Contact us

E F F I L A N D ~ NSC 213: Amaranthe - Find Life

Barish

netta-1024x640.png

^the clue for Effiland's 7th song in WLSC

Barish

EFFILAND for WLSC 207

M a b e l M a t i z - T o y

Effiland is back with a recurring artist! The singer-songwriter of the debut entry "A Canım", Mabel Matiz is once more proudly representing Effiland in the 207th edition.

"Toy" means naive, novice, a young person with little life experience in Turkish.
Toy is a song with elements borrowed from traditional Anatolian both musically and lyrically, combined with a more modern style, basically tells the story of a young person facing the struggles of life.

You can find the translated lyrics as closed captions in the video.

Although Toy has a totally different meaning as a word in Turkish, the clue was it being spelled exactly the same in English word Toy, as in Netta's winning ESC song.

Barish

eltannouncement.jpg

efttransparent.png

PROUDLY PRESENTS

EFFINSK LÅTTÄVLINGEN

It has been many years since a national final was held in Effiland and that is going to change very soon! Effiland's national broadcaster EFT has just announced a new semiregular national final to mark the 10th appearance of Effiland in WLSC. the Effinsk Låttävling will be held for every 10th edition of WLSC.

5 songs, representing the 5 provinces of Effiland, will compete. 3 of these songs will be chosen internally by EFT. And also to strengthen the international cooperation between the nations of Natia, EFT announced that the Effinsk Låttävling is going to rekindle the ancient traditions of Effifestivalen, allowing two other nations to submit songs for the two provinces of Effiland as well.

More details to be announced during the 208th edition.

Stay tuned.​

Barish

EFFINSK LÅTTÄVLINGEN

ANNOUNCEMENT

As the day gets closer, the specifications of the new national final are getting finalised. The national final will be held in the town of Sjarnbörg, a ski resort located in the side of Mount Sjarni, a mere two and a half hour car journey from the capital city. Sjarnbörg is popular with winter sports and tourism and ELT will mark the start of ski season. The town itself is relatively small, however there are many hotels with large guest capacity, providing accomodation to the guests. The newly finished Mount Sjarni Conference Center (pictured below) will be the inaugural home of ELT, which is also going to be the first event the center holds.

mad-china-entrepreneur-forum-conference-centre-architecture-dezeen-1704-hero.jpg

As per the information released before, there will be five songs competeing to represent Effiland in the 210th edition of Waiting List Song Contest. The competing states are Harmanddur, Væstturland, Torvur, Grand Duchy of Breiðdalsbar, and Freierland.

You can find more information about the states on Effiland's official wiki page.

efttransparent.png

Barish

EFFINSK LÅTTÄVLING 1

THE TIME HAS COME!

Starting now, up until Dec 2 Wednesday 23.59, EfT is accepting guest entries for the national final. There's only two slots for the guest countries as three of the entries will be decided internally by EfT.

If you wish to participate, drop a reply to this thread stating your intent. I do not want to have to pick favourites via dms, so "first come first served" principle applies. I know it's not fair for the ones who missed the opportunity but I gave some thought and these feels like the fairest option. If you have any other idea my inbox is open.

Some general rules:
1. First four applications will be included. First two will be main, next two will be backup.​
2. Main applicants must send their entry and the name of the Effish state their entry represents until 02.12.2020 Wednesday 23.59. No exceptions.​
3. If main applicant's fail to send an entry in time, even a few minutes late, their slot will be given to the next applicant.​
4. By these last two rules, all four of the applicants should send their entry by the time stated above.​
5. If the third applicant (first backup) fails to send an entry, their slot will be given to the fourth (second backup)​
6. DO NOT disclose your entries on this thread. Send your entries via pm.​
7. The show will probably be live on Thursday and the guest entries will be kept classified until the results are declared.​
About your entries: Effifestivalen was a joyful occasion for me and many times the guest entries won. The main reason I accept entries and participate in these competitions is that I love discovering new music and your taste in music. So do not try to find a song that you think I like. I know what I like, I much rather would like to see what you like.​
And it's not forbidden exactly but songs that can easily be guessed to win and loved by everyone (for example: everyone loves Baby Got Back or Country Roads or idk What's Up by 4 Non Blondes) are frowned upon.​

And we love diversity, keep that in mind as well.

Names of the Effish States: Harmanddur, Væstturland, Torvur, Grand Duchy of Breiðdalsbar, and Freierland. You can find more information about the states on Effiland's official wiki page: https://nsc.fandom.com/wiki/Effiland#Administrative_Division

Happy Låttävling

efttransparent.png

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I won't reserve a spot right now as I can't think of a song I would enter without being one I intend to send one day in either WLSC or NSC :lol: If an idea strikes me and the spot is still free then I might enter but until then I'm leaving the field for other dear WLSC participants

Uto

Veteran
I'll PM you a second reserve entry within an hour or so.

Top Bottom