• Love It!

61 31.1%
  • Hate It!

56 28.6%
  • Unsure

79 40.3%

• Total voters

Dessi

Apparently they didn't know about that change, and that's why they are complaining. Had they know about it, they would have maybe asked to have 100% jury votes, but they didn't know what EBU was cooking.

But there is still time to make suggestions. You can make suggestions any time you like. If SMRTV doesn't like the new rules contact EBU. Talk to them. There will be no change what so ever by telling their own viewers and ESC-fans that they are being discriminated.

cegs5

But there is still time to make suggestions. You can make suggestions any time you like. If SMRTV doesn't like the new rules contact EBU. Talk to them. There will be no change what so ever by telling their own viewers and ESC-fans that they are being discriminated.

But is not ethical what EBU did anyway. However, I don't know if SMRTV has submitted a formal complaint about it.
Besides the controversy, I find it ilogical to use another countries' televote to replace San Marino's. It's just a non-sense.

Chorizo

Aren't the people from their jury Sammarinese though? xthink

Who knows. They might be disqualified for putting Azerbaijan first or something. xshrug

Dessi

But is not ethical what EBU did anyway. However, I don't know if SMRTV has submitted a formal complaint about it.
Besides the controversy, I find it ilogical to use another countries' televote to replace San Marino's. It's just a non-sense.

Well, a lot of thing aren't ethical in life unfortunatelly...

I have to work 10 hours a day inspite of 12 chronic diseases...
I meet a former drug user and alcoholic outside the corner shop every day who sell news paper to get money...
I meet parents at school who doesn't know how to help their kids with school work due to poor swedish...

But we ALL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... We call the authorities to get guidance and tell them our suggestions, we leave our own suggestions at the counsils (= "Medborgarförslag"). We talk to the schools to make a difference... We work our arses off to make a difference.
We give it our ALL to make things better. And the situation is no different from San Marino. They need to talk to EBU if they really want a change instead of only getting support from the Euro-fans and their own viewers by crying...

OK, If San Marino has contacted the EBU and given them suggestions then everythings fine with me.... :p
People need to take action in a way that is positive and can make a real change... and whining isn't the thing. Pick up the phone for gods sake. :D

tuorem

Only tiny nations?

Because judging from the draws France has been given the last three years I'd venture to guess the EBU thinks them irrelevant as well :mrgreen:

I meant in terms of voting under the new system :) Otherwise, yes the draw "issue" does negatively affect both tiny and big countries. ;)

macmillanandwife

I wholeheartedly agree with you [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION]. It is totally unacceptable and illogical to use other countries to represent San Marino's televote. They might as well tell them "We're going to give your 12 televote points to Sweden and you can't do anything about it." I do hope SMRTV did make a formal complaint to the EBU and discuss different ways for them to get the other 50% of their voting power back.

Which makes me wonder, I know they don't have enough of a population to have a valid televote result. Can't they do a survey? Their population is only over 32,000 so they only need about a sample size of 400 people for 95% confidence interval with a 5% margin of error. SMRTV can host a party on the same day of the Jury dress rehearsal with the sample size and all they have to do is vote what their favorite song is for the semis and final. They can calculate the votes and announce them as the televote results. Yeah it's a bit of more work, but it's doable.

aef

Do we still get an interval act or will they start the voting right after the songs? I mean they could already announce the jury points after the songs because they already have them at that point and meanwhile the televotes could be counted...

hungo

Do we still get an interval act or will they start the voting right after the songs? I mean they could already announce the jury points after the songs because they already have them at that point and meanwhile the televotes could be counted...

but the televoters need time to vote ....... sure there will be an interval act

gonzerelli

I know I'll end up comparing this year's scores with previous years'. In order to accurately compare the different scoring systems, I have painstakingly calculated a formula which will help me to directly compare the scores with Alexander Rybak, Loreen and anyone else since 1975:

(Total score) ÷ 2 = (Comparison score)

You're welcome. :p

popavapeur

i found this video about the new system with the 2014 results. I don't think there's people in this forum that don't get it but anyway. it was nice to see it in "movement".

i found this video about the new system with the 2014 results. I don't think there's people in this forum that don't get it but anyway. it was nice to see it in "movement".

Why is there only 26 televoting countries and not the full 37? Is the new voting system like that or did they just not want to do it all? :p

GermanBango

Why is there only 26 televoting countries and not the full 37? Is the new voting system like that or did they just not want to do it all? :p

Well, there are only 26 countries in the final and that means that there can only be 26 "point-packages" - Keep in mind that all the televoting-results from all voting countries will be added up.

NemesisNick

In San Marino, they could show the ESC Grand Final in a cinema somewhere in San Marino on Saturday 14 May 2016. People wanting to see it at that cinema would buy a ticket, just like going to see a film there, and each member of the audience could be given an electronic gadget, e.g. tablet, on which to vote for their favourite song during the first five minutes after the singing ends. The gadgets could be set so that everyone's votes would be sent over an internal wi-fi network to a central computer in the manager's office The computer would aggregate the results together, and that cinema could send them by e-mail, on behalf of SMRTV, to SVT in Stockholm. Surely this would be a better sample of the Sammarise public than what the EBU have proposed.

NemesisNick

Well, there are only 26 countries in the final and that means that there can only be 26 "point-packages" - Remember that all the televoting-results will be slammed together.
I think the countries which are eliminated will still have public telephone voting, and they will get to vote for the 26 finalists, just like the viewers in the grand final countries will have phone voting. Obviously in both cases they can only vote for countries performing in the final. Those countries not in the final will have all 26 finalists to choose from, those in the final will have all but their own country's entry to choose from.

Top Bottom