Contact us

Drama!

Verjamem

New episode of drama! xheya
Oikotimes: Romanian community in Brussels furious with Voltaj scandal

"We got in contact with the Romanian community and this smells really bad. Initially the Romanian community was informed by TVR and Voltaj management there was no budget to do any promotion so they could ‘unfortunately’ do no promotion. The Romanian community responded with an exceptional offer: full flights, accommodation and all expenses were to be covered to have Voltaj at the event on Saturday 25th April.

However the reply was shocking! The reply from Voltaj people was as follows ‘we are very sorry but our program is full so unfortunately we can not visit brussels for this event’. However our friends from the Romanian community contacted directly the band and their reply was really shocking: ‘Really do you think that Voltaj would even consider to come to Brussels for free and perform there? We want money, then we might think about it. We have never heard that for Eurovision you should perform for free somewhere’.

This was obviously unacceptable so the Romanian community stopped all negotiations. In the end Serbian delegation was present at the event so a shocking announcement was made on the day by the presenters. ‘As Voltaj didn’t want to come for various reasons we are very happy to welcome extra Bojana Stamenov, the serbian representative. so we know now surely to whom we have to vote for in the first semifinal for Eurovision’."

ZoboCamel

Not sure if this counts, as it was an Australia-only issue, but: they stuffed up our CDs! Every single one of them! When the CDs were released over here, 5 or 6 of the tracks (including our own) were horribly slowed down, pitch-shifted, and just generally awful. People were shouting about last-minute changes wrecking songs, individual retailers doing something or other, and just generally making a fuss. Eventually it turned out that the distributor over here (Sony or Universal or something) had printed a buggy version and sent it out to the retailers, and so they had to offer free replacements to everyone who'd bought the CD.

Pawhlen

Not sure if this counts, as it was an Australia-only issue, but: they stuffed up our CDs! Every single one of them! When the CDs were released over here, 5 or 6 of the tracks (including our own) were horribly slowed down, pitch-shifted, and just generally awful. People were shouting about last-minute changes wrecking songs, individual retailers doing something or other, and just generally making a fuss. Eventually it turned out that the distributor over here (Sony or Universal or something) had printed a buggy version and sent it out to the retailers, and so they had to offer free replacements to everyone who'd bought the CD.

Like EBU with the official DVD back in 2010, bad sound and bad picture

Pawhlen

The DVD's are never really great, from memory... I still always buy them though. :lol:

I still have no clue as to why they don't release blu-rays of the contest now.

Same wonder here, they only did it in 2011, don´t know why they stopped with it

ClassifiedCat

Two members of the :de: jury are part of a band called "Revolverheld". This band collaborated with :cz: Marta Jankovic and Die Happy in the past. Bias, maybe?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Two members of the :de: jury are part of a band called "Revolverheld". This band collaborated with :cz: Marta Jankovic and Die Happy in the past. Bias, maybe?

It's certainly interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing how the German jury will vote now. :D

Ritararita

Who is Marta Jankovic? :rolleyes:

But yes, this really IS problematic. :( I would be happy for some points from Germany, but I don´t want people saying "It´s because one of her friends was in German jury".

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Who is Marta Jankovic? :rolleyes:

But yes, this really IS problematic. :( I would be happy for some points from Germany, but I don´t want people saying "It´s because one of her friends was in German jury".

Oh dear. As a Brit, I must tell you that the earlier you learn that points are points, the better. xlove

Ritararita

Oh dear. As a Brit, I must tell you that the earlier you learn that points are points, the better. xlove

I am sorry to see that our ideas of moral principles differ so much. :( To me, it´s definitely better to fail in all honesty than win thanks to machinations.

And now please excuse me, I am going to google names of Finnish jury to see if one of them isn´t a member of Apocalyptica.

eerik

He wants the D!

Top Bottom