Contact us

ESC 2010 FINAL - DISCUSSION

EvNickGR

The tv ratings yesterday in Greece was above 80% !!!All Greeks love Eurovision!! :D :D

Lugano

Gratuliere Deutschland! :)

Well deserved too, Lena sung it very well and she's really disarming. Sweet girl.

I was surprised by Israel's low placing since his performance was by far the best in the final imo, although not the best song.

I was also surprised by Romania's 3rd place. Really? It wasn't bad but it didn't really stand out either.

Excellent show this year, one of the best ever.

I have just joined (so apolgies if this has been discussed) but as the winners (GER) are one of the big four and automatically qualify, have TUR been given a bye into 2011?

ixic

dogmeat said:
ixic said:
did somebody else beside me think at first that intruder at Spanish performance was Remi Gaillard? :mrgreen:
No, he would definitely invent something more intelligent than just breaking into scene. He would wear a clown costume and dance with the rest of circus or something like that :]
you're right. at least, he would put some cones on the stage and try to bowl :lol:

Lugano

WelshEurovisionFan said:
I have just joined (so apolgies if this has been discussed) but as the winners (GER) are one of the big four and automatically qualify, have TUR been given a bye into 2011?

According to Dutch commentators Turkey will indeed qualify for the final automatically in 2011. I cannot guarantee 100% that this is correct but the Dutch usually have it right.

ParadiseES

Well, I think they'll decide all in the meeting EBU will have to analyze this ESC and start to prepare the next one. That's in June or July, I think, not sure...

fokmey

Samb said:
darrenmania said:
I am saying a truth which is known by everyone.
Let's call an armenian , a greek, a cypriot here

How many points do you usually give to these countries?
By the way, when Turkey won Cyprus gave you 8 points and Greece gave you 7. As for your accusations against Spain, i've aready answered to them and you simply did not reply.

Erm,

in 2001, 5 points to Greece.

in 2003, 4 points to Greece.

in 2004, 12 points to Greece in the semifinal. 5 points to Cyprus.
in the final, 10 points to Greece, 1 point to Cyprus.

in 2005, 12 points to Greece.

in 2006, 10 points to Armenia in the semifinal and final.
4 points to Greece in the final.

in 2007, 12 points to Armenia and 4 points to Greece in the final.

in 2008, 4 points to Cyprus in the semifinal.
10 points to Armenia and 7 points to Greece in the final.

in 2009, 10 points to Armenia in the semifinal and 6 points in the final

in 2010, 4 points to Armenia in the semifinal and 6 points in the final.
3 points to Greece in the final.

As you can see we always give points to Greece and Armenia. (we can ignore Armenia due to diaspora, i accept.)
We gave Cyprus a few points but it's just because Cyprus always sends crappy songs.

I really don't understand why Greece always ignore us. We always love their songs and vote for them but....i don't know. :?

Btw, don't take this in a wrong way, i just wrote those things cause you said "How many points do you usually give to these countries?". I'm very happy that Germany won. Satellite was my favourite and i vote for it 8 times. Eventually we gave Germany 10 points (We can see this as a 12 points cause our 12 is always for Azerbaijan. :roll: ) Turkey loved Lena, and maNga made us proud.

Samb

Thats fair enough. I didn't check the Turkish vote figures, but was disagreeing with the way the other poster was making it out as if there is some sort of conspiracy against Turkey. Thanks for your level-headed response.

fokmey

Samb said:
Thats fair enough. I didn't check the Turkish vote figures, but was disagreeing with the way the other poster was making it out as if there is some sort of conspiracy against Turkey. Thanks for your level-headed response.

You're welcome. ;) I agree with you expect Greece. :) I understand that Spain's, baltic countries' low points cause they have different taste and it's very normal. We don't usually give points to them either so it is fair enough. :D I just don't understand Greece's attitude. We have so much in common, our music taste almost the same and we give them always high points but they give us always low points. Maybe i can understand this year because we send a rock song but last year Hadise got only 3 points with a ethno song. Though Dum tek tek became a huge hit in Greece and peaked to 2nd on the Greece billboard chart.

bgrbns91

germany is winner but they are one of big 4 turkey is 2nd place will we go directly to final in 2011 ? i hope . where is the esc rules i wanna read it

Cagla

We send different kind of songs but unfortunately the same countries don't give us any points every year. I always want to see Greece as a brother country but i guess a lot of Greek people still have prejudgment about us. I never mind points but it's disappointing for me. :(

But i don't complain about it. If they don't like us or our song, it's their opinion and we cannot do anything.

I'm happy that we got some points from Serbia for the first time and it's amazing that we got 12 points from Croatia, and high points from Ukraine, Estonia etc.

I voted for Germany and i'm happy for the result. Maybe maNga could be the winner but 2nd place with a rock song is very great.

We should be happy and celebrate our 2nd best result in ESC. :p

starvinmarvin

Got the bad feeling that the ESC 2011 will be in Hamburg or Munich and not in Berlin, our capital and more interesting city! :x

starvinmarvin

darrenmania said:
I am not rude. Just saying the truth.

Accept it or not.

Sorry but you're just dumb.
Accept it or not.

Everyone here behaves nice and/or congrats Germany except most turkish people. What's wrong with you guys?

VedatiNet

I dont want to start fight so please dont misunderstand me but I really dont understand why should Albania give always points to Serbia. Im pretty sure that Serbian song didnt appeal to most of televoters nor juries but they give votes to them only in kind of friendship. I always find strange how Albania votes. Didnt agree most of the time.

94ayd

I know... Albania is the weirdest country ever, concerning votes - usually gives points to last place (Ireland 2007), as well as Spain. :lol:

Bonnie

Each country in the Eurovision Song Contest is entitled to enter just one song. The Contest final is limited to 25 songs. They consist of the following:

-The "Big 4" countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany and Spain) as they are the 4 largest economic contributors to the contest, and are rewarded with automatic spots in the final.
-Winner of last year (the host country), or the next highest winner if won by one of the Big 4
-10 qualifiers from Semi-final 1 - held on the Tuesday before the contest.
-10 qualifiers from Semi-final 2 - held on the Thursday before the contest.

quote from wiki.

It shows that Turkey won't take part in semi-finals. Automatically to final! YAY.

FallenAngelII

Bonnie said:
It shows that Turkey won't take part in semi-finals. Automatically to final! YAY.
I was gonna ask yesterday what would happen if a Big 4 country were to win this year. Apparently we now know the answer.

But it's actually better for Turkey to participate in a semi-final than not to since Turkey always comes up with a song at least good enough to make it to the final and it's better to have let the viewers see your number twice than just once.

scami

rjb99 said:
Jees..only one song can win: does that mean that every year we're going to get forty countries complaining that the only reason they lost was neighbours voting for neighbours... :roll:

Basically, yes :lol:

scami

Deltage said:
iI think it's actually true to some degree that some countries simply don't vote for some other countries, but I don't think it's political. They probably just don't pay that much attention to countries that aren't their neighbors or whose music they aren't familiar with.

I think this is it, it's that simple.

scami

Maleandro said:
When it comes to Spain not voting for turkey it could be because the music scene is a bit different.

A big part of the Spanish popular music does have folk rhythms in the ground and then add a modern sound on it.

Some of the most popular Spanish chart songs contain parts of copla and flamenco, like Bispal or Bustamante.

good explanation :)

Maleandro said:
And then there is the sad fact that not many people care about the contest in Spain and because of that less votes.

Yes, this is right, and among the people that do watch the show, many choose not to vote (this year I'm the only one that voted, from all the people I know wathcing the show :D )
An explanation for it could be the higher cost, in Spain, an SMS was 1,39eur, and a call even more, while in Germany for example, the call was 0,14eur and an SMS 0,20eur.... No comments!!!
If I'd be living in Germany, I would vote 20 times every year :D

Top Bottom