on Samoilova ban since it is not their fault that the interests and sovereignty of their country are first that a musical show. Also they should be intelligent in not to fall into the plot of C1 just to not get a nbad relationship with the EBU, cause this could lead a 3 years of ban from participating in ESC - ( what that is the :ru: goal in this issue) and negotiate constructively in this situation.

Thats the Truth and thats why I can never understand why so many People are on Russias Side in this conflict although there arent 2 Opinions.

Ezio

Veteran
Ok, so here is some criticism on the stage.

First of all, I think many national finals looked better and more expensive like Eurovision this year. In particular I would say Melfest and Eesti Laul.

What strikes me is the following. In 2013, Ukraine asked for a very elaborate visualization for their act "Gravity". However, Sweden said no, not possible. Basically, I remember that they asked for some hologram extravaganza.

In 2017, at least three countries complained, that they could not get their idea on stage: Austria, Estonia and Macedonia.

Macedonia's idea could have easily brought them a Top 10 in the final. It involved a box and some magic.

Estonia looked very cheap compared to Eest Laul final.

And Austria just hosted two years ago, so they should know what is possible and what is not.

So, what happened? What happened to holograms and projections? Why were there so few props this year?

Was it the broadcaster's or the foreign executives' fault?

DanielLuis

Ok, so here is some criticism on the stage.

First of all, I think many national finals looked better and more expensive like Eurovision this year. In particular I would say Melfest and Eesti Laul.

What strikes me is the following. In 2013, Ukraine asked for a very elaborate visualization for their act "Gravity". However, Sweden said no, not possible. Basically, I remember that they asked for some hologram extravaganza.

In 2017, at least three countries complained, that they could not get their idea on stage: Austria, Estonia and Macedonia.

Macedonia's idea could have easily brought them a Top 10 in the final. It involved a box and some magic.

Estonia looked very cheap compared to Eest Laul final.

And Austria just hosted two years ago, so they should know what is possible and what is not.

So, what happened? What happened to holograms and projections? Why were there so few props this year?

Was it the broadcaster's or the foreign executives' fault?

The stage was going to be much more complex this year, and would allow for a lot more holograms and other effects of that type. But they had to do a simpler stage because of the high costs the initial plan had.

Pawhlen

Thats the Truth and thats why I can never understand why so many People are on Russias Side in this conflict although there arent 2 Opinions.

The thing that makes me the most angry in this complete f*cking failure (sorry for the bad language) is that EBU now confirms that it´s ONLY the host country that will be responsible if provocations occur. You can count on that if :az: or :am: wins in the near future, the opposite one will provocate as hell since only the host get´s all blame.

This kind of things NEVER even had rumours when Stockselius was EBU boss, but when Sand took over, corruption have been more and more every year.

I would rather say ban :ru: for 5-10 years for aware provocation. but since EBU is so afraid of Putin, that will never happen.

Jon Ola Sand and his nearest persons in EBU must resign if we want this contest to live on another 60 years

Realest

The thing that makes me the most angry in this complete f*cking failure (sorry for the bad language) is that EBU now confirms that it´s ONLY the host country that will be responsible if provocations occur. You can count on that if :az: or :am: wins in the near future, the opposite one will provocate as hell since only the host get´s all blame.

This kind of things NEVER even had rumours when Stockselius was EBU boss, but when Sand took over, corruption have been more and more every year.

I would rather say ban :ru: for 5-10 years for aware provocation. but since EBU is so afraid of Putin, that will never happen.

Jon Ola Sand and his nearest persons in EBU must resign if we want this contest to live on another 60 years

EBU appreciated Russia for hurting Ukraines Law. Ukraines Culture-Ministre said in Septembre that Russia is of course welcomed to Eurovision but under the requirement that they send a legal singer and that their law makes no exception. And he said that it would be pure provocation if they send on purpose an illegal singer. And look what they did 6 months later. And EBU watched and did nothing in that time. I bet next year Russia wont send Yulia, but someone who didnt break Ukraines Law.

AlekS

Veteran
BTW .. The Ukrainian HoD has told that officially EBU have no done a statement about changing the rules of Eurovision to them!

https://www.unian.net/politics/2061...nformatsiyu-ob-izmenenii-pravil-konkursa.html
BTW that's a lie. She didn't say "to them" - she said it wasn't published. It's a private info from the contract between the broadcaster/city host/government (if they're present as a side of the contract) and the EBU. The EBU will never reveal all the details of this contract, especially the safety part.

Moreover it was confirmed by the UA:pBC Board member 2 days ago:
http://stv.detector.media/reformuva..._bulo_tim_napryamom_na_yakomu_uryad_ekonomit/
As well as the Head of UA:pBC and people from the German broadcaster ARD.

Moreover #2 - the new EBU contract will be used against the EBU in the court.

AlekS

Veteran
Speaking of lies :cool:

Since certain ESC tabloids (and even dumb Ukrainian media) have already re-posted Russian fake untrue info that: "Auditors claim that €14 million of Eurovision funds were misused"...

Apparently they're so dumb they can't even read the source which they quote :lol:

Especially for them, the Head of the National Audit Office denied those fakes:
https://www.ukrinform.ru/rubric-cul...uditory-ne-nasli-ni-odnogo-fakta-hisenij.html
NONE of those money were stolen/misused.

According to my info as of now only less than 180 000 € has to be returned to UA:pBC and the budget until November 7. These money keep arriving to accounts daily so I can't say the exact amount :p

There's only 1 court case which will decide who should pay UA:pBC. + The EBU has to pay UA:pBC 60 000€.
14 million came mostly from technical mistakes in the documents (which didn't affect money) and terms of tenders (almost all of them) which were rushed because of the deadlines. Usually one tender lasts for 3-4 months instead of 2. Still it didn't influence anything as well :cool:

Top Bottom